Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Metroid: Samus Aran WIP

Page: 5 of 5
 TheWhiteRaider
11-19-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by KMan
Stealth Armour

Here is one of the color variants. Depending on how long it takes to get her done, I may get around to doing some others, but no promises.

Nice Kman. Keep up the good work.
 _NinjaGaiden_
11-19-2002, 2:40 AM
OMFG That rocks KMAN!
 Dark Warrior
11-19-2002, 7:42 PM
Awesome work K-Man. This model is going to be a great early jk2 christmas gift!:)

Be patient everyone, the more time that K-Man and Toonces take tweaking the model means the more time they are working on the model meaning the better Samus is going to look in-game. Awesome work guys, I really appreciate it!:)
 Mest
11-20-2002, 1:02 AM
i concur.
:duel:
 TheWhiteRaider
11-20-2002, 1:29 AM
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
Awesome work K-Man. This model is going to be a great early jk2 christmas gift!:)

Be patient everyone, the more time that K-Man and Toonces take tweaking the model means the more time they are working on the model meaning the better Samus is going to look in-game. Awesome work guys, I really appreciate it!:)

I agree. THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 KMan
11-20-2002, 3:41 PM
Here's a pic of all of em. (Escuse the Katana. I didn't mean
to have that pk3 in the base folder)
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/samus16.jpg)

In case you noticed the same camera angle as the last one,
it's because you can't see the horrible tearing going on in the
joint between the shoulder pad and bicep. Once we fix all of
that, she'll be out the door.
 Matt-Liell
11-20-2002, 3:54 PM
Awsome as usual KMan:D ! keep up the great work! will that bug be hard to fix?
 skiner
11-20-2002, 6:54 PM
so when is it comeing out
 Matt-Liell
11-20-2002, 6:59 PM
WHEN HE FIXES THE BUG IN THE SHOULDER! Please be patient and read the post!
 Hellfire Jedi
11-20-2002, 7:50 PM
That guy is extremly annoying anyone agree with me something is posted and all he posts are exactly the SAME thing i think its annoying =/
Also kman those skins look gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
i think that empizises my love for it :P good luck finishing this baby kman btw ur obiwan ep2 rules
btw yadu a release maybe tommrow or friday sounds good cuz all u gotta really do it weight it or move the bone or something that like different so it doesnt loook knasty
 SpYzEr
11-20-2002, 8:07 PM
You know whats annoying (no offence, of course, just CC on your posting) Hellfire, do you use commas, periods, or anything? I think if you did, it would make it much easier to read and understand your posts :D and KMan, those skins..... WOW. Nice job!
 Hellfire Jedi
11-20-2002, 8:24 PM
im not in skool i dont use that CRAPOLA
 SpYzEr
11-20-2002, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
im not in skool i dont use that CRAPOLA

So your saying cause your not in school we cant understand you? Its really not 'CRAPOLA', it helps people understand what your saying...
 MuRaSaMuNe
11-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Holy crap... thats perfection! :thumbsup:
 TheWhiteRaider
11-21-2002, 1:49 AM
That guy is extremly annoying anyone agree with me something is posted and all he posts are exactly the SAME thing i think its annoying =/
Also kman those skins look gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
i think that empizises my love for it :P good luck finishing this baby kman btw ur obiwan ep2 rules
btw yadu a release maybe tommrow or friday sounds good cuz all u gotta really do it weight it or move the bone or something that like different so it doesnt loook knasty

Hey I have been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this model. Metriod is one of the first games I ever played and I have played almost all of the games(And beat them with in the best time. A.K.A. Samus out side of her suit.) And besides if you want to go on about me do PM me so we do not fill up Kman's thread.

Holy crap... thats perfection!

I 2nd, 3rd, and 4th that. :D
 Matt-Liell
11-22-2002, 5:45 PM
how goes fixing the bugs Kman?
 Hellfire Jedi
11-22-2002, 5:58 PM
Ya man,
Its like almost the end of the week mainly is too me u said week of 18th any updates?
 skiner
11-22-2002, 7:04 PM
hellfire now you are anoying for asking to many questions :/
 Hellfire Jedi
11-22-2002, 8:14 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP PLEASE u little flamer
Go home and flame other things like a pet jeez i was curious damn >_< onepost and u fag out u asked about 5-6 different posts the same thing os dont go off on me
 SpYzEr
11-22-2002, 8:25 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP PLEASE u little flamer
Go home and flame other things like a pet jeez i was curious damn >_< onepost and u fag out u asked about 5-6 different posts the same thing os dont go off on me

Calm down!!! And PLZZZZZZ use punctuation in your posts....
 Matt-Liell
11-22-2002, 8:28 PM
i agree calm down u two and please both of u avoid over commenting on stuff and getting at easchothers throuts! please be patient as Kman finishes his great model!:D
 TheWhiteRaider
11-22-2002, 8:47 PM
Guys calm down. Kman will finish soon(I hope). Use the PM if you are going to get at each other's necks. This is how most WIP thread get closed.
 skiner
11-23-2002, 7:41 AM
flamer hpmmm..... i wonder if he looked in a mirror lately....<<<drops the subject
 Kururin
11-23-2002, 10:16 AM
Since i don't have a Game Boy Advance i just d/l Metroid Fusion. Its fun. Now just waiting for my pay check to get Metroid Prime.
 skiner
11-23-2002, 12:28 PM
what is metroid fussion and where can i get it
 Matt-Liell
11-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by skiner
what is metroid fussion and where can i get it

its a gameboy advance game that is coming out qith metroid prime!
 ASk
11-23-2002, 12:41 PM
skiner: stop with the off-topic posts, please. As far as I have seen, 99% of your posts have been either offtopic or repeating themselves over and over. Enough.

All others: as for closing this thread....well, it's KMan's thread, so there no point in doing it. I will leave it to his judgement.
 Kururin
11-23-2002, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade

its a gameboy advance game that is coming out qith metroid prime!

Its been out since thursday and i 've been playin it. I thought it would be a clone of super metroid; like the Super Mario Advances Games, but its a whole new game i believe
 TheWhiteRaider
11-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Guys please stay on topic. Open up a thread in the swamp if you want to talk about that.

How is the debuging coming Kman?
 Kururin
11-23-2002, 10:50 PM
How was it off topic its about metroid!!! Quit begging for updates he will tell when he wants
 TheWhiteRaider
11-24-2002, 1:37 AM
How was it off topic its about metroid

The topic is not Metroid it is about KMan's Samus model.

Go to here if you want to talk about Metroid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84781)

And I posted "How is the Debuging" so it want not completely useless post.
 Kururin
11-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Evertime someone posted one off topic post you are always there to say "Lets stay on topic guys" like your a fag. And Kman post stuff about the Metroid games and you never say "Lets stay on topic guys".

And I love the model Kman and Metroid Fusion!!!! :p
 TheWhiteRaider
11-25-2002, 1:48 AM
Originally posted by Kururin
Evertime someone posted one off topic post you are always there to say "Lets stay on topic guys" like your a fag. And Kman post stuff about the Metroid games and you never say "Lets stay on topic guys".

And your flame is on topic?

This thread is already having problems. Just drop it. Use the PM if you want to flame me.
 skiner
11-25-2002, 5:46 PM
is there any news about the model like that deformation on the sholders how is that coming
 skiner
11-29-2002, 11:12 AM
any news updates about the model because this thread has been dead for a week and i am lossing it NEED UP DATES lol
 Eldritch
11-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Relax. If there's been no news posted, that usually means there's no news to post.

Seeing as how the model is just about at the release state, I don't imagine there would be much news between now and then other than, "It's been released."

So chill. Have a drink. :drink3: :cheers:
And wait patiently like the rest of us.
 the_Beast
11-30-2002, 12:37 PM
i don't want to spoil anyoes enthousiasme but, shouldn't the shoulders and torso be bigger, and the head smaller ?
 DrakkenVII
11-30-2002, 2:02 PM
That is some Sexй s*** man!
Sorry about the off topic-ness b4.
Did you manage to get those other skins workin?
Or did you just say screw that and keep it simple?
 Locke101
11-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by the_Beast
i don't want to spoil anyoes enthousiasme but, shouldn't the shoulders and torso be bigger, and the head smaller ?

Yeah i totally agree with that. I am, like pretty much everyone else here, a big Metroid fan. The skining is awesome but the head should be smaller and the shoulder pads and stuff bigger. Other then that its great. I know i could never do as good of a job as him. I think some good reference pics could be found at www.metroid.com) or if you buy Metroid Prime, there are some good shots of Samus. :) BUT GREAT MODEL. CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D :D :D :D
 Kururin
11-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Just bought Metroid Prime. Its Awesome!!!!:D
 the_Beast
12-01-2002, 8:45 AM
 KMan
12-01-2002, 1:25 PM
I do not need reference pics for the model, it is finished.
As for the size of the head and shoulders, they were scaled to fit with the skeleton, and not clip into themselves during animation.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 1:27 PM
Sounds good KMan
So u planning on releaseing it? im excitted :)
 TheWhiteRaider
12-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Sounds good KMan
So u planning on releaseing it? im excitted :)

Join the "I can't wait and wondering if it is going to be released before I am 89 years old" club. J/K

I just hope it does not take to much longer.
 Matt-Liell
12-02-2002, 8:13 AM
Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

I just hope it does not take to much longer.

same here but i think Kman is tired of hearing it from us!:rolleyes: he will release it when he is ready guys! if he isnt posting updates its cause there is nothing to update which means its almost done! be patient my young padawans!
 Toonces
12-02-2002, 12:46 PM
I'm really sorry for the long wait. I'm just struggleing mightly with the deformations on the arms. I'm attempting a very progressive weighting rig right now that giving me confidence we'll be finished soon. I'll have a new glm out to KMan tonight for testing :)

Not too much longer guys, bear with me
 Psynex
12-02-2002, 1:51 PM
It's come a long way and since I saw a screen on the polycount forums of the shaders in a low-lit area of the map, I can't wait to rip open the pak to learn from it. ;) Kman, please don't take offense to that. I'll definately use it in game, but there is so much more for me to awe at.
Toonces, you're a busy bee. I saw that JK2 was released for gamecube not too long ago; what happened to the post you were going to put up about the community models in the console version? I'd go rent it to find out, but it's too much work to unlock characters for which I could just go download. I'd rather just read a write-up. Sorry to go off topic sllightly, but it stears away from the...."I want this now or my legs will fall off!" posts.
 Toonces
12-02-2002, 2:33 PM
I'm still going to do it, I just have to compile a list of everybody from here who has stuff in the game. The short list I have right now is KMan, Arco, Myself, Spacemonkey, Sithlord-II, Cheshire, Garik, Luuke, and Grafox. Those are the names I reconise from the credits, but there are a few names I'm not sure on and I didn't want to leave anybody out so I held off a bit. It'll be on the front page within a day or so :)
 Mest
12-02-2002, 8:32 PM
do you know WHICH characters of yours made it in to the console version?

Looking great guys. cant wait.
 the_Beast
12-07-2002, 2:56 PM
i've just completed metriod : fusion for gba
great game (for gba anyway):) :D
Page: 5 of 5