Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A long time ago........(Before the sith academy)

Page: 1 of 3
 obi
07-25-2002, 7:23 PM
I am going to make a story here about how mr. Evil Divine SPirit became so evil. Here is part 1, sit back, and enjoy.....

Academy Wars Episode 0.9: Fallen

Obi-wan13 has just started his jedi academy in LucasForums, and all is well. The academy is running smoothly, and everyone is pleased.

The students always practice their lessons, and the Teachers work as hard as they can to provide support for them.

However, unbeknownst to the academy, a secret evil looms over the academy, as the Academy Wars is right around the corner......

*Fade to Obi-wan13 and Whitedragon mock-dualing with Wooden sabers*

Obi-wan Slashed at whitedragon, but whitedragon moved to the right, and obi-wan missed. As soon as he saw this advantage, WhiteDragon went for Obi-wan13's side. Obi-wan knew the was coming, so he quickly rolled forward, missing the slash. The fight went on like this for almost an hour, and both men where now tired, as students stood in awe, watching the battle.

"Call it a day?" Obi-wan asked, as he then heard boo's from the crowd.

"Not yet." Whitedragon said in reply. Whitedragon took a deep breath and ran to obi, trying a hit, which obi-wan blocked. Obi-wan looked at him, and brought his saber up to whitedragons stomach. It was over.

"That's the game." Obi-wan said, as the students clapped.

Obi-wan and Whitedragon bowed to eachother, and set their sabers on the nearest table.

"You are a challenging opponent, Whitedragon." Obi-wan said.

"And you are a challenging teacher." Whitedragon replyed, and the men chuckled. As the two walked off, a certain student took an interest in Obi-wan, and decided to follow him.

This student was a senior, and was ready for graduation. He had been at the academy only 4 years, but entered at a very late age. Now, he was as old as Obi-wan.

"Master Obi-wan," He called out, and obi-wan turned.

"Yes, Divine spirit?" Obi-wan called back.

"That was a good battle, sir! Very Glorious!" The young man Said, trying to compliment Obi-wan/

"Nothing is great or glorious, Divine. The battle was a challenge, and both Whitedragon and I took the challenge. Battle is not as good as it sounds, Divine." Obi-wan said, as he began to walk away.

"I was only trying to compliment you, sir." Divine said, and Obi-wan turned again.

"I know, you meant no harm by the comment, just choose your words a little more carefully." Obi-wan said.

Divine spirit sighed, and replied with a simple "Yes master."

Yes Master. Those words rang in his ears for the longest of times. He felt so terrible about himself for even emplying he was someone else's! Even if those words are meant to pay respect, and Obi-wan Kenobi had earned his respect. But still, "Yes" and "Master" should only be spoken by the weak, and the weak needed to be crushed. And Devine Wpirit was not weak, not weak at all.

To be continued..........
 Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 7:30 PM
i would post another part, but i dont really know where you want to go with it. i think im a pretty good writer. i just dont know where you wanna go with it. perhaps a small hint in a PM
 Darklighter
07-25-2002, 7:40 PM
Would it be okay for me to write a part in this story? It will not interfere, and would link nicely with something I have written recently concerning me and Divine's past. If I have your permission Obi, I will begin writing immediately.

In your reply, could you state approximately how old Divine is? Thanks, if its not too much trouble of course:)
 Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 7:42 PM
well if he isnt someones padawan, is in his 4th year, and entered late, i would guess hes about 10-13 in the story?

EDIT: if he is someones padawan, i would say about 16-19
 obi
07-25-2002, 7:46 PM
By "Entered Late" I mean as an adult.

He is as old as I am, But I have a stronger connection to the force. (or so I thought I did, he is just.....well.......you know how he ends up:p)

If you want to make additions, by all means, go ahead! :)
 Exterminator234
07-25-2002, 7:49 PM
oh yeah, it says right in the text that hes as old as you, duh, im stupid

alright, Darklighter why don't you write a piece and then ill write one, k?
 Darklighter
07-25-2002, 9:04 PM
Obi-wan and Darklighter walked out into the main grounds of the Academy, heading from the lawn in front of the council structure towards the lake. The light of the sun was dimming, the strong vibrant orange clouds spread across the sky in explosion of colour.

Darklighter had been Obi-wan's apprentice for only 9 years before Obi-wan felt he was ready to give him the title of Jedi Knight. Darklighter's skill and coordination in battle was most impressive, and his link with the force had grown ever stronger. Obi-wan had taught him well, and Darklighter looked up to him. They were good friends.

"I sense something strange Master" Daklighter spoke, almost to himself, deep in thought and wonder. "I have done for some time. It is in Divine that I sense it. The feeling is strong." Obi-wan stopped and looked at him carefully, their gazes met.

"Be mindful of your feelings, reach out through them" he spoke gently, but his words were those of instruction, "but do not give in. Do not jump to conclusions. I have told you this before, have I not. The reason you are a Jedi was because I needed to take on Divine, to giude him. Yes, he needs guidance." Obi-wan chuckled to himself, "He asks too many questions. I have taught you everything you need to know."

He began to walk up to the lake. The water was deadly still, as the air was calm, no sign of a breeze. His reflection shone brilliantly, the detail of his brown cloak stood out on the seemingly frozen-still waters.

"He will not rest provoking me" Darklighter seemed aggravated, almost hurt. "I do not know what to do. It makes me angry" he stared down at the ground, his expression grim.

"No!" Obi-wan yelled as he turned to face him. "Anger leads to hate. Control your emotions Darklighter. It is the only way. Good night." With that Obi-wan walked quickly back towards the dorms. Darklighter was left quite shaken, this confused feeling swelled inside him. He did not move. Suddenly a voice came, which made him jump to the side.

"So..." Divine walked out from behind the shadows. He had heard everything. "You sense something in me. I need guidance do I?" his voice was unsettling. His eyes focussed on Darklighter's intensely. "Not with my skill with a lightsaber I think."

"What you need is to gain focus on what your master teaches you" the anger had come back in him now.

"A duel." Divine said wthout warning.

"What!" he was knocked back by the thought.

"Meet me in the courtyard at midnight. If you have honour in what you are fighting for, you will be there. Do not fail me." Those words rung in his ears. He would hear them again.

------------------

Darklighter could have walked away, told Obi-wan and left this to rest. The anger in him was too strong. He had to prove himself against Divine. They had been rivals for a long time, only a small before, but it grew larger now. Darklighter had been the perfect student for Obi-wan. Darklighter resented him with all his might. Neither would ever let the other win.

It was bright outside. The middle of the night, and the full-moon shone with grey-white brilliance, illuminating the cloudless sky and the lanscape below it. Darklighter walked out slowly into the courtyard outside the main building of the Academy. His self-built lightsaber hung from his belt, hs hand close to it. After a minute, Divine stepped out in front of him, the hilt of his saber in his hand. He was getting impatient.

"I knew you would come. I sensed the anger in you." he said menacingly.

"You will not beat me Divine. You will not beat me while resentment is in your heart." Darklighter replied.

"Then prepare to meet your doom, Darklighter!" On that note, the Jedi simultaneously ignited their sabers. Darklighter's glowes orange like fire above the hilt, while the rich purple of Divine's shone intensely.

Divine leapt towards him in an overhead swing, but was met with Darklighter's block. Divine bouced back, and brought the saber up at his side. Darklighter parried blocking it again, and flipped backwards to avoid another swing. It was really the most amazing battle. The Jedi were equally matched, though their hearts were in very different places. One hit after another was blocked, down, to the side, an uppercut from Divine was smashed aside by a forceful blow from Darklighter.

Divine now kicked Darklighter so he spun around. While he was off-guard, Divine brought his saber round and struck Darklighter's shoulder.

"Aaarrrggghh!!" he screamed and fell to the ground, the blood surfaced from the wound. Darklighter filled with rage, and run towards Divine for the first time. He smacked Divine's saber to the side, knocking him off balance, and struck him on the leg. They both clambered to their feet, and stood glaring.

"Impressive" Divine began.

"Most impressive" Darkligher finished. They ran now headlng towards each other. Right before the last hit, a voice yelled.

"Enough!" On that word, both were flung backwards apart from each other. Divine and Darklighter fell to the ground, as Obi-wan walked up between them. There was a silence as they extinguished their sabers. Obi-wan's glare made them realise what they had done, as thy hung their heads shamfully.

"This will never happen again in my Academy. Ever." Divine picked up his saber and held his wound. As he walked past Darklighter, he gave a smirk, a grin of almost precognition. He knew they would fight again. Obi-wan stopped as he faced Darklighter.

"I expected more from you" his voice was cold. Obi-wan followed Divine inside, and left Darklighter standing outside as the clouds covered the blue sky as darkness fell.

To be continued...

I hope you guys liked it. I love this kind of rivalry thing, its cool. I hope you don't mind me putting it though:)
 -[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-25-2002, 9:18 PM
i am empress on how much typing and creativeness you guys put into your story parts, bravo!*starts clapping*
 obi
07-25-2002, 9:55 PM
Thanks Lyger!
:)

Hey Darklighter, that kicked Arse!

ANyways, to continue.............

The next day, Darklighter was in the cafeteria, eating his lunch. Divine Spirit Sat beside him at the table.

"heh. You are a fool." Divine SPirit said, just looking down at his trey.

"You know something Divine? I am tired of you. You are a selfish, mean, person. I am above you in so many ways, it isn't even funny. If you want to start a mature conversation with me, feel free. If not, go away and leave me." Darklighter said.

Divine laughed at that comment.

"You think you are so rightouss,do you? You are no better then your father, that smuggler fellow." Divine said to him.

Darklighter was highly angered by this comment. His father was killed several years ago by bounty hunters, and Obi-wan saved him before he was next. Darklighter looked at Divine with a menacing stare.

"Oh now what? You gonna get mean and nasty and tell me I am a bad person? Hmm, Darklighter?" Divine spirit said loudly, and the students in the cafeteria began to look at the two, and Yom walked out from around the lunch counter.

"Is there a problem, students?" Yom asked.

"No sir." Darklighter said, as he continued to stare at Divine Spirit.

"If there is trouble, I am calling the authorities, understood?" Yom said.

"YEs sir." Darklighter said, and Yom nodded and walked back to the counter.

"You are weak, Darklighter! You give in to any authority voice, and....." Divine began, but was cut short.

"Authority figures are here to be authorities, and are supposed to be listened to. I listen to them, and you do not. Why must you be so problematic, Divine?" Darklighter was now controlling his anger.

"Why not be problematic? Where is the motivation, huh?" Divine said. "You are like your pathetic father."

Darklighter punched Divine in the face. Divine, shocked, punched him back. The other students ran up to them, to break them up. Yom picked up a communicator, and mouthed a few words into it.

Moments later, Obi-wan arrived.

"That is it. You two are confined to quarters untill you learn how to behave! Dismissed!" Obi-wan said, as Divine gave a mean look to Obi-wan, which Obi ignored, and Walked off.

Darklighter tried to apologize, but couldn't get any words out of his mouth.

To be continued...........
 Dath Maximus
07-25-2002, 9:57 PM
ahh the groundskeeper noone remebers.

ohh wait thats me!
 Darklighter
07-25-2002, 10:07 PM
That was great Obi-wan!:) :) :) I really appreciate you linking it with my background story I put before about my father, very good of you:) This doesn't have to be just about me and Divine...you are like both of our Masters, so you should include yourself in the story more:) Just letting you know, cos you're character is the best:thumbsup:

And we haven't forgotten you Dath:D just saving your character for a bigger part...
 Dath Maximus
07-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter

And we haven't forgotten you Dath:D just saving your character for a bigger part...

Ohh yeah!!!

go me!!
 obi
07-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
That was great Obi-wan!:) :) :) I really appreciate you linking it with my background story I put before about my father, very good of you:) This doesn't have to be just about me and Divine...you are like both of our Masters, so you should include yourself in the story more:) Just letting you know, cos you're character is the best:thumbsup:

Don't worry, I haven't forgot anyone in the academy. *points to where he mentioned Yom*

Anyways, I don't want to ruin the story, but there is a reason you are being mentioned alot in the story. :)

(WB Dath!)
 Reb Starblazer
07-25-2002, 11:32 PM
How long before the Academy wars does this take place? I'd post here, but I'm not even sure If I've arrived at the academy yet:D
 Darth Groovy
07-25-2002, 11:43 PM
Jeezum Crow!

An "Academy Wars" Prequal? HA HA HA!

Meesa Lika dis!!!

Yo, bubba.....where's da popcorn!
 Shadow Angel
07-25-2002, 11:52 PM
Hmm... maybe I can incorporate myself into the story somehow... any suggestions?
 Shadow Angel
07-26-2002, 2:35 AM
I think I'll post my backstory and connections to Divine here. This takes place right after leaving [Volcanic Cloning Planet], then goes to a flashback of the past. Like Reb, I had a wife, but this is a bit more tragic. Note that I'm unclear as to how long Divine's been evil, so I assume it's been for at least 10-20 years. Is that too long?

--------------------------------

As Shadow's Infiltrator jumped into hyperspace, he prepared himself for meditation and study. The Dark Lord entered his sleeping chambers and searched through his drawers for his Sith Holocron. As his keen eye caught it, he noticed a peculiar disc laying next to it, something of much lesser hatred and evil. Caught under it's trance, Shadow pulled it out of his drawer and activated it to reveal the holographic image of a young woman. Standing next to her, was a little girl, about five years of age, and a tall man dressed in a black suit, around his twenties. Soon, Shadow was complete trance state, falling into a dream world.......

"Daddy..."

Shadow awoke in a plain surrounded by tall grass and flowers. His deep knowledge of galactic geography immediately told him he was in the lake country of Naboo. Strange, he thought. I thought I burned this place only a few years ago. Shadow felt something tug on his pants, and looked down only to a little girl in a pink dress. So unfamiliar, yet so recognizable. Without thinking, he blurted, "Stop that. Who do you think you are?" The girl chuckled and replied, "Stop being so silly today, Daddy. Mommy's waiting for you."

For some strange reason, Shadow picked up the girl and put her on his shoulders, as if by instinct. And even more curiously, he said, "Well, then, we'd better hurry. We wouldn't want her to not feed us and make us sleep outside, now would we?" And with that, he ran to a small cottage just beyond the hill.

Standing on the front porch there was a strikingly beautiful, young woman, her white dress flapping in the soft breeze. The harmonious atmosphere made her appear as some sort of angel or goddess. All except for the straight, unhappy expression on her face. "Tyler Zemarin, have you been out wandering and daydreaming again? It's a wonder we're even able to pay half the bills this month."

Shadow obviously wasn't used to this kind of situation, and all the Sith teachings in the universe, from his master Divine, all the way back to Darth Bane, couldn't have prepared him for such an unusual encounter. All he could do was stare. After an awward silence, the woman suddenly burst with laughter, leaped toward him, and gave him a long, passionate kiss.

Shadow was about to stammer a command to stop at once, but couldn't. In her presence, he was weak, and powerless. "Tyler, honey, you've always been a real bonehead. Now, how about some roast nuna? I've made your favorite tonight." The concept of even eating has long been forgotten for Shadow, for like Darth Vader, although he didn't have to wear a mask, he was just as unable to perform the normal functions of human life. He was denied even the right to eat. Whenever he watched his troops feasting in the mess hall, he burned with a jealousy, even toward his lowest-ranking minions.

After the quiet dinner, with the exception of some unclear rambling by the little girl about her school, the woman signaled everyone for a photo shot. The three stood together, and for the first time in ages, Shadow smiled. Not an evil smile, but one of pure happiness and satisfaction.

The Dark Lord awoke out of his trance and found himself back in his Infiltrator. The same picture that was taken in the dream was now in his palm, signifying that it was all too real.

-------------------------

Okay, people, how's that for starters? I'm not finished yet! I have to write about how they died and how I met up with Divine. I might even add Whitedragon in since he's my rival now. In fact, I'll probably do so after I come back from the bathroom and look at some other threads.
 Darth Groovy
07-26-2002, 2:46 AM
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away"

Darth Groovy was a wittle tennie weenie guy who ran with the muppet babies poking poeple in the shins whith a lightsaber made of Nerf. Ond day Groovy and his freinds got tickes to see Muppets on Ice............

.............To be continued

P.S. I still want my
:popcorn:

(edit....the damn popcorn smilie still don't work...dammit!)
 Darklighter
07-26-2002, 8:08 AM
A good start Shadow, very good:) I will continue the little rivalry between me and Divine soon. This is a thread for backstories, set abou 5-10 years before the start of the Adademy Wars. If you want to write past things that have happened to your character this is the place:D :thumbsup:
 Dath Maximus
07-26-2002, 8:17 AM
OOH!!

im gonna write about how i joined the academy and what i did before i was a groundskeeper
 Darklighter
07-26-2002, 8:20 AM
That'd be great Dath:D Try and link it in with the story as much as you can.......oh what the hell, just go nuts and write anything:D
 Dath Maximus
07-26-2002, 8:23 AM
ill eventually link it but for the begining i wont be around you people
 Exterminator234
07-26-2002, 10:46 AM
ok this takes place a bit after all of these stories

-----------------------------------

Exterminator was walking in the park with his family, his father, mother, while his brother and sister were pulled along in a stroller. They were going to enjoy a picnic lunch today, in a small clearing in the trees that was a family secret. It was no doubt that other people knew about it, it was just thought funnier by them to call it a "family secret." There were many sorts of animals in the park today, it was Corellia's warm season.

On their way there, they stopped to look at a peculiar looking bird. They stopped to watch it for a while. Suddenly, another bird of its kind came out from the bushes, and started fighting with eachother. That's terrible, for two beings of the same kind to be fighting with eachother, Exterminator thought. He turned away almost immediatly. He was only 6 years old and did not know of wars and battles yet, and that humans fight the most out of all the species in the galaxy. They continued on to their picnic spot.

----------------------------------

Exterminator's family was picking up after their lunch. "Hey, how about when were done, we go to the Corellian Science Museum? How would you like that?" said Exterminator's father. Exterminator dropped what he was doing and yelled back, "Oh yes! That's my favorite! Thank you, daddy!" Father laughed, "Ok, then, son. We'll go after lunch." They continued to clean up. This was going to be a most exciting day.

They we're outside the museum now, in its courtyard. Exterminator was getting more excited by the moment. And the it happened. A scream. The sound of a blaster going off inside the museum. People rushing out the doors. Children screaming. A man with a red glowing sword came out of the door, apparently unafraid. He was wearing a black cloak. And then, he started...laughing? "A Sith!" yelled Father. "A what, daddy?" said Exterminator. "Never mind, son. I will tell you later. We must run now!" Father never got a chance to tell Exterminator. With all of the people running, they were separated. Exterminator just stood there and started to cry. Just like the birds at the park. It's people killing other people. In the middle of his thoughts, Exterminator was whisked up by a man. He had the same appearance as the man with the cloak, except he had a blue sword and a brown cloak. "Come with me, I'll explain later." the man said. Exterminator continued to cry. All the people were pretty much gone now, and Exterminator had a clear view of the dark man. He was running after them. Suddenly, he was dropped by the man. The man ran towards the dark man. Their swords clashed together. The dark man would slash at the other man, he would dodge it or block it, and it continued like that for 20 minutes. Some speeders pulled up by the courtyard then, and people came out and started firing blasters at the dark man. The dark man ran off into the woods.

2 hours later, Exterminator was sitting on a bench at the museum. The man who saved him came up and sat down next to him. "Hello, there, Exterminator." he said. "How did you know my name?" said Exterminator. "I am Obi-Wan. I'm sorry to say your father was found among the bodies. Your father was a Jedi and my friend." My father. A Jedi? Exterminator had heard stories of the Jedi from his father, but he would never had guesses his father was a Jedi. "He was?" "Yes, but he gave up on the Order to marry your mother. And they had you. And you, my friend, have Jedi powers." "I...I do?" "Yes, and if your mother would allow you to go, you can come with me to my Jedi Academy. "Really?" "Yes"

2 days later Exerminator was standing in front of a large building. Well, the Jedi Academy Exterminator was very scared, yet excited at the same time. "Come on in, don't just stand there!" yelled one of the teachers from the door. Here goes nothing.........

so that explains my beginnings. well i hoped you liked it :)
 Dissectional
07-27-2002, 12:06 PM
Exterminator, that kicked arse, i like it from the 6-year old perspective, well done!

I'll post a smidge about my beginnings, so dig in for the long haul.. :D
 Dissectional
07-27-2002, 12:49 PM
It was a brisk autumn day on the planet of Avium. Bustling commerce throughout the foating city of Dantra was unusually light today, for it was supposed to be the busiest day of the week.

A young boy by the name of Dissectional, 8 years old, burst out of one of the market doors. He booked it down the street, with 3 angry merchants behind him. "Stop! Thief! Its that little pest again, Give that Ganko Bread back!" alas, they were no match for the small boy's blinding speed. The youngster was quite the acrobat. Leaping over railings, bouncing off walls, and shimmying up columns, he ditched his persuers. Calmly he storde back to the slum district, where his mother, father, and baby siser resided. He walked through the door, dropping the bread on the table.
"It was easier today than normal, the streets were less crowded by Glubdryk's Bakery. I gave them the slip in no time." Dissectional chuckled.
"This is terrible, having to steal to eat. But son, thank you for taking the trouble." There came the voice of his father, an aging man who looked tired of life.

Dissectional's father had some run-ins with bill collectors. after he got fired from his job, they had to move from their apartment into a run down spot in one of the shanty towns. Nevertheless, Dissectional was always content wih his surroundings, no matter how squalid or unkempt.

His father asked with a sigh, "How can that boy keep a smile on his face in the midst of all this poverty and sadness?"

His Mother replied, "he is strong with the Force, i can sense it. He would have made a great Jedi had we the money to send him to the academy."

The next day, something terrible happened. Dissectional was only about 50 paces from his home when he heard blaster fire. he ran towards his home to find his father fighting them off. Dissectional bolted in, and gave one of the hoodlums a fist in his teeth. the other aimed a pistol toward his little sister. "NO! LEAVE HER ALONE!" Dissectional screamed and dove in front of his sister, taking a blaster bolt to the ribs.

as he cried out in pain, and tumbled across the floor. a man in a brown robe darted inside and lit up a brilliant blue glowing sword. dissectional barely saw the sword flash through one of the hoodlums before he passed out.

When he awoke, he was on a starship, bandages wrapped around his chest. The man in the brown robe sat next to him.
"Well, we thought you weren't going to make it, but you proved us otherwise," the man spoke, in a calm, relaxing voice.
Dissectional shouted, "Where are my mother and father? Where is my sister?" He sat up in the bad, shocking the nurses who stood aside him. "Lay down, this is going to be hard," the man spoke to him. Dissectional knew instantly. Tears poured down his face as the words fell on deaf ears. "...your sister, however,.." The man's sentence was cut short by dissectional's hands gripping his cloak. "What? is she alive?!" Dissectional was frantic for hope. "Yes, she is alive. We had her taken to a new home on Dantooine. There she will grow up with loving parents."

"Where are you taking me?" Dissectional questioned. "To the LucasForums Jedi Academy. You are strong with the Force, I can sense it. There your talents will grow and flourish. We will teach you to be a strong Jedi." The man's voice was comforting. "I never learned your name, young man." "I'm Dissectional, and who are you?" "I am Obi-wan13, and I run the Academy here. Look out the window and see for yourself.

Dissectional looked out, and it was a grand spectacle, one such as he'd never seen before. The academy was so big! it must have been miles around the grounds. As the ship set down on the launch pad, a couple of Jedi greeted them. "Dissectional, I'd like you to meet your new teacher and master, Dath Maximus. He is the groundskeeper here, but don't let that fool you. He is a great Jedi and warrior."
"He..Hello." Dissectional's voice was shaky, as he was nervous to be meeting so many new people. He had a long day ahead of him, preparing for his new life as a Jedi.
 Dath Maximus
07-27-2002, 1:03 PM
ok my story. (note: this takes place 20 years before the academy is attacked.)

The rain pelted Maximus as he stood in the courtyard waiting for the right moment, all his senses were outstreached as he looked for his opponent. Opening his eyes and igniteing his two blades, maximus leapt forward dodging his opponents onslaught.
"You cannot win!" he yelled spining and lashing out.

Using the lightsaber in his left hand he blocked another attack giving him an opening to attack. With all his strength he swung with the other blade. Unigniting his weapons, the jedi covered himself with his cloak and proceded to his ship.

As he began his assent off the world plagued by neverending rain, he began to think about the home he had lost. Branded as a traitor he would never again see the world he once protected. All of this was because of the sith.

"R9" a series of beeps acknoledged him "set coordinates for the terranis system. I have an old debt to repay."

to be continued...
 Dissectional
07-27-2002, 1:46 PM
Ah, Mister Maximus's mysterious beginnings...

*grabs bucket of popcorn and enormus pepsi*

I gotta see this... :D
 Dath Maximus
07-27-2002, 1:57 PM
and so you shall. but a warning i did some things un-becoming of a jedi.

and so....

the small ship exited hyperspace near the terranis systems third moon. "Good work R9 i dont think we were detected by Lord Quentin." As the ship entered the atmosphere of the first planet Maximus activated the cloaking device to avoid detection. Landing rather hard upon the rocky surface of the planet, Maximus cursed himself for it. "Ive been a pilot for 30 years and i still land horribly." Covering himself with his dark brown cloak (think aniken's from ep2), Maximus began to hurry through the underbrush of the few trees about. As he approached the summit of a small hill over a ravine, he heard several battle droids nearby. Using all his ability to conceal himself he crept by.

The factory was very heavily guarded. but for a jedi master of his skills, maximus had no problem slipping in unnoticed. The sound of footsteps echoed as Maximus walked down the abandoned hallway, reading each door as he strode. "Ahh the security room"
Igniting his lightsaber, Maximus carved his way into the door with a few precision slices.

to be continued
 Dath Maximus
07-27-2002, 3:04 PM
As Maximus finished cutting his way through the door, a force field errected itself around Maximus. Now trapped he had no choice but to wait. "Ahh maximus, i see youve returned." a deep voice spoke out. Turning to the new voice Maximus gazed upon Lord Quentin, Maximus's old master. "I thought id repay my debt to you, after all you pegged me as a traitor." A sneer grew on Quentin's face. "Very Well," a bright flash of light overwhellmed maximus, soon all he saw was black.

Searing pain awoke Maximus. Grabbing his head he found blood flowing freely. After a few moments of pressure the bleeding was controled. "Damn, they took my lightsabers." he said aloud. Searching around the small room he soon noticed it was located at an arena. the sound of a cheering crowd soon became deafening. Outside he became witness to the slaughter of 2 jedi. One who he recognized.

A guard entered his cell armed with a electro pike. "this way." it grunted. Following its command, Maximus stepped out into the stone arena. As he gazed up he noticed the stars were different. That he had been moved to a new planet. A slight shock of pain in his hands distracted him from his thought as he was being tied to another jedi. Turning to look he saw.....

Ok all my devoted readers time for an interactive poll!!
who should i be tied to?
A. Obi-Wan13
B. Qui-gon, obi's master
C. Darklighter's master
or D. a nother jedi who you choose the name of.
 Dath Maximus
07-27-2002, 4:17 PM
bumped on request
 Camus
07-27-2002, 4:18 PM
A. Obi-Wan13
 Reb Starblazer
07-27-2002, 7:36 PM
A. Obi-wan13

It would create a great background for how you two first met and came to work at the jedi academy.
 Who Knows?
07-27-2002, 8:41 PM
D: another Jedi

Pick someone who isn't mentioned as much in the stories. Like AB_Legion or someone else on the teachers page.
 Darklighter
07-27-2002, 11:08 PM
I kinda agree with Who Knows?......but, I think it should be Obi-wan. It will fit in with the overall story well, and yeah it kinda makes sense to have you two meet like this:D
 Exterminator234
07-28-2002, 7:24 AM
lol, i like how obi goes around rescuing little kids :D
 Dath Maximus
07-28-2002, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by Exterminator234
lol, i like how obi goes around rescuing little kids :D
yeah except for one thing, im older than obi. My character is like 227 years old during the academy wars. Hes a freaky species.

allright it looks like obi and i should meet.

all i need is obi to say something
 Exterminator234
07-28-2002, 8:59 AM
wookiee :D
 Dath Maximus
07-28-2002, 9:12 AM
Originally posted by Exterminator234
wookiee :D

does my avatar look like a wookie???

NO! he looks human
 Agen
07-28-2002, 9:22 AM
He is made of metal *no emotion on face*
 Dath Maximus
07-28-2002, 9:25 AM
thats good enough for me.

ok in a littel while im gonna write some more if i can think of something good.
 Darklighter
07-28-2002, 11:57 AM
Yeah Max, that story is soooo cool:thumbsup:

Can't wait for ya to write the next bit...its gonna be good:)
 Dath Maximus
07-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Turning his eyes caught those of Obi-wan13's. "so how you get into this mess?" Obi asked. "tried to assasinate a sith lord." he cooly replied. Studying the arena, Maximus noticed a flaw in the restraints. "I think i can get us out of these chains" he told obi wan. receiving a nod, Maximus began to pull the chains in different directions, using the force to its fullist. A pop shot out as the chains were ripped into, freeing the two jedi.
"Good Job." obi wan shouted over the angry roar of the crowd.

Suddenly it got quiet. A huge gate opened up revealing a rancor, blood from its last feast still dripping from its mouth. Grabbing the chain, Maximus began swinging it like a whip. Obi ran forward distracting the beast. Sensing the perfect chance Maximus lept up landing on the beasts back. "yippie ki yi ya!" he shouted. The chain swung around the creatures neck. Pulling with all his might a loud snap sounded the beasts defeat. Obi now running through the stadium, leapt onto the seating floor and proceded to run to the hanger. Maximus however was unsuccessful in his escape. Quentin stood before him. "Such a pity, you would have made excelent food for my pet." he sneered as he soke. Pain ran through Maximus's head as the world went black. "Take him to the detention complex. On the moons of Iones." Obi wan heard this as he lifted off the planet with the listening device he had put on Maximus. "I will repay you." He spoke to himself.

to be continued....
 Darklighter
07-29-2002, 9:44 PM
We've got to keep this one up too...as long as everyone has told their story if they want to, thats fine:)
 Shadow Angel
07-30-2002, 1:06 AM
Sorry, people, haven't had Internet for 3 days. I'm gonna post my next chapter up tomorrow after I edit it some. It doesn't flow well right now.
 Darth Groovy
07-30-2002, 2:25 AM
Jeezum Crow!

This thing has taken on a life of it's own!!!

Well I would like to post a chapter about Darth Groovy's origins but I don't want to reaveal everything just as yet, and I want everything to be consistant with the previous chapters listed above. I am going to have to do my homework with this one.

P.S. The Muppet Babies post was meant as a joke, but I guess it wasn't that funny because you all aren't laughing
:rolleyes:
 Darth Slayne
07-30-2002, 5:54 AM
Don't know if this has any place here, I'm not part of the Sith Academy as of yet. But I've written a background story for my character. Anyhow, hope you enjoy...

Location: A cloaked asteriod somewhere in deep space, along the edge of the known galaxy.

Dreams. Thats all they are, just dreams. But it wasn't always so. Darth Slayne awoke with a jolt, disturbing the clear liquid he was submerged in. A moment of panic passed through him as he breathed in a lungfull of the warm liquid, causing him to thrash violently within the tight confines of the transperasteel cylinder he was encased in. But the moment of anxiety passed and he came to his senses. The tasteless liquid was designed that way, to provide oxygen to the body much like that of a mothers womb. Yet every time he awoke like this he did the same thing; panic. It was only natural he supposed, but that didn't mean he had to like it.
Allowing himself to relax, he closed his eyes and began trying to make sense of the images that caused him to awaken with a start. Then something strange happened. Instictively he drew strength from something, somewhere, but he could not pin it down. Whatever it was it helped clear his mind, and then the dream came back as vivid as though he had never awoke from it. Before him stood a man, with slightly greying hair. A look of disbelief evident in his eyes...
"Seth, we cannot allow you to leave this world." the man said sadly. "This must end here and now. The Sith cannot be allowed to continue. They are wrong, you know that!"
Darth Slayne did not respond, he had forsaken that name a few years ago.
"Lord Kaan and his minions have been crushed," the man continued, "the Sith are now extinct. You don't have to share their demise."
Slayne knew where the man was headed, but it was too late. He looked around at the devestated plains of Russan and sighed. He had come to think that his brethren would win this battle, and that the enemy would be wiped out once and for all. He was mistaken.
"Come with us." It was a womans voice, his beloved Niah. "Come back to the light my love, you still have hope."
He looked longingly into the Twi'leks eyes, trying to find some semblance of the love that he had thought they shared. Only pitty was there now, not love. Angrily Slayne tore his eyes from her and stabbed his finger at the tiny controls of his wrist computer. A quiet beep of acknowlegment came from the small unit and he gazed whith contempt at the man he had once called master.
"What have you done?" The man said in alarm.
"You can't stop me old man." Slayne spat. "Leave me here in peace, I don't want to destroy you, but I will if I must!"
With a snapping hiss the old mans lightsaber ignited, and he brought the green blade up high in a ready stance "I thought I had trained you better than that Seth!" He said in a tone filled with regret.
Resigned to the enevitable, Darth Slayne ignited his own saber. The angry red glow from the weapon was a stark reminder that he had lost his old purple saber long ago; the day they had betrayed him. Seth, the former Jedi Knight said nothing in response. He just swung his blade at his old mentor.
The old man bloked the attack without much effort, he knew in his heart that his former padawan learner was no match for him. He never was. It saddened him greatly that it had to be this way; he had shown so much potential.
"Don't do this Seth!" Niah cried. She had not activated her own weapon. There was still hope for her beloved.
Slayne did not want to hear her voice, so he swang again and again at the older man. He was too full of rage to care any more. It mattered little to him that his old master did not so much as break a sweat with this challenge. They had practiced much together, and he was sure of the fact that the old fool knew his every move. It sickend him to the stomach. Without warning the old man went on the offensive, and Slayne was hard pressed as he fumbled in a vain attempt to defend. The rapid clash of energy rang in his ears and time seemed to slow down as the enevitable final strike drew near.
"Please, Seth!" Niah screamed. "You only have to deactivate your weapon and come with us! All will be well again, like it was before!"
Slayne refused to give in. He saw his old masters saber come down for the death blow; saw the saddened look of victory in the mans eyes...
Only then did Slayne give up the ruse. Impossibly quick, he parryed the blow and ignited a second red saber. He forced the old man back on the defensive with the savage force of his attack. The hum of sabers was almost a continuous drone, and the lightnig fast movement of the twin blades seemed to cast an eiry red haze around the combatants. Within a heartbeat, the spinning dance of death came to an abrupt end.
The old man would never know that he had been sliced through both neck and abdomen. He never even heard the anguished scream from Niah as his lifeless body fell to the ground in three pieces. Likewise, he would never know that the beautiful Twi'lek woman had ignited her own saber in a vain attempt at justice. All he'd ever know now was that he was one with the force...
Niah lunged at Slayne in righteous fury only to have her saber cut clean through in a shower of sparks that stung her hand. Then she was hurled to the ground as a bolt of lightning struck her delicate green body. She could not believe that her beloved would do this to her. "Why have you done this?" She moaned, as tears came to her eyes. "What has gone so wrong that you would kill the man who was almost a father to you?"
"You betrayed me!" Slayne hissed "You left me to the mercy of the Sith back on Korriban!"
"We thought you had died!" Niah cried. "We would have come for you had we known otherwise! I loved you damn it!"
"No! You would have sensed it if I did die. You coveted my position as an aprentice to a great man. You left me to die so you could further your own ends!"
"Thats not true and you know it!"
The world seemed to spinn around him as he looked down at her pleading face. He wanted so desperately to believe her but master Bane had told him the truth. The anger swelled so much inside him that he visibly shook from it. Above him he could hear the unmistakable whine from his ships engines, and he knew that his droid had responded dutifully to his summons. Time was running out, he had to be clear of this place before other Jedi came to mop up the remains of his doomed allies. A moment of calm fell over him and he knew what he must do...
Niah looked down at the red saber in disbelief as it plunged ever so slowly into her chest. She didn't scream. All she did was look into her lovers eyes with both pitty and forgiveness. "I loved you..." was all she could say before all went dark...

Darth Slayne snapped back into the present and promptly banished such memories from his mind. That was over two thousand years ago, yet he could not understand why he still had nightmares over it. He contemplated on this deeply for a long while before it dawned on him that he only had these dreams when he was sleeping within the liquid filled cylinder. But the dream had never awoken him like this before. Something else had awoken him. but what? Suddenly a cold anger welled up in him. He knew now the purpose of the cylinder; it was a cloning tank. He was a clone. Slowly, his memories returned one by one. He remembered long ago that he had found a way to force his soul into a bearly living copy of his own body. That meant that he had died at some point. No, he had died many times; he remembered now. It made him angry. He would find the one responsible and destroy him. An image suddenly sprang to mind, and a name.....Darklighter.....But he knew that this was not the one who killed him. No, this memory was external. Someone had sent the image as a warning; a new threat. More images and names came to mind. More warnings...
And then Darth Slayne felt a presence he had not felt in a very long time. There were sith out there, he knew it without doubt. A dark hooded figure suddenly loomed before his minds eye. It spoke to him in chilling wispers. "You will join us my dark ally....seek out the Sith accademy, and a new master. Together we will destroy these fools..."
Darth Slayne, Dark Sith of the ancient order had an new name to consider...Divine Spirit...

There you have it. Let me know what you think of it. I plan on adding more to this but I think I'll wait for your feedback before attempting that. Zenks...
 Exterminator234
07-30-2002, 7:54 AM
wow that was great nice job :thumbsup:
 Dath Maximus
07-30-2002, 11:08 AM
and now the final chapter of Maximus.

Maximus awoke to find himself alone in a dark, cold prison. Nothing around him to keep him sane. It would be a long time before he saw light again.

10 years later....

"this is obi-wan13, ive found the complex." Obiwan landed with no difficulty. searching the door he found what he was looking for. Slowly the large door opened up. the smell of rotting flesh filled his nostrils. Activating his flash light he looked around the room. In the corner he found maximus. He looked surprisingly good for a man who has survived on rat meat. "Its ok we are going to get you out of here.

3 months later....

Maximus awoke in the academy hospital, looking around he noticed obi wan approaching. "so?" he asked "im afraid Quentin remains alive and in power." he replied. "but if you like you can stay here where he will never find you." "alright" maximus replied.

And thus began Maximus's duties as a groundskeeper.
 Yom
07-30-2002, 2:25 PM
Yom Thyne local Master Chef at the Academy not all what people think he is. He not just a bad ass Chef with mad skill with a knife. but he is also a ex bounty hunter that would hunt done the jedi and give the heads to the sith. with the ability to get in to any base or out of any prison and also able to take out any one that would cross him.

his long life started in the bars of tatooine. he hould here all the tails of many piolts jedi and sith. his own father was a bar keep on tatooine but was one day in the cross fire bwtween a bounty hunter and a jedi. the jedi saber struck his fater and he died and so did the jedi. Yom was glad to see the bounty hunter kill him. And out of pitty the bounty hunter took Yom and traind him to be a bounty hunter as well.

with many years to pass hellping that bounty hunter named Ryal Tygown. The 2 of them fought many jedi and other scum. Till one day Ryal was kill in a strugel with a jedi. After the death of his teacher and Friend Yom takes mounths to hunt down and kill the Jedi that kill Ryal. then he voues to kill every jedi he comes across and he dose.

but he comes across Obi-Wan13 his most dificalt jedi he has come across. after many encounters and many mouths traking down. till after one encounter he is almost nere death that Obi-Wan13 desides to spare his life and give him a chanse to change. so Yom takes this gift and becomes a chef. he put all his armor and guns away in his room and becomes a chef and goss and works of the academy.

Now a master Chef Yom serves the Jedi meals and Beer
 Reb Starblazer
07-30-2002, 11:10 PM
That was good Yom. I plan on posting how I ended up at the Academy as well. Just give me a while to write it. It'll probably be up here tomorrow, or maybe the next day... I never find time to write anymore.
Page: 1 of 3