Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What stance is DFA???

Page: 1 of 1
 <>Phant0m<>
03-15-2002, 4:00 AM
I call the specials -

Blue - Lunge

Yellow - Medium Finisher

Red - DFA (Death From Above)
 leXX
07-24-2002, 7:54 PM
There seems to be some conflicting opinions as to what stances special move is called DFA, so let's sort it out by having a vote!

I consider DFA to be the red stance finisher and the yellow stance finisher is called Yellow DFA. What do you think?
 MUHAHAHAHAHA
07-24-2002, 8:04 PM
I call the red attack the red finisher, and the yellow attack the DFA, because DFA stands for Death From Above, which would require the move to bring you above the other player. The red move is a jump forward / downward hack (as stated in the JKII user manual). Personally, call it whatever you want, I could care less :).
 zerowingzero
07-24-2002, 9:35 PM
The Red is the origional Death From Above, as it always is a death if it hits, I'm gonna go back to my pevious statment that the yellow finisher be called "The Lopper"
 thehomicidalegg
07-25-2002, 10:28 PM
*bump* to the right time
 Pad
07-28-2002, 12:17 PM
lexx, ur absolutely right

DFA is the red

Yellow DFa is .... YELLOW
 Mallakai
07-28-2002, 12:55 PM
My opinion:
DFA= Red
Ive always called the other medium special, or medium finisher..sometimes just diving slash
 druid
07-28-2002, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by Mallakai
My opinion:
DFA= Red
Ive always called the other medium special, or medium finisher

I agree completely ;)
 Daar-Siidomus
07-29-2002, 10:06 AM
I think red is DFA, and I alwayz called yellow that cool flip move thats hard to hit people with.
 LivingSacrifice
07-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by druid

I agree completely ;)

What they said^ :D
 SLO-Sentinel
07-29-2002, 11:33 AM
yellow: yellow special, yellow DFA (yeah, it's from above :D)
red: red DFA

That's what I call em'. :D
 ToppDog
07-29-2002, 11:47 AM
DFA alone usually refers to the red move, but I've heard a lot of people also refer to the twirl move as yellow DFA.
 teutonicknight
07-29-2002, 2:09 PM
Well. I think:

Yellow: Yellow finisher

REd : DFA
 Lionen
07-29-2002, 3:47 PM
It sounds logical that the yellow move should be called DFA, but since almost everyone calls the red move DFA, so do i, to prevent trouble and misunderstanding :rolleyes:
 zworqy
07-29-2002, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA
I call the red attack the red finisher, and the yellow attack the DFA, because DFA stands for Death From Above, which would require the move to bring you above the other player. The red move is a jump forward / downward hack (as stated in the JKII user manual). Personally, call it whatever you want, I could care less :).

YES!!! Finally someone who interprets the statement "Death from above" correctly!!

BTW, does anyone which context "Death from above" originally comes from?
I know it's not from jk2, but I can't seem to remember from where...
And doesn't it imply that it's something that takes you by surprise? The yellow move is far more surprising than the red. (At least the first time)
 ToppDog
07-29-2002, 8:04 PM
Originally posted by zworqy

YES!!! Finally someone who interprets the statement "Death from above" correctly!!

BTW, does anyone which context "Death from above" originally comes from?
I know it's not from jk2, but I can't seem to remember from where...
And doesn't it imply that it's something that takes you by surprise? The yellow move is far more surprising than the red. (At least the first time)

I'm not sure if this is the true origin of the saying, but "Death From Above" is the motto of the U.S. Army Airborne Infantry. HOOAH!!!
 zworqy
07-29-2002, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by ToppDog

I'm not sure if this is the true origin of the saying, but "Death From Above" is the motto of the U.S. Army Airborne Infantry. HOOAH!!!

If so, "Death from above" DOES imply that it's supposed to be surprising!
 ToppDog
07-30-2002, 1:08 AM
Heck yeah!!! Silent but deadly!!!

I think people started calling the red move DFA because it was the most deadly of the special moves when the game first came out & everybody spammed it.

Nobody paid attention to the yellow move as much until the first patch came out & the red move got nerfed a bit. Then people started using the yellow move a bit more.

Since the red move was the first one spammed, people started referring to it as DFA & the name sort of stuck, even though technically the term is more appropriate for the yellow move.
 Son of Calypso
07-30-2002, 12:30 PM
I usually call them...

YDFA or RDFA

sometimes...

MDFA or HDFA
 remark 666
07-30-2002, 3:13 PM
I call them both DFA, the person I've just fragged will be the judge on what type it was ^_^ muahahahaahahah!
 Jah Warrior
07-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Yellow DFA and Red DFA only because DFA is easier to type than yellow overhead thingymajig
 Twins of Doom
07-31-2002, 9:59 PM
i say dfa as heavy and medium finisher as the medium unique

the dfa abbreviation was created in 1.02 for the heavy stance (or red as some people call it) and then it was started to be used for the medium finisher near the end of 1.03

or so i have noticed here

but if you talk to people who have never been to lucasforums they say "huh?" to DFA
 karismatik
08-01-2002, 6:20 AM
lexx, i can't believe you actually went ahead with this poll... eh, stoopid question, it's red stance :)

i think it started off at jediknightii.net and other kinda "official" sites where they called it dfa... so the name stuck... i hafta agree that yellow is really truly from above, but it's always been the red move that's been called that...
 C'jais
08-01-2002, 7:06 AM
Originally posted by Twins of Doom
i say dfa as heavy and medium finisher as the medium unique

the dfa abbreviation was created in 1.02 for the heavy stance (or red as some people call it) and then it was started to be used for the medium finisher near the end of 1.03
or so i have noticed here
but if you talk to people who have never been to lucasforums they say "huh?" to DFA

Yeah, I used to get surprised when these l33t clanners didn't even know what DFA was... But not everyone visit jk2.net or these forums - though they damn well should!

Hmmm.... DFA is red special for me, and yellow special is simply "the hated move" since I get killed by it tons of times. But I can respect and understand a "yellow DFA" just perfectly, as long it's clear what moves we're talking 'bout then I'm fine.

BTW Twins, it's not called red stance, or even heavy stance - it's called "Strong stance" officially... Gotcha!
 Bluezman
08-02-2002, 6:59 AM
Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA
I call the red attack the red finisher, and the yellow attack the DFA, because DFA stands for Death From Above, which would require the move to bring you above the other player. The red move is a jump forward / downward hack (as stated in the JKII user manual). Personally, call it whatever you want, I could care less :). Well actually when you observe the DFA animation (of yourse I am talking about the red stance finisher, which the term DFA really belongs to :D ), you will notice that the character jumps up (hellloooooo!!! :D ) and then falls down (thus coming from above) and he brings his saber up over his head (hellllooooo!!!! :D ) and then slashes downwards. So the blade comes from above. I don't see your point in arguing about not being above the other player. "From above" doesn't nbeccessarily mean "the player is above the opponent", it can also mean "the blade comes from above", which in this case, it does.

The term was invented by the community in the early days of JK2 (when you probably weren't even around yet? Just guessing ;) ) when the red stance finisher was way more deadly than now in 1.04, can you say 1.02?

Also when saying that you don't care what other people call it, you are missing an important point: This is about communication. If you want to be understood, better use the term that most people use, otherwise you'll be misunderstood. If you still don't care, what's the point being on the forums?
 karismatik
08-02-2002, 8:52 AM
Originally posted by cjais

Yeah, I used to get surprised when these l33t clanners didn't even know what DFA was... But not everyone visit jk2.net or these forums - though they damn well should!

Hmmm.... DFA is red special for me, and yellow special is simply "the hated move" since I get killed by it tons of times. But I can respect and understand a "yellow DFA" just perfectly, as long it's clear what moves we're talking 'bout then I'm fine.

BTW Twins, it's not called red stance, or even heavy stance - it's called "Strong stance" officially... Gotcha!

hey, what's wrong with "red stance"??? (i know it's light, medium, strong, but ppl often call it blue, yellow, red...)
 leXX
08-02-2002, 10:27 AM
Let's not be picky, we all know which stance ppl are refering to! :tsk:
 leXX
08-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by karismatik
lexx, i can't believe you actually went ahead with this poll... eh, stoopid question, it's red stance :)

i think it started off at jediknightii.net and other kinda "official" sites where they called it dfa... so the name stuck... i hafta agree that yellow is really truly from above, but it's always been the red move that's been called that...

Um, I didn't want to start this poll but I was arguing the matter with someone so to prove my point, I posted this poll!

btw: my point has been proven (25/4) so nuff said. :D
 GrEEk_OuTcAsT
08-02-2002, 11:38 AM
What's how I call them

Blue Special = Lunge

Yellow Special = Air Flip

Red Special = DFA
 zworqy
08-02-2002, 5:53 PM

hey, what's wrong with "red stance"??? (i know it's light, medium, strong, but ppl often call it blue, yellow, red...)

Wrong again... it's Fast, Medium and Strong.
 Darth Kaan
08-03-2002, 9:03 AM

Which are designated by the colors Blue, Yellow and Red.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other...
 C'jais
08-03-2002, 9:15 AM
Hey guys, don't get bent out of shape over this sh**!

I call strong stance "red stance", even though it's not the official word, I just wrote some **** to Twins because he thought he was right ;)

I call it blue stance as well man, chill guys.

As long as we know what we're talking 'bout, right?
 karismatik
08-03-2002, 11:05 AM

Sorry, my mistake... Though I primed myself on Artifex's guides which called them Light, Medium, Strong... Let's put the matter to bed :)
 leXX
08-03-2002, 11:25 AM

Sorry, my mistake... Though I primed myself on Artifex's guides which called them Light, Medium, Strong... Let's put the matter to bed :)

*tucks it in and gives it a kiss goodnight* :D
 Twins of Doom
08-03-2002, 11:37 AM

smart ass
 C'jais
08-03-2002, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by Twins of Doom

smart ass

Yeah yeah.... Can't hear ya.... :p :D
 Twins of Doom
08-03-2002, 4:15 PM
I'd like to meet the guy who invented sex, and see what he's working on now...
 CKA_Viking
08-04-2002, 1:12 PM
call the yellow "THE SCOOP"

its looks like the movement u do when u get some ice cream..lol

ok i need to stop drinking beer..lol
 C'jais
08-04-2002, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by CKA_Viking
call the yellow "THE SCOOP"

its looks like the movement u do when u get some ice cream..lol

ok i need to stop drinking beer..lol

Listen up Steve, I really think you need some counselling...

And lay off the hard drugs while you're at it....

"like ice-cream" - *ROFL* One scoop or two scoop?
Page: 1 of 1