Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tricks!

Page: 1 of 1
 karismatik
03-15-2002, 5:10 AM
Originally posted by lexx
ok I'll do a poll to see the majority vote! ;)

Seriously??? :)

hehe... DFA's one of the coolest moves if you time it right and catch your enemy off guard, tho if you do it all the time it becomes predictable and is very easy to avoid if your enemy is watching...

i think Lexx explained it really well, but I find it easier to learn this way:
1. do the normal red-stance top-down hack... make sure you hold down your attack button... when your hands come together, then press forward and jump...
2. practise the timing with this red-stance move first up and learn it really well...
3. chain it into your other red-stance combos, this is the way to take your enemy by surprise... you can go into dfa from ANY red-stance normal move (the twirls and stuff as well), which is what makes it so effective... good use of dfa, as opposed to spamming it, i think is one of the most valuable moves to learn...

cheers,
K
 karismatik
03-15-2002, 5:11 AM
whaaa!!! my post ended up at the top???

i don't think it's just me, it's happened to other ppl too rite???
 keo718
03-15-2002, 5:13 AM
Hey, recently I saw a real nice move with the lightsaber. This guy while standing still threw his lightsaber and had it rotate around him indefinitely. Does anyone know how to do this?
 Danyael
07-23-2002, 6:46 PM
I was on yesterday for about 5 hours! this game is addicting. I found a really nice guy who taught me a whole bunch of light saber moves and some tricks!

I learned how to kick
backstab
do this fancy slice from while flipping, (looks like something from crouching tiger, hidden dragon,)
run on walls, etc..

Just wondering if there are any tricks that I might find useful during multiplayer.

thanks
 leXX
07-23-2002, 8:02 PM
It's all in the timing! Time your swings and don't swing unless your gonna hit something. Another tip is change stances often during a game to keep your opponent on their toes. You never mentioned DFA (death from above), it is the red stance special move and is done by pressing attack, when you are half way through the swing, press forward and jump. This is a one hit kill if landed. ;)
 zworqy
07-23-2002, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by lexx
You never mentioned DFA (death from above), it is the red stance special move and is done by pressing attack, when you are half way through the swing, press forward and jump. This is a one hit kill if landed. ;)

Lexx, considering your number of posts I'm surprised you could get this wrong. The DFA is the YELLOW stance's special move and he DID mention it. "this fancy slice from while flipping" sounds like DFA to me. The RED stance's special move is a forward & downward hack, not really fitting the description "from above".
It's done as you described it, however.
 Lionen
07-23-2002, 8:28 PM
Sorry zworqy, but everyone I speak to refer to the red special move as the DFA. There is even lots of people that starts flaming, when someone calls the yellow special move DFA... so i am pretty sure that it's the RED stances special move that is called DFA.
 its420onthedot
07-23-2002, 9:15 PM
You are correct Lionen. Although, both of them are referred to as DFA, usually yellow DFA and red DFA.

But more commonly, the red stance special move is the DFA.
 teutonicknight
07-23-2002, 9:52 PM
The yellow DFA is also called a yellow finisher
 leXX
07-23-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by zworqy

Lexx, considering your number of posts I'm surprised you could get this wrong. The DFA is the YELLOW stance's special move and he DID mention it. "this fancy slice from while flipping" sounds like DFA to me. The RED stance's special move is a forward & downward hack, not really fitting the description "from above".
It's done as you described it, however.

um yeah, read the threads in this forum a bit closer! everyone refers to the red stance special move as DFA and the yellow stance special move as yellow DFA! :rolleyes:
 Twins of Doom
07-23-2002, 11:18 PM
The DFA is the YELLOW stance's special move

actually it is the heavy, but unfortunately some people like to cause havoc and confusion by calling the medium stance finisher DFA

heavy stance unique move had been givin the nickname of DFA first

personally i say DFA for heavy stance unique, and medium finisher for medium stance unique
therefore we avoid some confusion

as for some tips

http://jkhq.ath.cx/tips.php)
i have to change it a bit for 1.04 (take out some things mainly because i can't think of anything that was ADDED to 1.04)

pretty much everything on that site can help you out somehow;)
you might want to check out the articles page also, it has some good articles on it
 zerowingzero
07-23-2002, 11:33 PM
Maybe we should call the yellow finisher "The Lopper" as i looks like it's gonna cut someone's head off

Hell the Red and Blue finshers have names! Go Lopper!
 zworqy
07-24-2002, 6:51 PM
Originally posted by zworqy

The RED stance's special move is a forward & downward hack, not really fitting the description "from above".

I'm still sticking with that! The red stance's special move is not done from above! The hack is not executed from more altitude than a normal slash, as opposed to the yellow dfa which is executed from atop of someones head. The red special move is rather done from the side/front/back than from above.
 leXX
07-24-2002, 7:52 PM
ok I'll do a poll to see the majority vote! ;)
 thehomicidalegg
07-25-2002, 10:27 PM
*bump*
Page: 1 of 1