Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone else had this problem

Page: 1 of 1
 acewombat
03-14-2002, 8:58 PM
Well the stromtrooper works for me too I mean I can apply any AI I choose Like I have done stormtrooper with Tavion-and with Reborn-and a trainer stormtrooper-the problem I have is that I can't seem to change the from a stormtrooper-Like I extracted all the trainer's files and then renamed the folder to like reborntrainer and rebornjeditrainer neither changed it. It's the stormie everytime. I would attempt to write an NPC mod but this is only my second semester studying C++. Several people have already announced one coming out soon. I think I might just wait for that.
I have looked at other modder's pk3.s and npcs.cfgs from files to see how they acomplished it, but I don't see anything different than what I have already been doing.
 acewombat
07-23-2002, 8:48 AM
I keep getting a stormtrooper everytime when I try to do a different example than the one in emon's tut. I fanyone can help please!!!!!!!!!

Emon:

I reinstalled jedi outcast game my GTK radiant and the new 1.04 patch.

Then I extracted that new sp entities def file to the base scripts folder. Then I followed your tutorial 3 times to the letter, The only thing I did differently was use winzip instead of pakscape and I extraced the sp def file before actually getting started-Your example is working but I get the stormtrooper everytime -so I 'm convinced I'm still not extracting the models players folders right (i'm told stormtrooper is the default) but I opened assets.0pk3 with winzip sorted all the files by path I took eveything for the rodian that had the path models/players/rodian. _everythiing that was in this path i took, I believe there are several files . torso. legs, etc I extracted all of them into my models base folder- as the tut says. Then I renamed rodian to Rebornrodian. Inside my gamedata folder is a folder called New NPCs. inside it is the ex_data whicj contains the npcs.cfg and a newnpcs.npc file (and I did remove the .txt.) The newnpcs.npc looks like this:

RebornRodian
{
playerModel RebornRodian
reactions 3
aim 1
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 1
intelligence 5
health 25
rank ensign
playerTeam enemy
enemyTeam player
// race klingon
class reborn
snd reborn1
sndcombat reborn1
sndextra reborn1
yawspeed 90
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
visrange 8192
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 10
dismemberProbLegs 1
dismemberProbHands 20
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

But he is still coming out as a stormtrooper. Also the only way the stormtrooper example has worked for me was to put it into a .pk3 and put that in a base, the tut way of putting the New NPCs folder in the gamedata fodler will not work at all for me. I'm am still using windows 98 if that matters. I have done everything and it still does not work right for me. I have repeated these steps and the only thing I can figure is that I didnot extract the right models players folders but I lined them up by path in winzip and extracted all for the rodian.
 Emon
07-23-2002, 3:18 PM
*Sigh*

I can't help you anymore. You just aren't smart enough to follow an extremely simple process from an extremely simple tutorial. Sorry, but there's nothing I can do.
 acewombat
07-24-2002, 2:47 AM
Why are you being like this emon -and before you insult my intelligence again anytime you wanna go head to head on an IQ test let me know and we can deduce who the who is not smart enough to follow instructions -did you even bother to read what I typed -you tell me what I didn't do by reading my thread-I followed your tutorial to the word-If you had bothered to read that you would see I have done everything that you said to do. I 'm beginning to think your little tutorial is flawed and it doesn't work in every situation. thanks for nothing, people like you make the community look bad-grow up.
 idontlikegeorge
07-24-2002, 4:48 AM
well, i think the method is a bit inefficient and strange, but if he can get whatever specific thing you are trying to do to work, then well, it works

since your trouble seems to be with the model that is displayed, try re-checking the models

and hey, are you making all this in a mod folder?
 acewombat
07-24-2002, 6:24 AM
Well I thought, see it says to extract the stromtrooper or whatever model you use. directory something like models/players/stormtroopers. I 'm not sure what emon was talking about but the only thing I can find is a bunch of models players/ files. I found all the ones that had stormtrooper in them. I extracted tham all to gamedata/base/ models When he says the stormtrooper directory or whatever you're looking for I don't understand am I looking for one particular file, or folder or more than one-I have had some people speak of a glm file, a model.default.skin but he speaks as if I am looking for one folder. As far a creating a mod folder I don't really know I created a New NPC's directory in my gamedata base -I think that's where the mods go? But I had no luck with that the only thing I can get to work is the rebornstormtrooper example and I had to put that in a pk3. for the base that's the only way anything would work-for me anyway.
 Merritt
07-24-2002, 11:08 AM
i have the same problem - only the stormtrooper works - Emon help us!!!!!:D:mad:
Page: 1 of 1