Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

whats with saber hilts

Page: 1 of 1
 Psynex
03-15-2002, 4:02 AM
I mean, if you look in the assets, Luke has his own saber hilt, Mace has his own, etc... They're in their own folder properly named. I think the only change you need to make is in the one character config file. You can probably set what saber hilt they use in there.
 sexcellent
07-23-2002, 2:19 AM
i mean i've seen some really cool ones... but whats the point because no matter what you do all sabers in your game are gonna have that hilt. is there a way to assign hilts to only certain characters???? like by editing part of the pk3????
 funny_dude0
07-24-2002, 3:32 AM
As far as i know there isn't any mod like that but I hope there will be one soon.
 K.O
07-24-2002, 3:45 AM
Dest, maker of JediMod, said he's gonna try and make it so everyone can have their own hilts I heard correctly. Don't flame me or him if I'm wrong. >_<
 funny_dude0
07-24-2002, 2:32 PM
if the maker of jedimod does that it wouldbe kewl. It can't be too hard since in SP it allows you to have different saber hilts at one time so he probably just needs to extract some file into MP.
 delquar
07-24-2002, 2:55 PM
NickR i belive has finished one, not realed, and i heard from his post it would be in jedimod i belive too. i have been waiting for this mod :) *goes to grab his saber hilt*
 Mix_Master2k
07-24-2002, 3:12 PM
hmmmm....would that really work? In his pack then he would have to include the available saber hilts because if someone made their own model, auto download would have to be on for that to work. Just a thought...
-Mix Master
 Dest
07-24-2002, 11:29 PM
I don't know if NickR did it differently but the way I am doing it the hilt files have to be changed so that the directory is not models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.glm
instead it will need to be
models/weapons2/sabername/saber_w.glm
so a hilt for vader might be
models/weapons2/vaderhilt/saber_w.glm

NickR is probably doing it the same way as me so hilt model makers may have to change the way they do the pk3's
We will probably need a little picture like models have too.
Not sure yet though. I haven't finished my hilt code and I havent talked to nickr about his yet
 Mix_Master2k
07-24-2002, 11:30 PM
so would we have to download the hilts on our own or would there be a package in your mod?
-Mix Master
Page: 1 of 1