Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tech Upgrades.

Page: 1 of 1
 hallben
07-29-2001, 12:34 PM
I am persoanly really looking forward to all the tech up grades that are going to be available, it should be really interesting to see what they come up with. Also, i was wondering how they will deal with the upgradeing of buildings when and 'age' is reached. How will they determin what will upgrade and will it stay in the look of the game?
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 2:32 PM
The tech levels for units aren't all new, they just include things that aren't as powerful and might not be in the category you'd expect. One example:

1. swoop
2. hover tank
3. assault tank
4. Juggernaught

As for teh buildings, it will probably be something like this:

For defenses
1. watch tower
2. Anti-personal tower
3. Anti-air tower
4. Anti-amour tower

I just made that up, but that's the impression i got. To check out a nice review, go on over to www.gamespot.com).
 Paragon_Leon
07-30-2001, 3:10 PM
Well, blaster-power for infantry units might be some kind of Tibanna upgrade.

The Jedi have the most upgrades... just think all the Force Powers from Jedi Knight and you come a long way..

Then there's Droid Efficiency (would be cool), and the way those energy towers work with your buildings (they make them work faster). They actually exist in the game.

Don't be surprised to find several AOK upgrades with a modern image, like Loom, Squires, etc.

Oh yeah, the air-units (except the TIE's) could have shield-upgrades too.

ah, the list goes on and on...

Paragon_Leon
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 3:35 PM
You'd think that they'd have shield\armour, firepower, speed, sight, and maybe some others, but i don't know, i haven't played the game. Jedi, on the other hand......
 Paragon_Leon
07-30-2001, 6:26 PM
i reckon it'll be upgrades on pretty much all those things we mentioned. and of course there's upgrading a unit to a stronger version of that unit, like:

Stormtrooper
Elite Stormtrooper
Dark Trooper
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 10:13 PM
I think that that will be done using the tech level, not an upgrade system.
 Darth_Rommel
07-30-2001, 10:14 PM
I don't know 'bout that. For once, Tie guy I don't agree
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 11:29 PM
Sorry, but it wasn't my opinion. That is how they are going to do it. The First level may be a stormy. The second level a snti-air trooper. The third may be anti-mech trooper. The fourth tech level will be something else.

The dark tropper is actually teh Empire's special unit.
 Lord JayVizIon
07-30-2001, 11:44 PM
yes the dark trooper is the special unit.

all i know is that from what i've heard, sea units won't be able to get air defenses until TL3.
 Paragon_Leon
07-31-2001, 3:32 AM
oh wel..

guess i'll just have to wait until a beta-review comes it in a few weeks.
:(
 Tie Guy
07-31-2001, 11:11 AM
There's a beta tester on this very Forum, why don't you ask him?
Page: 1 of 1