Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Covenant Elite

Page: 3 of 3
 PIo Koon
07-22-2002, 11:13 PM
might as well start asking

is there anyone here willing to MAP this Covenant Elite?

i would ask toonces but ive troubled him enough and he doesn't deserve more ####s =OD

so we need someone who can map good...and with the stolen yoda model...im not sending it to some new mapper or someone thats posts below 25 times...i don't want this stolen

so if u can map player models and are RESPECTABLE of the forums we'd really appreciate it
 Sebulba-Dug
07-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Since I'm stupid when it comes to creating anything like this I have to pass, sorry I wasn't much help.
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 12:53 AM
I can start working on that, but I'm warning you, the poly count may be way up, but I'm sure with a little help from some people that I can pull it off. This is my way of saying thanks for making the Elite model.
 PIo Koon
07-23-2002, 1:12 AM
u mean u can map it?

r u sure u can do it? i think it is a lil advanced of a model
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 1:28 AM
No no no, I can't map, I was telling Agent that I would make a Guilty Spark model for him and you for making this amazing model.
 PIo Koon
07-23-2002, 1:33 AM
oo...maybe i shoulda read ur topic lol
 Darth Xhan
07-23-2002, 2:59 AM
Well, for not being able to move like he should.. he's loking good.. a couple of issues.. His neck is a little too straight upward...(I realize most of that is due the human frame/pose he's "stuck" in. (The picture in the game's manual is about as upright as an actual Elite can get) and the top of his head should still be a little higher.. Are his arms long enough to prevent clipping in Red Stance? As for the Hunter.. I'm not sure you could get him at full heigth.. maybe a "hybrid" mini Hunter?.. The Human Flood can be done pretty easy as a skin, or just a remodeling of a standard humanoid model with "bits" and lumps.. As for an Elite Flood... that's a pretty serious undertaking, with the floppy "head" and all.. I would LOVE to see a Grunt model.. ROFL.. Just hearing "NO MORE" on a decapitation would make it worth it.. How are you guys going to implement dual bipartite symmetrical cheek/jawbones? If you're going to get super ambitious.. you could just release a "Halo Pack" (But then you'ld have to have seven models to match the sacred number ;) ) A Cortana skin with Jan would be stupid easy to do... If you guys find a skinner.. Why don't you ask IN the skinning section, and pick from the best person who wants to?
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Hey um... where can I post some pics for Guilty Spark? I have some 3d but it's still mostly 2d.
 PIo Koon
07-23-2002, 7:20 PM
people still don't get things do they? =OP

#1just because a model has something a normal human doesn't, doesn't mean it WONT work..the floppy head will work..will it bob and move?...no..itll just be a part of the head..very simple to do

#2........read=OP...we ARE making a Halo Pack.........HMP=Halo Model Pack =OP

#3.......if u watched the video of the old version of Halo, where the marines infiltrate a covenant outpost and all of them die except one...ull see he gets chased down and the Elite stands over him and talks to him before Master Chief shoves the beam sword through his heart

if u look...he talks like a normal human...yes he has 4 mandables but to talk in english he moves both lower jaws at the same time...so that wouldn't be a problem

#4 the hunter...as i said in #1...it will work

#5i wasn't insulting u..just telling u =O)
 agentj64
07-23-2002, 7:20 PM
try google.com's image search

Personally, against PIo's wishes, I'd probally send the models for ppl to skin...
I'm a polycounter, we're used to giving out SDKs for people to rip apart:d
Only thing i'll release it as a 3ds so you can all have fun with it skinning (any ambitous fool could easily strip a root.xsi and map each vertice which I plan to do to the best detail i can get, and release it, but that'd be a waste imho..)

Anyway I'm going idle for a day or two to finish some school work and I'll be back into modelling:d

Cya on the other side

As for a HALO model pack, I've thought about it, wth why not?

Hunter and all that? easily makeable.

The challenge to me is not making the model just finding damn refrence pics:p

I was REALLY thinking of making my own blah model but im sticking with halo, I'm going to find someone in there to do
most likely a grunt;)
Bring it on yoda !!!... "no more!!"

I was also REALLY going to MODEL the guns as well, but I haven't messed with the gun system yet, it looks just like quake3's format, tag barrel and flash, but i have no idea how any of it works, I'll figure it out.. i hope?..err..ok bye bye

if anyone can help me with how JK2 handles guns it'd be most appreciated :D
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 7:36 PM
If it is finsihed could we add my Guilty Spark model to the Halo Pack? I'm working on it, the angle seem weird but when I'm done I could send it to someone for finshing touches.
 PIo Koon
07-23-2002, 7:41 PM
sure...i don't know how it will be used at allb ut sure
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 7:43 PM
That would be odd, he has no arms to hold the saber, he floats, he's small, these could be major problems...:eek:
 agentj64
07-23-2002, 9:11 PM
Actually that would be amazing, do it!
all the body would be weighted to say, pelvis, heh, and the lightsaber etc would..just appear...

:)

theres no "bolt_weapon" (but there are bolt_l_hand etc..hrmm) so that the thing could appear there..

really send it my way if you can at least:)
alpha11@tampabay.rr.com

another neat thing would have guilty spark and a small stick man figure body under it:p
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 9:49 PM
There you go, I sent it so you can finish it, it's only the general shape. I'm a n00b modeler though so it sucks.
 MensAlvearii
07-23-2002, 9:53 PM
I must say, this is one of the more ambitious models on display in this forum. I'm impressed that people are willing to try to work around the limitations of things like bone structure animation. I can't wait until this is done, I've always wanted to play as one of the Covenant in any game.
 PIo Koon
07-23-2002, 9:54 PM
send me it to!!! =OD

SpartnII@hotmail.com

PS: those are i's NOT l's
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 9:57 PM
I sent it. Have fun, knock yourself out with it.
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 10:09 PM
How's the Elite coming?
 PIo Koon
07-23-2002, 10:15 PM
good good...

i fixed the legs and made the mouth piece

its looking good but i think Agent could do better mouth pieces...so ill send him the one i made and see what he can come up with
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 10:16 PM
Excellent.... soon, my precious, soon....
 Sebulba-Dug
07-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Did you get the Guilty Spark?
 Sebulba-Dug
07-24-2002, 12:25 AM
Agent? Plo? Did this thread die?
 PIo Koon
07-24-2002, 12:58 AM
yea sorry ive been busy

yea i got the model..but i was expecting a model lol..but it looks nice..keep working at it
 Sebulba-Dug
07-24-2002, 1:09 AM
Now I'm sad.... :(
 Sebulba-Dug
07-24-2002, 1:10 AM
Could I request a model from you for when you finish the Elite?
 PIo Koon
07-24-2002, 1:31 AM
y r u sad???

and yes go ahead..dunno if i can do it but u can ask =O)
 PIo Koon
07-24-2002, 2:29 PM
heres some updated pics

Agent didn't feel like modeling yesterday so i started to try and finish up the model...and im kind of pleased with how it turned out

i think i did an ok job, so let me know what u think =O)

http://renegade.grouphosting.net/images/Spartan/EliteClosed.jpg)
http://renegade.grouphosting.net/images/Spartan/EliteOpen.jpg)

although u can't really see it, the pink area in the open pic is the inside of his mouth

also im pleased with the lower jaws but not the top 2..they look to squareish..but im not sure if i can do much about that
 agentj64
07-24-2002, 4:39 PM
God damn nice job heh, i'll touch it up and make them seperate objects, send me both, get on IRC and get me something to eat:d

I've finished my work for today, I need to re-read Dune for my 800th time now:d

nah
 PIo Koon
07-24-2002, 5:04 PM
they are seperate objects...ever since u told me i should yesterday i took the time to make them seperate for ur sorry ass =OP ;)

*hits u* get in the kitchen and make ME a sandwhich biatch!

rofl ;)
 Darth Xhan
07-24-2002, 7:26 PM
I would ask Arco, or sithlord II (through Arco) or MisterPunch.. but only after the model is completely finished AND tested...Arco has an awesome touch with transparencies that would serve the Elite Well.. I would go for Word and Will(black) and gold for Default, and of course Red/Blue for TFFA/CTF...
 PIo Koon
07-24-2002, 7:31 PM
we were planning on having different variations of the model

4 tip

Gold, Red, Blue

4 tip 2

Black/Ops, Cloaker Blue, and Green(new kind)

Round head

Gold, Red, Blue

Round Head2

Black/Ops, Cloaker Blue, and Green(new kind)

or something like that

also i was planning on asking Bradfu if he wanted to skin the Elite but i think he said he doens't know how to use shaders...so ill check the ones u mentioned

also...ive just begun development of a NEW kind of Covenant Elite...that no one will expect ;)

if u want a hint...Zero: Stolen Property, the now dead Halo MOD(that i headed up) of C&C Renegade..thats all i will say
 Darth Xhan
07-24-2002, 7:40 PM
Never saw that, so I wouldn't know in the least... =/

I formally volunteer for testing. I'm sure Sebulba Dug wouldn't mind either..lol Green? What's the significance? Or do you guys just like that color? ;)

If I could have any color, I would take Brown Armor with Yellow Skin. :D

Have you guys talked to menemeth about the Plasma Sword?
 PIo Koon
07-24-2002, 7:54 PM
Beam Sword =OP...and he said he was making one but he hasn't talked to me about it at all..so i dunno

and green because we need another color..and green would look cool =O)
 agentj64
07-24-2002, 9:24 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself=p
 Darth Xhan
07-24-2002, 9:38 PM
You might ask misterpunch.. but I would be EXTREMELY tactful, seeing as how he's working on two other models right now.. but his Plo Kloon is INSANELY well done.. I would think he would be the guy for the job.. if he's not busy.
 Sebulba-Dug
07-25-2002, 1:34 PM
Um, thanks Plo for even just listening for my request. The person I want is Tina from DOA3 here's a link to my site that has some pics of her:
http://www.geocities.com/thatsashot/DOA3G.html)
(she's the blonde one) ;)
 Sebulba-Dug
07-25-2002, 2:17 PM
or it might be easier to do Ayane (purple hair)
 PIo Koon
07-25-2002, 2:25 PM
*does the austin powers things when allota "fa"china changed* lol

nah there just models im not desperate..don't worry lol

i dunno if i could make those though..ask a talented modeler...id fux0r them up lol
 agentj64
07-25-2002, 2:31 PM
I was thinking about doing a chick
find some ideas if you can fer me:\

link dont owrk btw
 Sebulba-Dug
07-25-2002, 3:12 PM
Did, you see the pics? Well, if you want to try I can help in any way possible, I don't want a really nice model I just want one that looks some-what like it and works.
 PIo Koon
07-28-2002, 8:52 PM
hey everyone

ok were going back to this thread since it has more views lol

anyway if u haven't seen them..heres pics

http://www16.brinkster.com/bnkinc/EliteFinal.jpg)
http://www16.brinkster.com/bnkinc/MasterCFinal.jpg)
http://www16.brinkster.com/bnkinc/MasterCFinal2.jpg)
 Kururin
07-28-2002, 10:08 PM
This model looks great even though I've never played Halo.
 Sebulba-Dug
07-28-2002, 10:39 PM
Wow, I would be ashamed to even consider adding my Guilty Spark "model" to that now. Great job.
 PIo Koon
07-28-2002, 10:45 PM
lol sebulba..don't worry man..i mean what u sent us wasnt really a model...we will still make one ;)..maybe a sentinle to
 Sebulba-Dug
07-28-2002, 11:55 PM
What I sent you have 5 mintues of half hearted work, I will finish this damn thing if it's the last thing I do! AHAHAHAHA DAMN YOU GMAX!!! WHY ARE YOU SO CHEAP!!! Sorry....
Page: 3 of 3