Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam & Max in XP

Page: 1 of 1
 SonGokou
07-17-2002, 7:40 AM
I've recently started playing all my old LucasArts games like the DOTT and Monkey series but I can't get Sam & Max to work. I've been using VDMS for most games succesfully and DO NOT want to use that piece of rubbish that is ScummVM. Why? It tells me to patch the original then rename a couple of files, one of which does not exsits.

I'm desperate now, please help me relive this wicked game!

I forgot to mention that it's the Talkie CD version. Mostly cause I'm stupid.
 ElusiveSpoon
07-17-2002, 8:31 AM
I've gotten it to work fine in scummvm, except for the background music is really odd (though that's a known issue which will hopefully be fixed in futue releases). Didn't have to patch or rename anything. Though I'm using the linux version.

*edited cause I'm not paying as much attention as I think I am*
 superdude201
08-26-2002, 6:11 AM
My sam and max doesn't even work on 98 :(
 SonGokou
08-26-2002, 9:48 PM
Thanks for telling me. You have 98. Use a bootdisk. It works in 98 fine.

Music fuc*ing up? Exactly. Why play the game if the music doesn't work, that's half the game!!!?!
ScummVM still doesn't work with S&M. It's starting to piss me off, I have to play LoomCD now...:eek:
 SonGokou
08-27-2002, 8:43 PM
I've discovered that there is NO way to play S&M with working music in XP. Oh well, just have to wait for a decent version of ScummVM.:deathii:
Page: 1 of 1