Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA newbie needs some help

Page: 1 of 1
 Patgod
07-17-2002, 2:33 AM
Hello everyone,

I recently bought XWA, something i should have done years ago, but never got around to. I'm loving it as much as i loved Xwing, and Tiefighter, and was up till about 6am playing. That said i'm having a bit of a problem.

I'm running the game under windows XP, with a geforce 3 video card. Quite obviously i have 3d hardware, however XWA does not believe me. I have to play the game in software mode. This is pretty annoying because while not top notch by todays standards, i know XWA looks better then what i'm seeing. Does anyone know a way to use 3d hardware with my setup?

Secondly, and this is related. I remember reading somewhere, a while back, that a group of people were updating the graphics of the game. I dont know exactly what they were doing, it might only have been a project to add greater poly count models. However they had a website. If anyone knows what i'm talking about(despite my vagueness) could you please give me the link?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, back to XWA...it is my master now.
 Admiral
07-17-2002, 2:56 AM
www.xwaupgrade.com)

have you checked the hardware option, and have the latest patch?

and wrong forum.
 Patgod
07-17-2002, 4:09 AM
Thanks for the link, and the quick reply.

I had tried clicking the "Enable 3d hardware" option, but it had been greyed out. i played around with a few things and something seemed to fix it. Now i'm enjoying the game AND the visuals(3dhw is working).

thx
 Rebel Loyaltist
07-17-2002, 12:57 PM
*The ball is snapped to RL who sets up for R9 for the field goal. He's about to kick!*
 Rogue Nine
07-17-2002, 1:53 PM
*lines up, then blasts the thread over to the appropriate forum with a mighty swing of his foot*
 Everybody
07-18-2002, 3:36 AM
*cheers*
Page: 1 of 1