Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Padme model updated

Page: 1 of 1
 LOUman
03-15-2002, 12:57 AM
now that's what i call a good fake :D

very very nice.
 Anavel Gato
07-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Padme model updated? Already? Yes...already.
I ws a bit too eager yesterday to make the model available to a lot of peeps and should have let a couple test it first. I have gotten a bunch of remarks from people on the sounds, tags bugs and anatomical flaws.

So today I did some fixing and added more sounds.

In case you have downloaded this model yesterday or earlier today .... you might wanna download it again. This zip file is 929kb and the PK3 is 943kb.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tetsuo/jk2/Padme-Amidala-Geonisis_v1.zip)

This link will be active for the next couple of days.

Right now this is it for this 1st version of Padme. The next update will follow in a couple of months.
 shmacdonald's
07-16-2002, 11:24 PM
i've been looking forward to this one for a long time, didnt even know it came out a while back :P thanks a lot Anavel!
 Anavel Gato
07-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Came out only yesterday :)
 rrbb
07-17-2002, 1:02 AM
Fantastic work! Thank you! :)
 Uber Sith
07-17-2002, 1:17 AM
Dling again............i got impatient earlier and downloaded without thinking abot updates :D

cheers
 MUHAHAHAHAHA
07-17-2002, 1:32 AM
Sorry about the bit sampling on the mp3s... I didn't realize JKII required 44KHz until I pk3'd the sounds and tested it. The tags are still messed up for drain and lightning (compared it to Kyle's, Jan's and Vader's to make sure). The lightning looks like it comes out of a point about a foot in front of her left hand, and drain comes from behind her to her right. I'm not sure how to fix those, but I'm sure one of the experienced gurus on here can help ya out.
 Anavel Gato
07-17-2002, 1:47 AM
I'll fisx those tags sometime.
It's strange though because I used the tags that came with Kyle's root.xsi model from the JK2editing tools.
I just alligned my model to the skeleton, moved some tags like the head ones and that's it.
 MUHAHAHAHAHA
07-17-2002, 1:51 AM
hmmm I dunno what's wrong then :confused: Maybe SithlordII, Cheshire, Kinja, etc might know how to fix it. I'm working on my first model right now (not enough done to be a WIP thread) and this might be something that will affect mine too..
 ALIEN_JL
07-17-2002, 1:53 AM
I don't know what "tags" are you guys talking about
but i assume you guys are aware of the situation that
Padmes left hand have polygons unpside down...

(i mean you can't see outside of the hand but instead
you see that it is hollow and you see inside of it...)

You should flip those verticles in her left hand... i think
 Darth-Nasty
07-17-2002, 2:31 AM
is that left hand problem the one that causes problems when padme uses two sabers?

the second saber floats to her right

BTW fantastic model!!!
 bliv
07-17-2002, 2:54 AM
Yep it's the same problem.

Anything involving the left hand in game has strange results. This includes: 2nd Lightsaber, lightning, grip and drain.

Although it's not my model I intend to do a little research to see if I can solve this problem.
 Anavel Gato
07-17-2002, 3:50 AM
Originally posted by bliv
...Although it's not my model I intend to do a little research to see if I can solve this problem.

That would be much appreciated :)
 Hanch Saode
07-17-2002, 4:06 AM
I must say it is nice that you have done so much to perfect your first version of this beautiful model :) Very nice job !!!
 Toonces
07-17-2002, 5:46 AM
I was having this problem at first Anavel. What bone do you have bolt_l_hand weighted to? It sounds like you have that tag weighted to the pelvis perhaps (it was for me) Make sure it's weighted to the lhand bone. That should fix both your problems :D

To fix the other problem simply attatch the hand to a part of the body that looks right in game. Flipping normals works, but can sometimes have some strange results. If you attatch it to a part that is correct in game, then unattatch it and re-weight that part, you'll have that problem fixed in game as well

I have to ask spacermonkey if he's let me add a section to his faq, I've run into just about every little annoying problem you can so far, most have very easy fixes

CT :lightning
www.drivingcatstudios.com)
 SilentMobius
07-17-2002, 6:39 AM
I'm with toonces on this one. Collapsing a badly behaved sub object with a well behaved sub object fixes the mirrored faces thing, generally what I do is copy the opposite sub object, ctrl select the badly behaved sub object (IE adding it to the selection stack second) collapse, then go into point edit mode and delete the verts of the well behaved mesh. You may then need to relink and move the pivot.
 Anavel Gato
07-17-2002, 12:11 PM
Can anybody who made a JK2 model successfully send me a screens hot of the Max viewports that shows how the "left hand tag" is hown in the front left side, top and perspective? If possible with that tag selected so I see it's axis and the hand model visible but in wireframe.

That way I can check if the tag in my model is placed correct.
It is weighted to the lhand bone.
 quigon1
07-17-2002, 7:25 PM
Thank you so much for this model Anavel, my dream comes true ;) !!!

Qui-Gon Jinn, a jedi protector of Padme Amidala...
 ALIEN_JL
07-17-2002, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by quigon1
....Qui-Gon Jinn, a jedi protector of Padme Amidala...

MUST be VERY bad protector... because i have
seen Padme dying soooo many times...
 MaulerZ
07-18-2002, 9:52 AM
Anavel Gato u r god!!!!! Padme rules!!!!!:D
 Cyris
07-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Hey doods. Nice work. And by the way Natalie Portman is so ****ing hot. Just seeing her ankle would make me wanna jizz. To sum up my point, i wanna boink her :D :D :D
 L0rdD00little
07-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Great Model!

Just for fun I switched the Padme Model with Jan..the funny thing is that in the cutscenes Kyle is always looking at her breats as if the game things that her eyes are located on her cheast, also when he kisses her he actually wiggles his face in her breasts...i know its not a height thing because you actually see him look down instead of where he usually looks. Also she seems to walk around with her cheast sticking out.

The other crazy thing is that when Padme (replaced with Jan)walks around with a gun (in SP) the gun is located in her crotch. Other models i've messed with have had this problem as well such as the Jango and Boba Fett models. However if you switch Jan with Chewie, there is no proplem, but I also changed his scale so he is bigger, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

....anybody know how to fix this?
 LOUman
07-18-2002, 8:52 PM
I really do love the model, and i love Natalie Portman. But here are two things i don't like:

1. Her face
2. The scratches on her back... :D

The scratches are the most important (and most sexy) thing! Call me crazy, but i love Padmй's scratches!

I've got a pic where you see them great.
There you go: looky looky! (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2002/07/img/ep2-1a-20252.jpg)
 L0rdD00little
07-19-2002, 4:42 AM
http://jakob.lonex.org/padmetojan.jpg)

this is a collage illustrating my previous post.

Its at least good for a laugh
 LOUman
07-19-2002, 5:07 AM
:rofl:

I really don't want to know what wants to do on the first shot :lol:

But what i want to know is what Padmй is doing with the blaster between her legs... :rolleyes:
 Hanch Saode
07-19-2002, 6:24 AM
LOL! You guys are too much :D:D

I feel my hard drop when I see those scratches....that's gotta hurt :( But anyway....she is a nice actress.....really.....

Define: nice :)
 LOUman
07-19-2002, 6:39 AM
Originally posted by Hanch Saode
LOL! You guys are too much :D:D

why too much? :D

think on Padmй's sexy scream when the Nexu attacks her...

oh my god... :lol:
 Lord Ignasius
07-19-2002, 6:47 AM
Yes that was a very sexy scream!!!!
Hehe Enough to Choke the Chicken With
or Fire The Organic Cannon, if ya know what I mean
 LOUman
07-19-2002, 6:54 AM
I have her scream everywhere...
Windows startup sound, ringtone on my mobile phone, my doorbell, toilet flush... EVERYWHERE!

:rofl:

ok. really. i'd love to see the Acklay, Reek and the Nexu models in JKII
 Lord Ignasius
07-19-2002, 7:23 AM
I am workin on an acklay
 LOUman
07-19-2002, 7:26 AM
i saw that.
but what will it gonna be?
the minemonster 50 times bigger?

i'm sure doing this won't be easy.
 Lord Ignasius
07-19-2002, 9:08 AM
Yes main prob will be the back legs. But I think it is possible
 LOUman
07-19-2002, 5:47 PM
hey, anything is possible ;)

let the force flow through you and you will do this thing :D
 Kezz152
07-19-2002, 9:46 PM
anavel, check your pm
 Anavel Gato
07-19-2002, 11:36 PM
Sorry...I am used to geting an email when I have a message.
I guess this doesn't work in this forum sicne I had a whole bunch of messages.

I answered :)
 LOUman
07-20-2002, 12:09 AM
hey.. i got an idea for a new model...
Purple and Green Tentacle :lol:
 Lord Ignasius
07-20-2002, 12:48 AM
Or You Could Do A NUDE!!!!!! PADME!!!!!!!!
 LOUman
07-20-2002, 1:30 AM
now that's an idea!
(Bender*_laugh)

______
*Bender is a nice droid from Futurama
 beep00beep
07-24-2002, 9:16 PM
i thought some of u mite enjoy this picture...

http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/NatSlave.jpg)

from natalieportman.com
Page: 1 of 1