Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Download Sam and Max animated episodes? :)?

Page: 1 of 1
 FattyVictrola
07-13-2002, 8:39 AM
Hello! :)
Is there anyplace/anyone who's got them online?
Seeing as the tapes are missing eight episodes, and I am unbelievably lazy and poor, just thought I'd ask-and-see.

:atat: :fett: :bdroid1:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 sheaday6
07-13-2002, 8:42 AM
HAHAHAHA, YEAH RIGHT!

They're not nearly popular enough for people to put them on the internet
 Skinkie
07-13-2002, 12:23 PM
I have them all on tape and I'd consider putting them online if

A.) I knew how
B.) I had the energy to get off jmy rear
C.) No copyright violations would come crashing down on me for doing it

Since none of these is likely to happen, don't get you hopes up.
 mxbx
07-13-2002, 6:16 PM
Skink: So basically what you're saying is: "Nanny Nanny / Boo Boo" [possibly appended w/ "Stick your Head in / Doo Doo"]
 Skinkie
07-14-2002, 1:12 AM
Ah, someone understands my language
 sheaday6
07-14-2002, 1:28 AM
I doubt fox or anybody else will care if you put it up, after all it was cancelled
 Gexx
07-14-2002, 1:54 AM
i remember watching those shows. i wish i could find some episodes.
 FattyVictrola
07-15-2002, 1:08 PM
Making copies of Sam-and-Max for us-all to enjoy requires:
video-card or some-kind-of addon card in your computer which has video input (like, any-card or addon that you can watch TV with).
That's pretty much it.
 Reeses
07-29-2002, 6:13 PM
If anybody is serious about this idea, check out www.dapcentral.org) I think Sam and Max would fit in with the other shows there.

I'd love to help out with this, but I'd need somone to trade (or donate) some tapes to get the hard to find episodes. If there are any interested and generous souls out there, let me know (here or at dapcentral).
 JackTheGaffer
07-30-2002, 5:10 AM
There are no copy right violation as I understand about downloading tv shows.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-30-2002, 9:04 AM
I think it's completely idiotic that someone would raise hell over copyright violation. It's not like every episode or even the tapes are readily available. Kind of like abandonware.

But then, this is only what I think. And what someone thinks, no matter how logical it sounds, doesn't outweigh the promise of fresh cash.
 YTtheMighty
07-30-2002, 3:14 PM
or rotten cash for that matter...
 mercatfat
08-01-2002, 7:05 PM
If someone wants to raise a couple hundred dollars so I can buy a capture card, I'll put everything but the Christmas episode online.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-01-2002, 7:12 PM
That's going to take a very dedicated fans. I think the cartoon is alright and everything, but it's not completely brilliant like the television version of The Maxx.

I was always much more into the comics and the game, although I'm not sure why. But who is?
 Schmatz
08-02-2002, 12:44 PM
The shows on the television are free... hell, majority of people who own a TV, even if they only use an antenna, get Fox... no cable or satellite or anything to pay for but to buy the TV, so putting the shows online is only another way to watch the show... all we pay for is ISP, so we should be allowed to watch basic television on the computer. So getting Sam and Max episodes up wouldn't be a problem in my opinion, considering it was also cancelled. Also, IF they cared, every copy for sale on eBay (taken right from the television and copied) would be illegal since they are making money off of it. Just downloading them doesn't cost anything, so its safer than selling them ;)

Sometimes it's hard to understand what I'm saying... if you do, good for you, if you don't... just move on to the next post.
 The Dogfuchow
08-17-2002, 3:33 AM
man, ****, the Maxx cartoon was an amazing adaption from the comic.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-17-2002, 5:17 AM
As was a couple of Sam and Max episodes.
Page: 1 of 1