Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

yoda vs vader

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI_MASTA
09-06-2001, 3:57 PM
who do u think would win ???
 Boba Rhett
09-06-2001, 4:11 PM
Well, If your talking about around the time of ESB, Yoda couldn't even compete in anyway offensively but he wouldn't have to because he would be much greater defensively than Vader. I'm going to go with Yoda.
 Kvan
09-06-2001, 4:16 PM
I'm leaning towards Yoda as well. After AotC I think you'll agree too (or at least I think you might). :/
 Compa_Mighty
09-06-2001, 4:37 PM
I prefer Vader, but Yoda would win
 xwing guy
09-06-2001, 6:49 PM
I'm going for yoda, but he would only win if he wanted to fight.
 Tie Guy
09-06-2001, 7:22 PM
Vader could litterally step all over Yoda! During the Time of ANH, yoda would lose, but during the time of TPM or before (if Vader existed back then) then yoda would kill him. Remember what Luke said in the "The Black Fleet Crisis." He said that Yoda and Ben needed Luke because they couldn't fight and defeat Vader and the emperor anymore.
 Gamma732
09-06-2001, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Vader could litterally step all over Yoda! During the Time of ANH, yoda would lose, but during the time of TPM or before (if Vader existed back then) then yoda would kill him. Remember what Luke said in the "The Black Fleet Crisis." He said that Yoda and Ben needed Luke because they couldn't fight and defeat Vader and the emperor anymore.

I don't think weakness is why Yoda couldn't fight and defeat Vader and Palpatine. I think he meant that Luke was involved with the Rebellion, and had allies and help. Of course alone Yoda couldn't take on Vader and the Emperor, they had legions of guards and troops with them. So Luke, with the help of his friends could get to the Emperor and Vader and defeat them.

I think 1 on 1, Yoda would win.
 Admiral Odin
09-06-2001, 7:29 PM
Do not underestimate Yoda because he is small. Yoda is also 800 years old.....that is why vader would win.
 JEDI_MASTA
09-06-2001, 7:55 PM
ok so yoda is old in his prime vader would have no chance vader has more medicloriates but yoda is just so strong in the force i dont think vader could b that strong im going with yoda:D
 Admiral Odin
09-06-2001, 8:16 PM
Vader is supposedly the strongest person in the Force...
 Kvan
09-06-2001, 8:20 PM
Just because Vader is supposedly the strongest person to wield the Force doesn;t mean he has the ex to use it :)
 darthfergie
09-07-2001, 7:27 PM
:yoda::saberg:<<<<<<(good vs evil)>>>>>>>:saberr::vadar:

as the dust clears from the tremendous fight...
((((((((()))))))))) :yoda: (((((((((())))))))))
!!!VICTORY!!!
 oninosensi
09-07-2001, 7:33 PM
Add one more voice to the 'Yoda' list.
 Darth_Rommel
09-07-2001, 8:24 PM
I think :vadar: would win... but only if they battled in the ep. 4, 5, 6 period ;)
 DarthSithlord
09-09-2001, 10:42 PM
Ok If ya dealing with Younger Vader which will see in Ep 3 I personally think Vader would beat Yoda. But if were talking about Ep 4-6 period I think Yoda.

:saberr: Depends what time period it is. :saberr:
 Boba Rhett
09-09-2001, 10:47 PM
But Vader became more powerful as he aged and he was still quite a bit more damaged in Ep 3 than he is in Ep 4-6.
 Kvan
09-10-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
But Vader became more powerful as he aged and he was still quite a bit more damaged in Ep 3 than he is in Ep 4-6.
Really? It seems to me, in epi 4-6, Vader became more powerful mentally but not physically. Physically the Darkside ate away at him, so he became weaker physically :)
 Boba Rhett
09-10-2001, 1:39 PM
Well, he looked like that even in Episode 3 because of the damage he sustained and it's slowly been healing. That's why I figure he's also more powerful physically in the later EPs but It could be either way.
 Admiral Odin
09-10-2001, 6:31 PM
Best example of Vader being strong, look at episode 6

Vader one handed pick ups and throws the emperor. Now at the time he was being electrictued by the emperor and in pain, so I doubt he had a lot of concentration to use the force.
 Kuma
09-11-2001, 1:39 AM
In a book that takes place between "The Empire Strikes back" and "The return of the jedi" (Year 4-Don't remember the title, but it's the one we're prince Xizor tries to kill Luke and plans revenge on Vader), i remember reading Darth Vador commenting a few times,about how much The Emperor had better control over the dark side of the Force than he did.

He also refers to his weakness, a small spot of humanity still left when he thinks of Luke(his dream in this book is to convert his son to the darkside and topple the Emperor + he is proud when Luke eludes his bounty hunter captors) as the reason why the Emperor has better control of the force than him.

Now he does Kill Palpatine in ep. 6, not because he is stronger than him, it is to save his son, Luke. A kind of Anakin Reborn/Salvation moment.

(man i don't believe that i am discussing the psychology of a film character)
:rolleyes:

This is why Yoda is superior to Vader. Yoda is completly in communication with the good side of the force, Vador is NOT completly in communication with the dark side.

Hey i finally got to the point.
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 1:49 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Well, he looked like that even in Episode 3 because of the damage he sustained and it's slowly been healing. That's why I figure he's also more powerful physically in the later EPs but It could be either way.
Ok, from what I read (rpg books and other stuff) Vaders suit provides him with extra strength. So he is strong but not as strong as he would have been if the Darkside wasn't eating away at him. Is Vader physically strong?No not really, but is he physically strong with his suit? Yes. (of course vader IS his suit now)

BTW Rhett, why would you think Vader is still healing? Epi.3 and 4 are a great distance apart, I think Vader is about as healed as he is going to get in epi. 4-6 :)
Page: 1 of 1