Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fate of Atlantis

Page: 1 of 1
 wasabi_bread
07-10-2002, 8:05 AM
hi, I have just gone through a mate's floppy disk collection and stolen.. I mean "BORROWED" his Fate of Atlantis disks...

The problem is there s no sound whatsoever and I want to relieve my 11th birthday with this game!!!!

CAN SOME PLEASE DIRECT ME TO A SITE R GIVE ME TIPS ON HOW TO CONFIGURE THIS GAME?!??!

Thanks!

:confused:
 bgbennyboy
07-10-2002, 9:15 AM
The alarm bells are going off here that youve downloaded this from an abandonware site. Nevertheless you need to state what operating system you have befor help can be given.
 Zindell
07-10-2002, 1:48 PM
Maybe he didn't though, maybe he's just in need of Quick and Easy, If he did download it, then theres no sound whatsoever. End of story.
 bgbennyboy
07-11-2002, 1:26 AM
And this is exactly why ive been saying we should get some 'sticky notes' in the help forum that detail common problems.
 wasabi_bread
07-11-2002, 5:21 AM
Well, to be honest, the guy's version was a ahem.. "pirated" copy from Syria, but believe me there is sound!!!! My mate had played it long ago when 386s were the fastest things you could buy!

I was attempting to play it on MY computer after a disappointing attempt on his, and there was a nasty "feedback" like squeal instead of the nice FoA muzak!

And my PC has a Soundblaster sound card (a CM8338 PCI Record [E400]) - whatever that means, is a scummy Celeron II running at a nicely overclocked 414Mhz and a Voodoo 3 graphics card - which I really doubt FoA would need....

Anyway, my secret shame is that I originally played it on my Commodore Amiga 1200... Ahh, those were that days(!)

Kitty
 bgbennyboy
07-11-2002, 6:32 AM
Thats all very nice, but you still havent said what operating system you have.

Im not really sure whether I should dole out help if your playing with a pirated copy. But i'll help you get it running and then once you realise how good it is you can go out and buy the cd-talkie version which is even better(its only cheap).

Oh and theres no shame on playing it on an amiga, so did I. The amiga is/was Gods own computer.
 wasabi_bread
07-11-2002, 7:06 AM
I am using Windows 98.

Kitty

:rolleyes:
 bgbennyboy
07-11-2002, 7:19 AM
See this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62022) thread for detailed help.

Try starting it with the following command line:
atlantis.exe a s220/7/64
Thats with adlib and soundblaster sound assuming the default soundcard settings.
Or you could (assuming your autoexec and stuff is set up correctly) run it with the following command line:
atlantis.exe a s
 wasabi_bread
07-12-2002, 6:42 AM
Well that didn't work...

Still squealing..?!?

I don't know, is the "talkie-CD ROM" version configured more accessibly?
 bgbennyboy
07-13-2002, 1:20 AM
No offence, but since you dont have a legal copy im not expending lots of time sorting this out with you. Sorry, perhaps someone else will.
 wasabi_bread
07-13-2002, 3:04 AM
None taken...

I was just wondering, but hey, I do still want to buy the talkie-=CD version.

SO perhaps that will solve my woes!

THANKS ANYWAY.

Kitty
Page: 1 of 1