Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Feeding back...

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
07-08-2002, 10:44 AM
Ok, I would like to say right now that I don't think it's a good idea to take the files offline after a week. You ought to come up with something better.

This feeling stems from the fact that I have not yet heard the first installment of Tierra de los Muertos, due to a soundcard problem. By the time I've got it fixed, you'll probably be well into the series. It will be bad for people who first visit your site when you are in the middle of a series, and they probably won't stick around if they can't hear the earlier parts. It'll also be difficult for people who have started from the beginning, and then miss an episode in the middle for whatever reason.

Anyway, I don't have any better ideas at the moment, but it's definitely something that should be reconsidered. :(
 Super
07-08-2002, 11:22 AM
Met: Just gave it a listen, its the most interesting GF thing I've heard besides the sidetrack since that, heh, you know, "Manny and Glottis" bit from back in the day at GFC... ¬¬

Anyways, I have to agree that the one week bit isn't the best thing to do. You may lose a lot of listeners who've missed something, or want to refer back to the prior episode before continuing onto the new one. I personally dont see why it would be removed after one week, but if webspace is a problem, I'm certain that some arrangement could be worked out with GFN
 Metallus
07-08-2002, 4:35 PM
Oh, jesus, I totally forgot about that Manny/Glottis mp3. Now I've really got to get my soundcard fixed.

PS: Welcome back SUEPSR!~@##
 MJ
07-08-2002, 10:06 PM
The main reason for taking them down after a week is so that there isn't more than one part up at a time, and I'm not using up too much bandwith. I'm a tad worried about that. The first part was around 1.5MB, while the second one will be a little bit longer than that.

That's the main reason though. Don't want to abuse the servers.

That and I assumed that anyone who wants to listen to thm more than once are in need of mental help or will keep it on their computer.

Oh. And once 'Tierra' has all been online, I'll be offering it on CD for people to buy through the website. So people'll still be able to listen to it.

But if you've got any other suggestions, feel free.
 mxbx
07-09-2002, 6:34 PM
Um.. I posted this elsewhere because I didn't see what this thread was all about (my deepest apologies), but have you considered posting the scripts from no-longer-downloadable episodes on the website? You more than likely have already shot this idea down as if you were playing the game "Duck Hunt." (By and by, you play that game incessantly and I wish you'd stop.)

Keep the good work up!
 Tall Guy
07-10-2002, 5:59 AM
i really wouldn't worry about the bandwidth thing, as you've got a GFN hosted site you've got plenty of space to keep all the episodes on the server at once.
 MJ
07-10-2002, 11:15 AM
I like mxbx's idea. Although the finished pieces are a little different from the scripts, due to editing. There was one hell of a deleted scene in the first part. I might put that up later.
 Metallus
07-10-2002, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
i really wouldn't worry about the bandwidth thing, as you've got a GFN hosted site you've got plenty of space to keep all the episodes on the server at once. Yeah, it's not really an issue. If I said something to the contrary awhile back, it's probably because I asumed that the files would be about 10 megs or more, instead of broken up episodes.
 Darth Eggplant
07-16-2002, 1:52 AM
:jawa
if you are able to have
the space it is a good idea
to have all episodes up,
because right now we are all
loving it; however in fairness
to newbie's joining in say
a month or a week from now
hearing people talk about it
and not getting it