Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam & max in JKII

Page: 1 of 1
 shidobu
07-02-2002, 10:04 AM
I know either sam or max was in the original JK, and I was wondering if anyone knows if they lurk anywhere in Jedi Outcast?
 sheaday6
07-02-2002, 10:09 AM
max was in JK, but no one has seen him or sam in JKII yet. And i don't think they are in it because Lucasarts no longer owns rights to sam & max
 Funnay Bunnay
07-17-2002, 2:18 AM
Max is in dark forces,and jedi knight as far as i know...
 JackTheGaffer
07-17-2002, 4:55 AM
Max was a room in DF and in JK he was a 3D modle with a gun.
 Funnay Bunnay
07-17-2002, 2:04 PM
IN JK he was in a room as a model. in DF he was the map of a secret area in the ice level.:deathii:
 Jake
07-18-2002, 1:06 AM
He's not in JKII. Apparently LucasArts legally can't put him in games (though some people try harder than others, sneaking him into EMI and some other more recent titles). It's sort of a shame. I emailed Steve Purcell a long while ago about it and he said he liked that they were still sneaking them in... Oh well.
 Schmatz
08-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Shouldn't it be Steve's choice? Legal systems these days...
 SyntheticGerbil
08-14-2002, 6:08 AM
Where have they snuck Sam and Max into recent games?

I don't recall either in EMI. And just because there is a white rabbit named "Smuggle Bunny" or something doesn't mean it's really Max. Like that stupid Limp Bizkit thing.
 Metallus
08-14-2002, 9:58 PM
Max is referred to once in EMI at the palace of prostheses, and he shows up in the background at least once, in the rafters of that pirate school place. There's a possible second time you see him in the game, face down on a table at the International House of Mojo, but it's hard to tell.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-15-2002, 6:08 AM
That's not him in the school, but I have not checked him out in the Mojo house.

I would say the filing system is not really a cameo... but whatever.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-15-2002, 6:13 AM
http://www.worldofmi.com/features/funny/in-jokes.php?game=MI4&screens=yes#Sam%20&%20Max)

I mean because I think all of these references in the link are utterly stupid, (ANY MANATEE YOU SEE MUST BE A REFERENCE TO SAM AND MAX) but they don't have the table listed there.

But it was nice to hear the Bigfoot Shuffle remixed... but then I'm sure Lucas Arts owns the right to that song.

They did use Max in Grim Fandango... did they still have a contract going then? I always figured it stopped at CMI.
 mercatfat
08-15-2002, 8:57 PM
The Max doll looks more like a pig to me.
 Metallus
08-16-2002, 1:09 AM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
That's not him in the school, but I have not checked him out in the Mojo house.Yes it is. I'm not talking about the big rabbit there. There is...another. It's dark in this pic: http://www.worldofmi.com/features/funny/mi4in/sam&max1-1.jpg) , but you can see to the immediate right of the "plunder bunny" is another rabbit's head, with the trademark ears and fishbowl head.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-17-2002, 5:12 AM
Oh wow was that hard to see! That's awesome!
Page: 1 of 1