Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Compulsary Console War Thread of Doom

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
07-01-2002, 7:03 AM
Well, after being vehemently anti-next-gen console for about a year or so (it's cool to be angry on IRC, doods), I got an Xbox from my very generous sisters, and I must say that I love it! I've got a couple games so far (Halo and Tony Hawk 3), and am looking forward to Psychonauts, the Double Fine Productions (Tim Schafer brainchild) upcoming release.

Anyway, that got me thinking about you embittered LEC fans (to whom I owe so much), so please tell me which console (if any) you are a fan of.
 xGrimx
07-01-2002, 11:00 AM
My vote is for the Xbox, it's simply the coolest console ever!
 Gexx
07-01-2002, 1:24 PM
if i HAD TO choose one to have it would have to be the Xbox also. but i love them all. its a shame they stopped making games for the Dreamcast i thought it was a good platform.
 MtBlanc
07-01-2002, 1:50 PM
While I love my XBox, I've had way too many fond memories with my Genesis. That's the best black box of them all.
 Tall Guy
07-01-2002, 6:14 PM
never been a big fan of consoles, i had a SEGA GameGear many moons ago and it just about kicked ass! apart from that...PC forever
 GendoTheGreat
07-01-2002, 6:59 PM
:mad: Can't think straight... so much sh*tty low-quality overpriced garbage... so many sh*tty low-quality overpriced games to play on them... must save world... must... destroy...!
 King Andrei
07-01-2002, 9:29 PM
PC! PC! Yeah!:D
 GendoTheGreat
07-01-2002, 10:26 PM
With the money you pay to get an xbox or a PS2, you could buy a GeForce4. You'd get textures and graphics three times better than any console. Also, PC has ten times the amount of available games than all consoles combined. And to top it all off, why would you pay all that money for a system, then pay almost as much purchasing "optional extras" such as game controllers, memory, and games, when it's soon to be shoved aside by something newer and better? The next thing you know, they've stopped making games for it, you're tired of the ones you have and you're stuck with an expensive paperweight. So it plays DVD's, big deal. So can a PC. A PC also has a huge selection of games, it can also be used for many things other than games (like posting on terrific forums like this one :D ) and it can be upgraded when neccessary (which is not as often as the manufacturers would have you believe) "Oh but Gendo" you may say "what about 'exclusives'? For instance xbox has Halo. Halo, Gendo!" To this my answer is a resounding PFEH! What's so damn great about these "exclusives"? Is there something in there you haven't seen in the thirteen billion other games you've ever played? And what about Grim Fandango? Does your precious console have Grim Fandango? I thought as much. Go back to your Momma's tit you whining little pus-bucket, before I smack you upside the head.
Yeah, so, what I'm trying to say is: Console bad, PC good.
 MtBlanc
07-02-2002, 3:29 PM
A proper gaming PC is too expensive initially. Some of us don't have parents who will buy everything for us.

And I really enjoy sitting on the couch, and inviting some friends over to play some video games together. It's hard to do that with PCs. Either everyone can take turns at one computer, or we could have a LAN party. Pfft, yeah right. The simplicity of consoles is their greatest attribute. And sure, I could play with them over the internet on my PC, but sometimes it's just best having some face-to-face fun with friends.
 GendoTheGreat
07-02-2002, 5:40 PM
Of course we don't all have parents to buy us things, but with a little spendthrift things like decent gaming PC's (which are getting much cheaper to buy) can be purchased. (Or in my case, handed over for free by a gullible supervisor to help you handle your "workload" :D ) Don't misunderstand me, my post was mostly intended to be humourous. I just don't happen to be a fan of consoles. And for the record, my parents haven't done a thing for me since I was 16 years old.
 xGrimx
07-03-2002, 12:48 AM
MtBlanc said it the best, console is good when the friends are over. Computer is not fun at all, all crowded around the keyboard getting your own section, what a nightmare.
 GendoTheGreat
07-03-2002, 7:01 AM
To did be honest, I didn't think about the multiplay aspects of a console, likely because none of my friends have the slightest interest in video games. They're all preoccupied with their "jobs" and their "families" and their "full lives". Whatever. Excuse me, I think I'll go cry myself to sleep now.
Page: 1 of 1