Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Work comes to a close

Page: 1 of 1
 gavor
06-30-2002, 9:07 AM
The day has come, I packed my meager possessions into a box then walked out the stainless steel and glass doors for the last time. Yes, the end of another contract has arrived and i'm currently unemployed and sitting around the house in my pyjamas :).

If I appear to be posting less it's because I no longer have seemingly endless days at work in front of my PC to fill. No longer can i spend hours trawling the forums for a post worthy of my reply ;). Instead i'll be packing my stuff and getting ready to move interstate. In two weeks i'll dissapear for an unknown amount of time as I travel far and wide looking for a new abode and a job worthy of my talents. :)

Enjoy

:max:
 Zendjir
06-30-2002, 8:25 PM
Man, that post almost made me cry :violin:

I hope you get a new job soon.
And maybe, just maybe...you become force sensitive and become a Jedi! j/k :)
 Gaalgoth
07-01-2002, 5:45 AM
dude.....they have stainless steel and glass doors down under too? next thing i know people will be saying there are actual above-ground cities in Canada.................
 gavor
07-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Doors? Did i say doors? We Australians know nothing of doors.
 Wraith 8
07-01-2002, 6:11 PM
doors?
reminds me of that australian commercial for Fosters :D

Locksmith :D hahhahaha
 Gaalgoth
07-02-2002, 7:51 AM
Hey, Wraith, they speak dutch where you live, right? So then are those Foster's commercials in Dutch with an Australian accent?
 Wraith 8
07-02-2002, 2:56 PM
what? hahahahhahahha

The Netherlands almost NEVER dubs voices. but that fosters commercial i saw was in this TV show called Commercials. there were all kinds of funny commercials from all over the world.

no. we dont dub foreign commercials when they are understandable. some commercials are dubbed... more to because they are also aimed at older people who cant speak english aswell as the younger generation.

-Wraith 8-
 Zendjir
07-03-2002, 12:08 AM
We live in Holland, Gaalgoth, not Germany where they dub everything, even movies !! :D. I think swapping the language a commercial is spoken in to an other language takes away much of the commercials 'power'. People will be less anxious (sp?) to buy a product with a dubbed commercial.

On top of that, it is veeery annoying :mad:
 Koffin
07-03-2002, 3:29 AM
Bye Gavor......dont forget your pants......
 Lord Helmet
07-05-2002, 12:20 PM
Louisianna sux!
Page: 1 of 1