Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DOTT in win98

Page: 1 of 1
 movieclockstar
06-29-2002, 2:09 AM
Anyone have any luck getting Day of the Tentacle to run in Windows 98? I just dusted off my copy of DOTT (cd version) and it crashes in 98SE about the point where the LucasArts logo pops up in the intro, due to apparent "memory" errors. Just curious if anyone has found a solution. Thanks.
 Ender
06-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by movieclockstar
Anyone have any luck getting Day of the Tentacle to run in Windows 98? I just dusted off my copy of DOTT (cd version) and it crashes in 98SE about the point where the LucasArts logo pops up in the intro, due to apparent "memory" errors. Just curious if anyone has found a solution. Thanks.

To beat RemiO to it..
Try this: http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/)

:)
 MrManager
06-29-2002, 1:41 PM
¬ ¬
 Huz
06-29-2002, 10:17 PM
Whenever DoTT crashed that way for me, it was because I had messed up the sound setup. Have you tried disabling sound just to see if it helps?

Alternatively, try the patch from the LucasArts site. Maybe that helps. Maybe.

Or just try SCUMMVM as everyone else would suggest. ;)
 MrManager
06-30-2002, 12:06 AM
The patch worked for me on my old Win98 system, though I had to use Roland sound which sounds sorta... metallic...
 Prendo
07-08-2002, 8:27 AM
DOTT always worked fine for me in Win98 with both voice and music.

From what I remember, I used to have to get into DOS mode so I could setup the voice and music with games like Sam n Max and DOTT, because it always screwed up in Windows.

I remember getting a few memory errors in DOTT and IJ FOA. I don't know how I ended up fixing it. I might have shut down every unnecessary program that Windows seems to love running in the background. Annoying bastards.
 GendoTheGreat
08-17-2002, 3:32 PM
I remember samnmax only had sound in DOS on my old machine, which was win95 (and a 486DX). My latest rig has win98 it runs samnmax, DOTT, FoA and the rest perfectly well.
 RyanFialcowitz
11-12-2002, 4:08 PM
I had the exact same problem. Tried ScummVM, worked like a charm.

-RPF
Page: 1 of 1