Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

strategies

Page: 1 of 1
 bloodhand
12-17-2000, 12:11 AM
Does anyone have any general strategies for winning skirmishes? I usually play as the empire, with my enemy as the rebels.
 paulbarnard
12-17-2000, 12:47 AM
I keep asking the same question. No one seems to answer. I avoid AT-ATs. Just not cost effective.
 Darth Prime
12-17-2000, 4:36 PM
What I usually do is I search for the locations of the enemies shipyards, constuction facilties, and train acilities. Once I find them, I make a strike force with some regiments and some personnel that's high in diplomacy and attack. If they have planetary batteries and shields, sabatoge them if shields can withstand bombardment. Once those are gone, I assualt the planet, and have my agent manage troop production in case of an uprising. When the uprising is over, if there ever was one, send any personnel to the planet for diplomacy. Before I restarted the game with the Alliance, the Empire was in control with 1/5 of the galaxy, it had no fleet, I had nearly five hundred ships of various types, I had took Coruscant and captured the Emperor.
 Pedro The Hutt
12-17-2000, 5:01 PM
http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/confused.gif) Are we talking about Rebellion or about Force Commander here? http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/confused.gif)

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Darth Prime
12-18-2000, 10:32 PM
My reply was for Rebellion.
 paulbarnard
12-19-2000, 4:08 AM
Skirmishes are only found in FoCom.

Tactical mode in Rebellion is not a skirmish. It's Tactical mode. (something that could've been great, but alas, so typical LEC, it wasn't).
 Pedro The Hutt
12-19-2000, 7:22 PM
AHA, I see. I don't do much skirmishes. Force Commander doesn't run well on our PC, but we're going to get a new one soon enough. (And it's going to have a Geforce 2 card, is that a good one, since I kind of lost track about all those 3D-cards about the time the 1st Geforce was released).

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Page: 1 of 1