Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Beating Hoth in 20min, also Artillery Strategy for Yavin and Sarapin

Page: 1 of 1
 StS_Maryjane
04-08-2000, 5:04 PM
Hi,

I completed Hoth the first time i played it in a bout 20 minutes, I used all the units i was given but i also took down 3 Anti-Air tanks, i put all my troops in the AT-At's since they die so fast, I also took with me the max number of AT-Pt's you can fit in your shuttle. Then i grouped the forces into 3 units,
unit 1
1 AT-AT
2-AT-PT
1 AT-AA
unit 2
2 AT-AT
1-AT-PT
1 AT-AA
unit 3
2 AT-AT
2-AT-PT
1 AT-AA

I then marched my forces up the right side of the map, the AA's took out the airspeeders
and i used the AT-At's chin guns to destroy the vehicles and turrets that were in my way. once you get up top the top left corner of the map you find the rebel base, the shild generator, airfield, and base itself. destroy the airfield first as it is the greatest nusance. but make sure you have destroyed all the turrets, theres 5 i think. use an AT-AT on each if you have not lost one to airspeeders yet. it only takes one hit. then vader comes down, use his troops to invade the base and bang your done.
with this technique i won in 20 minutes, i thought it would take longer but oh well. i lost all of my AT-Pt's, 1 AT-AT to speeders and 1 AT-AA, but everthing else survived and all of the AT-AT's had 3 exp when they were done to bad i couldn't take them to endor with me.

Try this it works, vader warns you fairly often, he threatened me 3 times,don't know how many it takes for him to realeave you though. try it. Oh ya i have an Artillery Strategy up on the Imperial Siege site, discusses spotting techniques, the address is http://www.strategyplanet.com/forcecommander/)

here it is

So many good reviews, so many bad reviews. Force Commander seems to have two faces - light and dark. So who's to trust? The megalopolis-sites like Gamespot and Gamespy, or the small fanbased sites? It all depends on where you are coming from. Take heed: most of you are Star Wars fans, so naturally, listen to the reviews written by Star Wars fans. For those of you outside the Star Wars category, taking a good sit-down with the demo may make your decision. In any case, don't always trust what the big sites tell you - try the game for yourself, and trust you peers. Any comments? Email them to Cronoss.

April 7, 2000

Reviews - Good and Bad - an Encore

The next slew of Force Commander reviews have hit the 'net. They are as follows:

CheckOut.com Review. Scores Force Commander 4/10 overall - a fairly negative review.
TheForce.net Review. Released in two parts (04/06/00, 04/07/00), the review is quite positive. Both parts to the review can be read on the news page - scroll down a bit to find part one.
Hotgames Review. Not overly positive at all, Hotgames awards Force Commander with a 2/5.
[ Updated by Cronoss - 21:04 - April 7 2000]

The First Cheat Code!

The first cheat code in Force Commander has been found out, and submitted to me by our pal RED. The Code works as follows:

Start a new Force Commander game, and in the New Player slot, type the name:
TheGalaxyIsYours
Once in the Campaign or skirmish you can get a quick 500 Command Points whenever you want simply by pressing the "M" key. But remember, when choosing your new player you must double click on the name, NOT click on the blue arrow!
Wait are you waiting for? Go try out the code! If you have any codes or strategies you would like to submit, send them to Pash or myself.

[ Updated by Cronoss - 20:04 - April 7 2000]

April 6, 2000

Artillery Strat

This is one of the e-mail strats I have recieved. I tested it out, and it works pretty good. It relies mostly on your artillery, and your TIE (spotter) staying alive.
Here's what you need :

1 tie fighter

1+ artillery

3+ AT-PT

2+ AT-ST

1 shield disabler if available

1. Use a lone tie fighter is guard stance to circle an area where you suspect an enemy to be present.
2. Form a small skirmish line of AT-PT's and AT-ST's as a guard for your artillery
3. Bring up 1 or more artillery units to pound the enemy.
4. Make sure that your fighter only displays the target when it circles in that direction, if it gets too close the rebs will send hover tanks or infantry against you.
5. If your fighter is being toasted move it away a few feet
6. This will help you make it through Yavin and Sarapin

Thanks to Phillip.

StS_Maryjane
Or Phil in real life

------------------
StS_MAryjane,

You are only half as smart as you think I am
Page: 1 of 1