Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Abridon Kicking my @$$

Page: 1 of 1
 ynot01
04-03-2000, 10:24 PM
Can anyone help me with the Masacre at Abridon mission? I can re-take the base, but then they send wave after wave after wave of tanks at me and I cant keep up. Masacre is right, I'm the one being masacred!
 early24
04-04-2000, 11:17 PM
Yeah, this one's TUFF! I just beat it last night, and I found the key was doing your best to keep all of your forces alive by the time you retake the base. All I used was my AT-AT's, AT-PT's, AT-ST's, and Stormtroopers. Leave everything else far enough behind you so they are safe, but close enough that you can send an AT-AT or some smaller walkers back to defend them if necessary. USE YOUR CHIN GUNS LIBERALLY! Take out turrets first with these death rays(unless you make it there with a gang of troopers, don't waste troops and time taking them), then concentrate on the big vehicles and let your smaller units mop up while your stormies take the center. Once you're inside, take the hospital and set up your mobile artillery and AT-AA's behind the ridge and slightly to the left so the sound of your artillery fire will alert you to oncoming attacks. If you're efficient (and lucky), you'll cash in on BOOKOO CP's with which to fortify your base. Build an AA turret first, then an AV turret (I got away with not using an AI turret). Then buy some more AT-AT's and alternate them at the frontline to keep at least 2 charged chin guns up front. This level practically begs for TIEs and bombers, so build a platform and send them back for repairs often. A well balanced force of at least four (trooper laden) AT-AT's with -ST, -AA and -PT support and air coverage should finish the level. Use the shuttle Tydirium to fly in freshies for taking the gov't center. WHEW! Good luck, and do let me know how it turns out!

------------------
 ynot01
04-05-2000, 2:34 AM
YAHOOO!!! I finally beat it! Man that was one tough level! Thanks for the tip!

------------------
"I will show you the true nature of the Force"
Page: 1 of 1