Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do I get to "drive" an AT-AT ?!?!?

Page: 1 of 1
 ntblood
03-28-2000, 9:30 PM
Hi. I've heard from two places now that one of the cool things you could do in FC was drive an AT-AT. Well, is this the literal truth (I read that you could command your forces from the AT-AT)? If so please let me know. I haven't seen it in the manual.
 Fuel
03-30-2000, 6:41 PM
I love the fast responses on this forum to "Jedi Apprentices".. or I mean the lack of responses... Well so far I haven't been able to get the AT-AT's yet... I think what they meant was that you can control them, like tell them where to go, not literally drive them... I think there MIGHT be a unit you can do that with, it seems the manual hints to it but the unit has no weapons...

sorry I cant be more precise, I'll see about posting a reply once I actually get to a level with AT-AT's.
 early24
04-02-2000, 8:28 PM
Well, I just played the Hoth level (first with AT-AT's) and the closest I could accomplish was attaching the camera to an AT-AT and zooming in really close. This almost gave the feel of "driving" the AT-AT, but suffered in effect when the unit changed course (i.e. the camera angle remained the same) If I figure anything better out, I'll post w/ it.
 larylich
04-03-2000, 3:26 PM
Here is how you take command of the AT-AT.

Take an infiltrator unit and have him ENTER the AT-AT (or AT-ST, TMRB, or any vehicle that can carry troops) by SHIFT + Right Clicking on them. Not there is not a 100% chance of this working, so send more than one infiltrator to do the job. Or freeze the armored unit with a zap from the Y-Wing ion cannon- then it works every time!

There you go!!!
Page: 1 of 1