Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hoth trees

Page: 1 of 1
 lonnbark
04-21-2000, 6:22 PM
What am i doing wrong?
I am nott able to destroy the trap-trees
at Hoth!
Please help!

------------------
Brick
 PalpaNert
04-21-2000, 8:56 PM
Neither was I, There were no Traps On Hoth, maybe that's why...Maybe Yer having Trouble with Endor?

------------------
Thanks,
PalpaNert
 WildMustang
04-21-2000, 11:38 PM
well in endor there were tree traps.
i think the rebels have a vehical that lay mines if thats the case you can't that I know of disable the mines. I would save often and find out where they are and avoid them alltogether. good luck and

------------------
May The Force Be With You
 Ol$cratch
05-01-2000, 3:35 AM
Ok, nevermind the smartasses, we don't all know every little bit there is to know aboutr SW, anyways, those traps in the trees have about 500 hit points, you prolly did'nt shoot at them long enough, the i did it is, i had two teams, the initial troops were one then the backups were 2, i would send group one into clear traps, after ordering the entire team to destroy a trap i would click on the trap and watch the points drain.
hope this was helpful.
 Amozarte
05-20-2000, 3:17 AM
To stop the traps, I simply sent all my troopers in, leaving eveyrbody else at home. This way the AT-STs didnt get drwan into them. Then When I got to a village, I brought up the cavalry. Hope this helps.
 H.Solo
05-20-2000, 10:03 AM
For this mission, the trick about getting the traps is that you need to zoom out your view and tilt the camera upwards, so that you can see the top of the trees. Once you point the pointer to the top of the trees you can then target the traps (of which the pointer will have an N on top).
 Some guy from Dantooine
05-25-2000, 10:50 AM
I did it somewhat differently.

Brought the camera down to ground level. I'd inch my troops forward a few yards, then point the cursor at every tree. If it changed to a targetting icon, I'd have the entire unit blaze away until the tree exploded. Once the path was clear, I'd move them forward until more trees appeared ont he screen, then repeat the process. With frequent saves, I managed to waste all the little furballs with minimal losses.
 TerrorMaroon
05-25-2000, 2:08 PM
I tried Endor again just to see if I could get through with all of my troops.

One thing about the single falling trees is that if you bring too many troops in, at least one of them will fall into zombie mode (you see it flash yellow) and walk right into the trap. Once it flashes yellow, you lose control of that unit and it walks right into the trap
Page: 1 of 1