Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worth the wait...

Page: 1 of 1
 Styron
03-26-2000, 5:22 AM
I do think Daily Rader's review was tough, and didn't touch on the good points. I've been waiting since 1997, for it's "release" in 1998, & the "demo" that Winter. All of this wait, & I finally get the game. It took a while to get used to the camera. The units are good, & well balanced, but for having 3 years to work on this - the graphical interface is poor. I have 5 AT-AT's...& somehow, they end up walking through each other. Units also march through my command center and cannot be destroyed. The music is okay, but sometimes classic SW music would be nice. Multiplayer is..interesting. I kind of like to be free, as far as mining for points goes, but it REALLY bothers me that I can only order 6 Troops at a time...that takes too long. The Units don't seem overly comparable to the movies. The AT-AT's turn just by making a circle. Not taking their time to move their feet, as shown in ESB. That just looks cheap & worthless. The Speeder Bike also appears to be crawling when compared to ROTJ. However, I do enjoy the mid-air battles that can take place w/ the Y-wings - Ties...etc. Overall, the game is good, but the graphic problems which are extremely obvious, should have been corrected before this game went gold. Those few glitches can ruin a nice game.

Thanks,
Styron (LrdStyron@aol.com)
 Darth Kurgan
03-26-2000, 3:51 PM
Yeah, I think the main reason for the delay of the game was they were reworking the rendering engine. Originally it was like 2d, then they made it 3d, so maybe it didn't end up as good as it could have been.

I haven't played it yet, so I'm not really speaking from experience, just what I've read about it.

Good of you to show your opinion. Apparently the game's been getting mixed reactions. A bunch of bad reviews, a few good ones, and players that liked it, and players that didn't. I'm still anxious to try it one of these days though.

Kurgan
Page: 1 of 1