Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Easy Question...

Page: 1 of 1
 Fuel
03-23-2000, 10:02 PM
Since I can't seem to get a reply in any of the other threads..

Does the game have a realistic engine (i.e. falling snow piling up on units and buildings, rain that raises water levels, guns that leave visible damage to the terrain like craters); is it as good as Warzone 2100 or Earth 2150; and is it worth 50 bucks?
 Fuel
03-24-2000, 11:36 PM
Hey thanks for all the replies, appreciate it. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif)

Well I bought the game, and if anyone was in the same boat as me, where you want to know more about the game from people who have played it, but can't get a response reply to this thread and I will try to help...

In repsonse to my questions, the game is definatly as good and, in my opinion, better than Warzone 2100, and while the camera movements are completely different than Earth 2150, and maybe even more complex.. but you get used to them and they have a nice feel after a while... The weather effects, I cant say at this time, but I have seen sand blowing in the wind, which is super cool. Earth 2150 has no infantry, Force Commander does, and they look real good, not like cartoon people slapped into the engine, but actual troops almost as if they were taken from one of the First Person Shooter games that Lucas Arts has come out with. The troops aren't just weak little people worth drawing enemy fire away from mechs either, they can occupy buildings and other units like dewbacks (the desert beasts seen in the remake of "A New Hope") and Storm Troopers have stun weapons as well. So far this looks to be the best RTS game that I have played that is currently available in the American Market... but that might just be because I've wanted a Star Wars strategy game since the original Command and Conquer back in early 90's and I'm not looking for faults in the game yet... http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)
Page: 1 of 1