Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

Page: 1 of 19
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 2:26 AM
Let's try and make this thread just scripts that we have made or find so we can share them all. It keeps all the "scripts" posts into one area so we don't have people making many threads, thus keeping the board a little cleaner.

If you aren't a scripter or have a strong opinion against scripts, i suggest you not post here and go to another post. But since most of you who don't like scripts will post anyway, try and make it short so the others who enjoy this stuff can find info quicker. Be aware that spamming will prob get you banned so let's keep this clean.

Taunting;

bind X "+taunt"

Light stance lunge attack;

set "lunge" "+movedown;wait;wait;+movedown;wait;wait;wait;+forw ard;wait;+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;-movedown;-attack;-forward"

bind X "vstr lunge"

Heavy stance DFA attack;

set "dfa" "+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wa it;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wa it;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wa it;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wa it;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wa it;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wa it;wait;wait;wait;wait;+forward;+moveup;wait;wait; wait;wait;-forward;-moveup;-attack"

bind X "vstr dfa"

Any stance, back attack without the 180 degree move;

set "backstab" "+back;+moveright;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-moveright;-attack"

bind X "vstr backstab"

Kick while attacker is infront of you;

set "fkick" "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait; +moveup; wait; -moveup; -forward"

bind X "vstr fkick"

Basic scripting knowledge;

Scripts only do things that you can normaly do ingame with buttons. They just allow you to bind many moves into one button. Every button has a + and a -. The plus is when the button is pressed down, the minus is when the button is release. You should always have a - if you have a + otherwise you will not beable to stop the move.

waits in a script is a measure of time. They allow you to configure your script for timing moves, and to compensate for lag. You can write waits like so to shorten the script;

wait; wait; wait would also equal wait3

*note, once a script is start you must let it finish. You cannot do anything else while it is running, so too many waits will leave you open. It's a good idea to start with a small number of waits then add more if need be.

The first lines usually is where you define what you are doing;

set "fkick" " (code)"
| | \
| \ This is your list of commands/moves
\ tells the name of the variable
tells the system you are setting a variable

At the end you will need to bind it to a key;

bind X "vstr (name of variable)"
| | \
| \ this names the variable you are binding
\ this is the key you want to bind the move to
Tells the system you are binding here

For a full list of commands you can either type cmdlist in the console. Or open your cfg with notepad/wordpad. I suggest saving it as a different name since edditing this cfg can cuase harm to you binds.

To run a script, you should open notepad. Copy/paste the script into notepad or write a script in notepad. Then save it with a cfg extention. Leave the cfg file in the same directory as the other cfgs. In game you should go to the console (american version just hit shift+~) and type;

exec (name of file).cfg

You can bind the execution of the script to a key also;

bind "f1" "exec test.cfg"

And last but not least you can name it autoexec.cfg and it should execute automatically when you start the game.

PS. tried to edit it so the points would be aligned, but it didn't work. The basic ideas are here so it should atleast give you an idea. Let the knowledge flow begin.... or the flaming whatever comes first. *note, let's try to ignore the flames... they are atleast nice enough to bump the post.
:greedo:
 knyte
06-22-2002, 2:35 AM
Ive said it before, and Ill say it again....

JaraDaj, youre an ass.
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 2:37 AM
anyone else? I figure the sooner we get this stuff out the sooner they will patch it.... or people will just get used to it. Only way to get gun control would be to kill a few hundred people right????
 TangledThorns
06-22-2002, 3:04 AM
Yeah, the scripting and backstabbing is so abused that many people think they're hacks and its gonna ruin this great game. I've been reduced to scripting and backstabbing because every other player (except n00Bs) out there is doing the same. I'm hoping a patch will come to stop the scripts and hacks.
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 3:15 AM
well, if you look at the scripts, they aren't anything special. Hell the most complicated one is the lunge. If people get all pissy bout this stuff they need to take a volume.

Wait till i get home, i got the spinning move that was talked bout a few weeks ago..... whoa, if i don't watch out i can be the cuae of the end of the game.... /sarcasm off
 §шnнз
06-22-2002, 3:29 AM
what kind of n00b coudn't do these moves wihtout the scripts? If it's just made to be easier who gives a ****? Let them script.
 Phunen ey
06-22-2002, 3:31 AM
There's not a patch in the world that will remove the "vstr" command. It's part of the engine thusly part of the game.

Note: How do you think you can turn your saber off and on with the same button? The game writers most likely used the vstr from the Q3 engine command to do it.

Those who consider scripting as cheating better get used to it because most likely it will not leave this game nor any others using Q3's engine.

Scripting can come in handy for other aspects in the game that's not considered cheating.

I.e. Here's a script so you don't have to exit the game (Q3) to answer a pesky AIM or IRC message. Goes from fullscreen to windowed view(Possibly works in JKII:JO - NOT TESTED)
// Fullscreen / Windowed Quake
set FW vstr FW1
set FW1 "r_fullscreen 0; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW2"
set FW2 "r_fullscreen 1; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW1"
bind F12 vstr FW

And here's another for Q3 that makes you walk without holding the walk button if always run is enabled, or reversed if always run is disabled (Also may work for JKII:JO - NOT TESTED
// Run / Walk Toggle
bind SPACE toggle cl_run

I used those 2 examples of "Light Side" scripting. Remember, scripting is part of any Q3 engine based game. Get used to it.
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 3:36 AM
cool, gonna try the walk/run toggle when i get home.... I made one for that too, but it's little longer.... Anyone else?
 Dea
06-22-2002, 3:41 AM
in a similar way you can write scripts that chance your force setup to a few presets you use a lot, so you don't have to go to the menu when you want to switch.

Like said before, a script is only a set of chained commands, nothing you can't do through normal key pressing. Furthermore, a script has a huge disadvantage, once you start it, you can't stop it..

I was dueling a person once that used the helicopter move, but had the spin last a little to long, result, he was stuck in the spin long enough to get his ass killed when he used it. The same goes for every scripted combo, if it goes wrong, you can't abbort the move, something a player who doesn't script can.
 Dea
06-22-2002, 3:45 AM
oh, and another tip, you can put numbers behind commands, to make it wait that number of wait after it.

For example

+forward 2

is the same as

+forward; wait ;wait

Though I'm not sure if

wait 2

is the same as

wait; wait

or

wait; wait; wait

anyway, you get the idea
 Jevesus
06-22-2002, 6:40 AM
to all that think jaradajs scripts are "cheats":

(please read slowly, and breathe and think in between sentences)

how hard do you think it is to manually do the moves that jaradajs scripts does automatically?

easy? pretty hard? hard? extremely hard?

personally, i'd go for "easy"? would you?

why is it such a big deal if something that is "easy" is automated in this fashion?
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 6:50 AM
That's the plan... showing these scripts so people see what they are complaining about... show them how stupid they are for making a big deal out of em.

But this one should make alot of people mad.

Spin attack while backstabing. This script will spin you around while you backstab. I suggest leaving your attack on med or heavy stance. Once you start the backstab move, hit this key (whatever you bound it to) and hit it again to make yourself stop. It's a toggle, best way to make it so that you have some control over the spin. This doesn't make you backstab or anything, you have to do that yourself... just hit it when you are starting the backstab.

set spinmove "vstr spin"
set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"
set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind X "vstr spinmove"

This will spin you around, and with luck and practice you can hit bout 5 times. Normally one backstab would kill you, this is just over kill. If any script could be considered cheating, this would be the closest one, i would think. I still believe it's no big deal considering if you are being backstabbed you are pretty much dead anyways.
 CobraKai
06-22-2002, 6:50 AM
this is ridiculous. Play the damned game yourself. If you want to program, open up VB.
 Jevesus
06-22-2002, 6:58 AM
Cool script, JaraDaj. Hadn't thought of that one.. (see, scripting does make you creative, Twins of Doom)
 Dea
06-22-2002, 7:02 AM
JaraDai, can you explain the difference between the different set commands? (set, seta, etc there are a lot more)
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 7:03 AM
yea, that's one of my favorites, just to show off..... great when you DFA into a crowd of 5 or so, then do a backstab+spin= 5 dead jedi.

Way to powerful in ffa games. But damn fun, and just an example on how they should have put yawspeed server side.
 Jevesus
06-22-2002, 7:07 AM
Originally posted by JaraDaj
yea, that's one of my favorites, just to show off..... great when you DFA into a crowd of 5 or so, then do a backstab+spin= 5 dead jedi.

Way to powerful in ffa games. But damn fun, and just an example on how they should have put yawspeed server side.

yeah, like ive said countless times: this game is particularly easy to exploit with scripts, and its all the game designers fault.
 intoxictd
06-22-2002, 7:12 AM
So let's all be complete lazy idiots and take advantage of their faults. Does anyone actually learn how to do anything anymore.? Typical Human Laziness.
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 7:15 AM
i'm still somewhat new to this engine, i was a big scripter for half-life.

I believe the set is used for quick variables and the seta for arrays and more complex commands/code.

I'm still inthe trial and error part of scripting... some code is easier if you set a toggle some are better if you set for a key press. I wish they allowed you to bind to - and +. Then we could do some really complex scripts.

IE in CS i had a script that when i hit a key and help it down it'll buy a nade then prime it. Let go would throw it. You could spam nades for the first min (buy time ends then) and since they damage through walls it was great in maps like assualt. Alas you can't do that, as far as i know, in this game.

PS. I don't use these script anymore. No need, once i learned the timing and moves myself. These are old, and are being used to teach others. No one is forcing you to use em. Just want to show you what can and can't be done. Better that you learn this now, then start false theories and spread misinformation.
 Homosexual Ewok
06-22-2002, 8:51 AM
Originally posted by Jevesus
to all that think jaradajs scripts are "cheats":

(please read slowly, and breathe and think in between sentences)

how hard do you think it is to manually do the moves that jaradajs scripts does automatically?

easy? pretty hard? hard? extremely hard?

personally, i'd go for "easy"? would you?

why is it such a big deal if something that is "easy" is automated in this fashion?

Good point.
Executing any of these moves is not difficult. The most complicated moves in the game require you to merely press three buttons in a row or two simultaneously.

But I think the point that many who are against scripts are trying to make, (but fail to do so because they seem more interested in insults and flames) is that a script designed to execute a simple move is not a big deal.
However, a script specifically designed to execute a move or a set of commands that's success depends solely on the rate of speed upon which the buttons are pressed is where the problem lies.

A perfect example is saber lock scripts. There is simply no way a human hand can press the primary attack button as fast as a script can execute the command.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with scripts. Most script users rely so heavily on their scripted moves that through the simple strategy of not going "head to head" with the scripted move, they are easily defeated.
That is my way, though. I simply deal with what is thrown at me. And as you know, that way is not the way the majority will look at things.

And I am sorry but comments like "Well bind x +taunt is a script, is that cheating?" is not a valid argument. It is pretty much like saying "Well technically it's not murder because he had inoperable Cancer."
You can "validate" any point through twisting of words to suit the situation.

These scripts are relatively simple, but as one, who has made scripts for this game, trust me when I say you can do much more with them.

This game is much more than the standard "point the mouse, push mouse1" type most first person shooters are.
And quite frankly reducing it to a game of who can write the best scripts would really be a shame.
 Jevesus
06-22-2002, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

But I think the point that many who are against scripts are trying to make, (but fail to do so because they seem more interested in insults and flames) is that a script designed to execute a simple move is not a big deal.
However, a script specifically designed to execute a move or a set of commands that's success depends solely on the rate of speed upon which the buttons are pressed is where the problem lies.

A perfect example is saber lock scripts. There is simply no way a human hand can press the primary attack button as fast as a script can execute the command.

I completely agree.

I'm, like I've said, certainly no advocate of scripts that are borderline exploits, such as the no force sabre script.

What I am advocating is that players realize that scripts are not inherently and always bad. They are not. In this game it is particularly easy to make exploits via scripts, and that is the game designers fault. (Should've set yawspeed as a server-side variable and almost all _exploits_ I know of would be rendered useless)

A lot of players are afraid of the, upon first glance, frightening concept of "scripting" and rule it off as a form of cheating. They should instead of making extreme generalizations take the time to atleast understand the concept of scripting.
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 9:11 AM
i agree here to.

On a side note, the saberlock script can't be done. Saberlokck requires you to hit attack rapidly. A script can't do that for you really, i mean it can. But there's no telling how long ht elock will be, so the script either ends short, or ends late. If it ends late you are stuck till the script finishes. If it ends short, you have to exec the script again.

I think the people who are winning these saberlocks are those with rabid fire options on thier mouse/controller/joystick.

If you are a scripter you would know what i'm tlaking bout. You can't bind something to a button that repeats. There's no command to repeat till something lese happens. It just keeps going till the script ends.

Only other way would be for a scripter to write a short rapid fire script and set it with a end msg so you know you have to exec it again. Been even then, the saberlock can end before the script does, and you will be stuck till the script ends.
 Jevesus
06-22-2002, 9:19 AM
i agree here to.

On a side note, the saberlock script can't be done. Saberlokck requires you to hit attack rapidly. A script can't do that for you really, i mean it can. But there's no telling how long ht elock will be, so the script either ends short, or ends late. If it ends late you are stuck till the script finishes. If it ends short, you have to exec the script again.

I think the people who are winning these saberlocks are those with rabid fire options on thier mouse/controller/joystick.

If you are a scripter you would know what i'm tlaking bout. You can't bind something to a button that repeats. There's no command to repeat till something lese happens. It just keeps going till the script ends.

Only other way would be for a scripter to write a short rapid fire script and set it with a end msg so you know you have to exec it again. Been even then, the saberlock can end before the script does, and you will be stuck till the script ends.

Hrrrm, yeah you can. I did a script that simply consists of a bunch of +/- attacks. Bind it to a key, hold that key. Done.

Poor game design :)
 CobraKai
06-22-2002, 11:48 AM
just bind attack to both mouse button1 and your mouse scroll ball. Then all u gotta do is roll the button in saber locks. No scripting reqd.
 Homosexual Ewok
06-22-2002, 12:59 PM

Hrrrm, yeah you can. I did a script that simply consists of a bunch of +/- attacks. Bind it to a key, hold that key. Done.

He's right JaraDaj; saber lock/break scripts are the simplest ones to do.
No "vstr" is required, just a simple + ; - repeated to the "x" time.
They can also have +force_throw (what we call push) thrown into the string to end the lock even faster.
 JaraDaj
06-22-2002, 2:40 PM
learn something new everyday.
 stuyScale
06-23-2002, 12:58 AM
okay, open up a text file.
Now, type this in exactly

set change1 "color1 1;;bind f12 vstr change2"
set change2 "color1 2;;bind f12 vstr change3"
set change3 "color1 3;;bind f12 vstr change4"
set change4 "color1 4;;bind f12 vstr change5"
set change5 "color1 5;;bind f12 vstr change1"
bind f12 vstr change1

now save it as "change.cfg" and put it in your JK II/base folder. I think, which ever folder has your jkiimpconfig.cfg file

Now in game, open up your console and type exec change.cfg

Now, whenever you want to change your saber color, just hit f12, and it will cycle through all the colors. Tap it to change color once, hold it down for a very quick cycle. Dont hold it down for more than a second or two, cause it cycles really quickly, and you will lag.

Likewise, you can make a bind to cycle through all the avaliable models.
 JaraDaj
06-23-2002, 2:58 AM
anyone wanna try this one.....

set "fdeath" "model reborn/fencer;wait;model reborn/acrobat;wait;model reborn/boss;wait;model reborn/forceuser;wait;model reborn/fencer;wait;model reborn/acrobat;wait;model reborn/boss;wait;model reborn/forceuser"

bind X "vstr fdeath"

had it sent to me by someone named Ice something..... Doubt it works since the models have been locked in 1.03... maybe i'm wrong
 leXX
06-23-2002, 3:03 AM
posted by CobraKai:

just bind attack to both mouse button1 and your mouse scroll ball. Then all u gotta do is roll the button in saber locks. No scripting reqd.

Now that's what I've been looking for! Great idea, thanx 4 that ;)
 Sn1PeR
06-23-2002, 4:27 AM
Working DFA on Heavy mode...

bind R "+attack; -attack; wait 15; +forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 5; -attack; -forward; -moveup"
 Zumren
06-23-2002, 4:38 AM
Question:
For some reason I'm having trouble with the backstab script... I am reckoning it is due to my own incompotence. I used the exact one type and all I am getting is a right slash...
 Sn1PeR
06-23-2002, 5:29 AM
I think it only does the right slash.... you need to turn ther guy 180є in order to do a backsweep I think.....
 JaraDaj
06-23-2002, 8:03 AM
aye... you will need to get onto position....when i get back from this date (old ex bf, sigh i don't expect it to be long) i'll see what i can do with it. Maybe combine the blender with a 180 backstab... should be fun.

I really want to try a kick then dfa. I can't get the timing on my own so we'll see how it goes with a script. Suppose that'll give some people fuel to flame with. I'll post results
 Homosexual Ewok
06-23-2002, 10:41 AM

had it sent to me by someone named Ice something.....

I wonder if anyone else caught that one, I know I did. :D
 JaraDaj
06-23-2002, 11:22 AM
so does it work???
 Jevesus
06-23-2002, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

I wonder if anyone else caught that one, I know I did. :D

cought what?
 Haemon
06-24-2002, 2:59 AM
JaraDaj you said you could do the helicoptor so could you post it here?

oh and do you have to be on the ground to kick or is the some other combo for kicking?

I personally think all that scripting is too much trouble so I'm not going to bother to try any and I don't see how you guys can spend all that time writing them. I would give up after 10 minutes if it ddn't work, but hey if you've got the patience.....
 Homosexual Ewok
06-24-2002, 3:03 AM

cought what?
The Ice "someone" just happens to have several posts, script tutorials and script packs on a rather well know German game hack site. Other nifty things such as server crash/reroute applications can be found there too. I guess I was the only one who caught that.
 Diago
06-24-2002, 3:23 AM
Ok , you scripters are ghey. Seriously ghey. Obviosly you couldn't get half the kills normally without em. Enjoy those semi cheats ppl because its gonna be gone soon I know it. I've already seen a no script server. And don't gimme that "its in the game" crap. If they are so easy to do then you could just get rid of your scripts right? Oh and it is cheating when you can script a spin to a degree that is humanly impossible with a mouse and sensitivity all the way up. Someone please make a SW Tactical shooter mod out of this game I am so tired of all the gayberists and I wanna play what Staw Wars is all about.

P.S. Talk all you want but there are 2 times when I get killed and I don't consider it anything at all, when a bot kills me and when a scripter kills me. Get some game ppl.:fett:
 JaraDaj
06-24-2002, 4:48 AM
Haemon;

the spinning move in in this thread already. Look again. And scripting doesn't take long. i wrote that spin move in 3 min, tested it in 3 games, and tweaked it once. It's just a mind set.

Diago;

thanks for the bump. It's spelled G-A-Y. Guess people in florida can't spell. It's cool, we will be here to correct ya.

Anyone wanna try this one?

set fdkick "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait2; +moveup;wait; -moveup"
set kdfa "+attack; -attack; wait 15; +forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 5; -attack; -forward; -moveup"
set combo1 "vstr fdkick; vstr kdfa"

bind X "vstr combo1"

this sets 2 variable to seperate names, then combines them into one variable so it can be bout to a key. If this works you could in theory make a script of nothing put chopped up little moves, then combine them using thier variable names (quicker to refer to). This could make simple combos, kinda like lego blocks. Each block is a special move. You combine each block to make something.

This one does a double kick (when enemy is in front of you), then on the backflip it'll do a dfa to hit them while on the ground. DFA code is Sn1PeR's from earlier in the thread.
 Homosexual Ewok
06-24-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Diago
Ok , you scripters are ghey. Seriously ghey. Obviosly you couldn't get half the kills normally without em. Enjoy those semi cheats ppl because its gonna be gone soon I know it. I've already seen a no script server. And don't gimme that "its in the game" crap. If they are so easy to do then you could just get rid of your scripts right? Oh and it is cheating when you can script a spin to a degree that is humanly impossible with a mouse and sensitivity all the way up. Someone please make a SW Tactical shooter mod out of this game I am so tired of all the gayberists and I wanna play what Staw Wars is all about.

P.S. Talk all you want but there are 2 times when I get killed and I don't consider it anything at all, when a bot kills me and when a scripter kills me. Get some game ppl.:fett:

No script server? Not possible. Scripts are binds. You cannot block key binding in the Quake 3 engine.

Please do go back to 1337 speaking trash of the Counter-Strike world; your presence is really not wanted here.
 GooglyMoogly
06-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Scripting moves is lame..plain and simple.

Part of what sets players apart and determines their "skill" (to some extent) is MANUAL dexterity. Some people have quick reflexes some have not. Scripting removes these variances and in my opinion is an artificial way to increase your "skill".

Script all you want if it makes you feel better, but If I see scripters on my server they get the boot..no questions asked. The prime example is the "blender" or "helicopter" spin. If I see ppl use this they are gone....so sorry.
 gonk-raider
06-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Right.. and inginuity isnt skill??
 Kid Hanover
06-24-2002, 12:26 PM
Bravo to all the good peeps willing to demystify scripting. Finally people are willing to come forward and share. I'm happy to see that.
 PainGod
06-24-2002, 1:40 PM
I was wondering when the script logging would take place. Bravo, guys. Now I know what that helicopter move was a guy did on me the other night. Keep this up, it's the only cataloge of scripts out there and it will help Raven out I'm sure.

Question: I encountered a person in a server tonight that was able to "stack lightning." That is, he fired lightning in several bursts at once and it took his force pool down real quick. Looked like about 3 bursts and they were all simultaneous.

Any idea what that was?
 ToppDog
06-24-2002, 7:01 PM
How do you bind catchy phrases to keys? I want to press the g key & have it enter chat mode, type "GOOD FIGHT", & then hit the enter key for me, as an example.
 [MJ]--Shadow
06-24-2002, 7:06 PM
it is

bind g "say GOOD FIGHT"

u can put any message in there
 JaraDaj
06-25-2002, 4:29 AM
never heard bout stacking lightning... If lightning has deminishing returns then scripts a "burst" fire mode would be ideal. But as i understand it, lightning does standard damage over all. And as far as i'm aware, you can't stack it...
 malinkie
06-25-2002, 4:40 AM
I don't use scripts personally but i do try to learn as much as possible about the games i play. All the power to you guys and gals who unlock the secrets of these programs.
(it may help in the future of the gaming industry to make their code more secure to all of these "loop holes").
I don't care wether sombody uses scripts or not. They have their plus and minus sides. eg:

1. Doing a move in only one button saves alot of time for you folks.

2. once executed, you cant go back unless a key is a switch rather than a stright scripted move ( This gives added time to the attacker to counter.)

Keep pushing the boundaries folks and we'll keep countering to the end of games (i dont think thats going to be any time soon :D )

Question:

I was looking at the many ways you lot have scripted the DFA...
How do you know how many wait commands to put in your script?

and is it based on the processor speed of your computer?

Thanks...

A guy whos just curious.
 Admiral Derski
06-25-2002, 7:47 AM

I think I can agree with that!
Page: 1 of 19