Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Flight of the Amazon Queen

Page: 1 of 1
 sheaday6
06-22-2002, 1:09 AM
I'm trying to play this old game, and every time i open it it says: "not enough free conventional memory". I have plenty of memory, maybe its too much. Can anyone help me out with this?
 bgbennyboy
06-22-2002, 1:29 AM
Er im going on holiday for a week in an hour so I cant answer now, Ive certainly got this game working on various os's.
I'll look into it when I get back, if no-ones already answered your question.

In the meantime it'd help if you said what operating system you have. If its w2k or xp then use vdmsound and all should be well.
 sheaday6
06-22-2002, 1:34 AM
yeah, its w2k. But what the heck is vdmsound?
 bgbennyboy
06-22-2002, 2:06 AM
 sheaday6
06-24-2002, 1:19 AM
Its still giving me the same error
 sheaday6
06-25-2002, 1:57 AM
and i tried it on a winME computer and it also gave the same error
 bgbennyboy
06-30-2002, 4:14 AM
Ive had a quick play with it and I see what you mean.
Vdmsound isnt very good in this instance, I can get it to run fine with voice but not with music.

But it seems to work fine (with voice but no music) natively in xp for me. Run the setup in the english folder choosing soundblaster music and voice, then run the game with queen.exe.

If this doesnt work for you in 2k then tell me and i'll detail how to do it with vdmsound and the vdmsound launcher.
I havent got time to mess around with it getting music to work atm.
Page: 1 of 1