Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Quick and Easy Problemos

Page: 1 of 1
 Zindell
06-19-2002, 3:54 PM
Yeah yeah I know this should o in the help section but i doubt it gets as much traffic as this. I'm on XP i've downloaded quick and easy and can not make it work for my sam and Max. I have VDM sound, I've tried locationg the folder in the cd drive like it asks me to. When it says it's done I go to the sam and max listing and click start. A dos screen flashes for a fraction of a second then nothing happens. So i try to run the game from the CD. It works but still no sound.

What am I doing wrong.
 sheaday6
06-20-2002, 9:23 AM
when the dos prompt screen flashes for a millisecond, it usually helps if you open the dos prompt from the accessories menu and then drag the program into it. It probably still won't work, but you can see the error message it leaves to help solve your problem.
 Zindell
06-21-2002, 12:20 PM
It just says can not execute C:\Quick And Easy\SAMNNMAX\SAMNMAX.EXE

im at a real loss.
 YTtheMighty
06-25-2002, 11:41 AM
go to a local computer store and ask for a 557, ok that is code, the guy will know what you are looking for, go to the back room and give you a pile of dust, in this dust you will find a complete 486dx system with a whoping 8mb of RAM and a clock speed of about 66MHz, it will alredy have a 700Mb HD with Dos6.0 on it and a SoundBlaster16 ISA card and of course a 2 MB video card that was at one time a coaster, and a ultra fast 1x CD-Rom drive... good luck...
 Zindell
06-25-2002, 6:39 PM
haha, Well I did that it cost me a whole penny!!!

nah i'm kidding... I won't bother then. I mean I just had the urge to replay Sam and max for a good laugh. Guess I'll have to find other means of entertaining myself. Twidling my thumbs got boring after 72 hours.
 YTtheMighty
06-25-2002, 11:57 PM
dont give up, try the fix over at snuckeys, it worked for me... it has pictures and everything, Here it is... (http://snuckeys.samandmax.net/aarontutorial.php) you may just want to burn XP and get 98 again...
 Zindell
06-26-2002, 8:56 PM
I don't know if that qualifies for XP but i'll give it a shot.
 bgbennyboy
07-16-2002, 8:41 AM
Yeah yeah I know this should o in the help section but i doubt it gets as much traffic as this

If you have a Q+E problem you really are better posting in the mojo help forum, since thats the one I look at on a day to day basis, I hardly ever look at this forum.

Zindell, youve done the S+M filecopy, make sure that Q+E and vdmsound are installed on the same drive. Q+E doesnt ru nthe game off cd, its runs it off hd (its the only way to get it working properly).

If you still have problems, try and run sam and max then paste the contents of q+e.bat here.

Also try doing the SnM filecopy in Q+E again
Page: 1 of 1