Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hot Starships

Page: 1 of 1
 BeastMaster
11-11-1999, 11:12 PM
I'm just wondering if there are any sites that make opts based on ships/fighters from TV or movies.

I have a lot of ideas for ships that I'd like to see (my mouth waters when I see Babylon 5 Starfuries and Whitestars), but I don't have the expertise or the time to learn how to edit opts on my own.

I'd still be more than willing to help with schematic advice and reference pictures.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Watto T
11-12-1999, 1:16 AM
Hey BeastMaster, my friend:

Hey, I'd like to know what exactly an "opt" is (I have a hint), but if you like new ships created for X-Wing Alliance, there's a site called the Corellian Engineering Corporation.

Here's the address:

http://post.herlev-snet.dk/xvt/index.htm)

This has dozens of new OPT files for downloading.

Have fun!

--Watto T
 BeastMaster
11-12-1999, 7:45 PM
Already knew about it, but thanx for trying.

BTW An opt is (to my knowledge) a file that defines objects in XWA. Unlike a JK 3do, an opt also includes hardpoints (weapons locations), stats (turn speed, cockpit view, etc), and any number of other things.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Lujayne
11-12-1999, 11:33 PM
 Stealth
11-22-1999, 8:10 PM
Opt`s contain
1. the ship geometry shape (like a 3do)
2. textures ,palettes,mipmaps (basicly the jk mat )
3. various hitzone ,rotation vectors
4. Hardpoints (weapon locations,types)
5. engine glow (xwa only)
Page: 1 of 1