Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with Alliance

Page: 1 of 1
 JediKnight_114[b]
08-22-2001, 7:28 PM
Lately, whenever I play Alliance, I will complete my objectives, but, my partners won't, which causes me to fail the mission. Like that level where Aeron is planting that slicer unit on the busted imperial satelite, well, I dropped her off, then got busy dusting spacetroopers, once that was done, I find Aeron, and it says she is heading home but still hasn't dropped the slicer unit in the satelite, which was still intact BTW.
So, is there a patch or anything to download and fix these bugs?

Thanks
 BeastMaster
08-23-2001, 11:52 AM
Do you have the version 2.02 patch?
 JediKnight_114[b]
08-23-2001, 3:14 PM
I have no patches. Where do I get it and what do I need to get it. BTW I don't have winzip.
 BriGer
08-29-2001, 5:52 AM
I had a similar problem on that early mission where you drop off the spice at the viraxo station and run. Emon or whoever would run without getting Aeron and she isn't in her ship! She was in some cargo thing the one time when I just got my friend to beat it for me! The Andrasta docked with a "random?" container and he said he had her. Then it deducted like 1500 points from my friends score when he blew up her old ship just before the Imps arrived. I couldn't win because Emon wouldn't dock before he ran and whenever I blew up her ship it said mission failed. Why did the score go down? Why did the mission fail every other time before? It was my ####ing objective to destroy it. That was patched and I played that level some 20 times when I lost because I blew up the ship, I didn't blow up the ship and Emon didn't dock in time, or Emon crashed into the space station. I couldn't win and it wasn't my fault. My friend was a pro and he mopped up the entire Viraxo squad in half the time it took me and he still just barely made it. That was like the 3rd level! :mad: What's up with that.
 Rogue15
08-31-2001, 2:26 PM
roflol that happened to me the last time 'through' heheheh. no, wait, that was my dad. lol i thought aeron ejected from the ship, and said 'ok you can destroy it now' and he did and failed the mission. i sorta got yelled at. hehehe.
 Pedro The Hutt
08-31-2001, 11:10 PM
lol, clever , really clever ;).
 BriGer
09-01-2001, 4:46 AM
Has anyone else had problems when playing Alliance with a Gravis Gamepad under Windows 2000? My friend can't play his copy like that because the calibration is screwed up, it's funny, he'll be coming straight at you, about to fire a missile, then he'll veer off in a random direction and start spasming. It sucks for him but it's hilarious to watch. luckily it's not his only gamepad. He says it only happens in Windows 2000 but I'm not too clear on the details. Just thought I'd pass that along.
 JediKnight_114[b]
09-01-2001, 6:18 PM
I have a Saitek ST220 digital joystick and Windows 98, and have that same problem periodically, although not as severe as your friend's. Mine jukes around the screen very minorly, just enough to be annoying.
 Rogue15
09-12-2001, 2:17 PM
i have a saitek cyborg 2000. it only jukes around the screen 'cause i had to do little circles on the joystick calibrating setup in order to be able to perfrom sharp turns and stuff. i actually played through the 1st cd w/o messing w/it. i realized what was going on when i played search for the nonnah in rogue squadron.
 BriGer
09-20-2001, 6:53 PM
I first played on his computer and since I was an Xwing and Tiefighter veteran this gave me an early prejudice against the game when I couldn't fight off crap. It's only this game that has problems with it. Never seen anything like it. It doesn't look like a big effect, but just play through a game and you'll know. Yeah, this game relies a lot on your "partners", a bit too much in my opinion.
 BriGer
09-20-2001, 6:56 PM
Oh yeah, not so long ago I had an incident where Olin Garn was meant to cover my back and he got trashed, he wouldn't wait for his shields to come back up, he just charged right in again time after time so he was effectively eliminated for the rest of the mission. Also he flooded my speakers with "Breaking off my attack" every time he did this. That got old fast.
 En Taro Taldarin
10-28-2001, 1:03 AM
Yes, X-Wing Alliance has a lot of bugs, even fully patched.

Remember, whenever you're playing, never trust the AI of your allies. When it comes to fighting, always babysit them (those that must survive in order for you to complete the mission), always make sure you do all the work, and never, I repeat never, trust them to keep you alive. In addition, always double check everything in the mission before you hyper out, or do something that must be done in a chronological order.

When I first played this game, I benenfited because I am a veteran of T.I.E. Fighter and X-Wing, in which you are placed against huge waves of enemies with no, or very little(like one fighter) help. So, I was very used to doing everything myself in XWA.
Page: 1 of 1