Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need tips Confed Last mission

Page: 1 of 1
 MtlHead
06-13-2002, 1:53 AM
Wow, been playing on hard and the computer is owning me.

Only thing I've been able to do is set up 6X turrets underneath 2 sheilds and sit on the defensive. Works for a while, but I quickly run out of resources.

What am I missing? Surely the computer is beatable on this mission, but how?

Thanx in advance,
Allan
 Kryllith
06-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Where are you setting this up? Are you having problems encountering the first base, or is this much further in the map. The republic didn't even try attacking me until I intiated combat (and even then, they never went down to my base...) If you're having troubles getting past the first base, try air cruisers... course if you're really interested in making the first base (and some of the supporting bases) look stupid, just let me know...

Kryllith
 MtlHead
06-16-2002, 1:49 PM
Yeah, I am having problems with the first base. I don't go after them, but sooner or later they come across on of my wokers or such and then they just come after me. They don't destroy much, but I just end up on the defensive and running out of resources that I can reach.

Air cruisers ... lucky if I can build 3-4 of them and then of course the computer just shoots 'em down.
 Kryllith
06-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Heh, they rarely ever leave the base when I'm playing them, how far are you putting your workers out. Anyway, if you want a cheap tip for slaughtering the first base, try this. Use a scout to come up the east side of their base (on the eastern side of the mountain range) then use it to get their attention. They should send troops, smaller mechs, jedis, and possibly assault mechs after it. Avoid their fire and drag their butts up to the upper corner (north west of the bridge with the missile turret by it. You'll find a bunch of broken ground where the lava shoots up if units go over it. Stick your scout behind it and coax your opponent into running its units over it. The computer is rather stupid about this and tends to lose a lot of units this way. If your scout dies, send another one. As soon as you get to tech III, replace your scout with a fighter and continue. Not only will the AA units chase you, but the other units still try to chase the fighter for some odd reason. I managed to kill about 5 assault mechs, numerous jedi, troops, AA, etc in this manner. It's rather cheesy, admittedly (though it only really works at this part of the map). This should keep them off your back (they'll be too busy chasing your fighter) so you can build up an army/air force.

Otherwise, I'd suggest building up a wall and a couple turrets to keep them out of your area. The devastators can wipe out your opponents, but jedis will kill them fairly easily if they get close, so your best bet is to throw up a barrier.

Kryllith
 memezcom
07-08-2002, 4:59 PM
I can relate to your experiences MtlHead! Even sounds as though we did similar things. I built a wall to protect my base, lined it with turrets and had 1 shield generator (not 2) but had a fortress there too. Like you they attacked me out of the blue and just kept coming and coming....Nova and Ore are quickly exhausted so I had a lot of farms at this point. Along with a spaceport I just dug in and everytime I had an opportunity to upgrade something I did so heavy walls became shielded walls etc. I do all the upgrades in the research centre and war centre, so my turrets are able to track and all that lot. At present I have a 'bee in my bonnet' about heavy assault mech so I upgraded this and upgraded anti air troopers. I then was able to generate about 4 or 5 upgraded assaults and about 10 anti-air troopers and I went out the gate but only to the point where I could just see what turned out to be the edge of Republic base 1. I had Tann lurking behind these guys just in case. This allowed me to carry on carbon digging outside of my base and I used power droids rather than cores. My economy then became better balanced (carbon and food anyway) and I ordered additional anti air troopers and assault mechs. At this point I have about 25 anti-air, 10 assaults, tann and I brought the 2 decimators with me now and off I went through the republic bases. After destroying Jedi Temple in base 1 it gives you a holocron, I got a transport to take tann and this back to the fortress to generate Nova and then transport back Tann to my battles. From this point on it became 'routine', just managing economy etc. There's also another holocron on a small island at the very top of the map in the middle so I transported this back to my fortress too (there's no anti-air turrets in the area so it's a freebie...)

How did you do this mission in the end? I'd be interested in other guys approaches to this one for it is tough. It took me 6 hours I think.... Very addictive......:)
 Kryllith
07-08-2002, 11:22 PM
After I wiped out Base One, I build a wall and gate on the western side of the first bridge and stuck a few turrets there and a shield generator. Then I tossed in a couple AA's to keep the fighters off of them. After that I took a few Air Cruisers (think I had 2 or 3) and a bunch of fighters to start my initial leveling of Bases 2 and 3. After a fair number of their ground force had dashed themselves to death at the bridge (or got obliterated by my cruisers) I brought in Tann and the Decimators to clean up. Then I built another wall/gate/turrets section next to the second bridge and finished cleaning up Base Three (repeat). When I got near the end, I build a fortress and pumped out about 6 cannons to take out the long range AA turrets. After the initial long range AA turrets were gone, I moved my cannons up to take out the Fortresses and kept my cruisers in reserve for forces trying to take out my cannons. After defeating the fortresses. I moved the cannons, the cruisers, Tann, the decimators, and any other forces I had scrounging around into the main complex and just blasted away...

Kryllith
 stormtroop
07-10-2002, 10:43 PM
when i played i built 6 fortresses near the my base 20 air turrents and 20 laser turent s + 100 troops to come out incase anything happens and then i got stuck.i need help as well
 Kryllith
07-11-2002, 1:25 AM
Ummm, ow. You built this all near the beginning or throughout the map? I think I only had 2 or 3 fortresses, maybe 8-10 laser turrets, and 1 AA turret (if I built one at all) throughout the entire map.

Kryllith
Page: 1 of 1