Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Swgb 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord JayVizIon
06-12-2002, 11:58 PM
just want to get all of your thoughts here on a possible swgb 2. i know it's way too early to talk about this, but LEC did a pretty good job with galactic battlegrounds. if there was a sequel, what previous or even future rts game would you use as a skeleton, what new civs/units/planet-tilesets would you include and why? feel free to add anything else i may have left out.
 Xirion
06-13-2002, 8:40 AM
New Republic
Imperial Remenant
Yuzhun Vong (sp?)
for new civs
 Compa_Mighty
06-15-2002, 1:44 AM
Mon Cal, Black Sun, Falleen, Trandoshans, Noghri, there are civs missing, and I'd prefer another 2-3 civs in addition to 8 existing ones rather than a new game with 4 civs.
 Darth Windu
06-15-2002, 2:21 AM
Personally, i think they should leave the 8 civ's that already exist, use the Age of Mythology's engine, and make the civs more clearly defined from each other, possibly by adding more unique units or denying some civs standard units (ie no rebel assualt mech)
 Kryllith
06-15-2002, 2:59 AM
Add in multiplayer (co-op and vs.) campaigns/scenarios...

Kryllith
 Jedi Dad
06-16-2002, 8:38 AM
I agree with Darth Windu and Kryllith. Better seperation between the civs would be real nice. Perhaps the rebels should have spies or super scouts or something. And then their is the B-wing... Also, in an age where many companies are going MMORPG where numerious players can team up, not having co-op missions/campaigns in an RTS is just unbelievable. It seems as if every other genre has this but the RTS (sims, sports, FPS, RPG,...)
 Darth Windu
06-17-2002, 1:34 PM
I just took a look at some screenshots from AoM, and now i would really like to see SW:GB 2 based on that engine, just as long as they do it soon after AoM is released, instead of waiting until its obselete before doing anything, as they did with GB.
 Natopo
06-17-2002, 1:48 PM
It would be nice if they used AoM to give the civs a more unique look. Then again, there are those races that I've been dying to use, such as:
Yuuzhan Vong
New Republic
Noghri
Hapans
Smuggler's Alliance
Bothans
Corellians
 EB_7
06-21-2002, 9:29 PM
I would like to see some of the funders of the CIS Involved. Intergalactic Banking Clan, (They have a few nice starships that I've seen.) , Techno Union,(another nice set of starships) and the Commerce Guild.(The spider looking droid is owned by the Commerce Guild, and its called Commerce Droid 81.)
Some other Civs, based on races I would like to see are: Geonosians, (yeah they are in the Confeds Civ now, but I want to see them seperately.)
Kaminoans! (Doh!)
Nautolans (Kit Fiesto, a Jedi Master was shot by Jango Fett off a terrace during the daring rescue of ObiWan, Amidala, and Anakin on Geonosis, he was a Nautolan.)
Kel Dor. (Plo Koon's race.)
The question is, is there enough data on these races and clans to create a whole new Civ? Creative License given to someone could pull it off, eh?

The engine that 'I' would use for a RTS game is Empire Earth.
Maybe the best RTS game ever, second to GB: and the CC add on. (If it weren't Star Wars, It'd just be stupid ole War/Starcraft and you guys know it. :p )
Page: 1 of 1