Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

talkie on floppy

Page: 1 of 1
 larrin
06-12-2002, 5:57 PM
Is there any way to update the floppy version of sam and max to full voice and talk?
 Metallus
06-12-2002, 11:47 PM
You downloaded it, I presume? No, there's no way to upgrade, sorry.
 iisaac
06-13-2002, 10:18 AM
Metallus, there is a way to upgrade. Following these two steps will upgrade any version (even the demo) of Sam & Max Hit The Road to the full talkie version:
Step one:
Install the software. Note the installation path. This information will be needed to accomplish the second step.
Step two:
Install the software from the Sam & Max Hit The Road CD on the same path as the previous installation.
 larrin
06-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Well, my CD is all scratched up and thats why i downloaded it in the first place, but maybe it can read enough of it to install over the floppy one.
 iisaac
06-13-2002, 1:05 PM
You'll need a working version of the CD, so the software can read it while you play. Never mind, though. I don't want to get mixed up in your search for the talkie version beyond this point. I'm sure it was a mistake replying to this post in the first place.
 larrin
06-14-2002, 2:10 PM
i hate you
 sheaday6
06-14-2002, 2:29 PM
we're all sorry to hear that
 YTtheMighty
06-14-2002, 3:21 PM
of all the things I've read from iisaac that one about upgradeing from the CD was by far the most smartass thing I've ever read, I laughed my ass off...

Not sure about Sam and Max, never tried, my CD is in working order, but I know the old sierra CD games had a file that told the path for all the game info, if there is something like that, you could copy all the crap off the cd and change the path to your file on the HDD insted of on the CD, but that is assuming that there is a path file... if not your...you're screwed, sorry, just send LEC you cd and they will more than likely send you a new copy...

WANK
 mxbx
06-15-2002, 1:37 AM
Is it true that not all CD versions of Sam&Max are talkie versions?
 Jake
06-15-2002, 2:07 AM
Maybe not in crazy countries but all the versions I've seen that are on CD have all the voices.

If you truly own the CD and it's all scratched up you can try the following

1) scrub it with toothpaste - this is real, look on google for instructions
2) mail lucasarts your cd and they'll replace it
 SyntheticGerbil
06-16-2002, 2:46 PM
I did search for that Jake and the toothpaste method wasn't very impressive. But what was impressive is that I also found that it is more important to keep scratches off of the top of the cd rather than the bottom. I'm not exactly sure why, but the reasons given were sort of convincing.
Page: 1 of 1