Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

atmosphere thing

Page: 1 of 1
 jlp_89
06-12-2002, 11:21 AM
allright another wierd standered game

i was gungans and i was scouting around and i found a really wierd biulding and turned to mine ( like a ewok hut ) it was called an atmosphere proc center & there was another one to it was an atmosphere something i froget the name. does this do anything?
 Kryllith
06-12-2002, 11:36 AM
You found that in an standard game? It's interesting; I haven't seen them in standard games. I have seen them in a couple of campaign scenarios though (the one where Luke collects the pieces of the jedi artifact and the Wookie bonus mission where you have to build power cores by the atmosphere proc centers.) Don't think they serve any purpose outside of that though.

Kryllith
 DarthMuffin
06-12-2002, 1:18 PM
There are some buldings like that is some maps. For example, there are Tatooine houses on the Mos Espa map. When you get near them, they will turn to you.
 DashRendar
06-12-2002, 2:03 PM
In addition to what Darth said, each Star Wars Locale has its own
"Eye Candy" Kessel's is the Astromeric Things.
 CatholLynAyt
06-12-2002, 6:27 PM
I have always assumed that these buildings offer you some sort of advantage, either in total score or through resource productions, but usually they just turn out to be a pain when your computer opponent attacks them and your alarm keeps going off. or worse, when a krayt dragon or tusk cat attacks them. Does anyone know if there's any reason for me to deploy my military to fend off these advances, or can I just let them be destroyed?
I do like seeing these touches in SW locale-based RM games. It makes me feel more like I'm playing in the SW universe.
 Kryllith
06-12-2002, 7:19 PM
Other than serving as a means to distract the computer in attacking them, the only advantages they offer is visual (i.e. they give you some field of view as to what's going on around them. Course, if you're building near them you could use them as part of a wall (I've done this on occasion.)

Kryllith
 jlp_89
06-13-2002, 9:44 AM
thanks guys, well thats a relief (i deleted that file):o
Page: 1 of 1