Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

stupid cpu

Page: 1 of 1
 jlp_89
06-11-2002, 3:32 PM
i was playing a standered game (my dad wont let me have the internet on my computer). so i was useing my scout to find the enemy base. so i found it and he surrendered right then. i dont know why. can somebody help me with this?:confused:
 Kryllith
06-11-2002, 5:11 PM
Your scout was impressive...most impressive.

There must be a bug or something because this isn't the first time I've heard people having this problem. Something along the lines of if you find their base before they are set up to defend it the opponent takes it as being a military failure and automatically submits (even to a lowly scout). I didn't have this problem when I was just playing around (on the very easy level) but they were at tech 2 or 3 before I started encountering them (asteroids map). When I wiped out their military buildings they pretty much quit on me immediately. Try raising the difficulty a level or two (if possible) and see if that helps.

Kryllith
 Kryllith
06-11-2002, 5:15 PM
BTW, speaking of stupid AI, I "wiped out" 5 or 6 assault mechs, 10 or so jedi knights, numerous strike/destroyer mechs, numerous troops, AA troops, artillery, and AA artillery with a single fighter on the last confederacy mission. This was after I "destroyed" 1 assault mech, a couple jedi, and numerous troops with a scout. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Kryllith
 DarthMuffin
06-11-2002, 6:12 PM
was playing a standered game (my dad wont let me have the internet on my computer). so i was useing my scout to find the enemy base. so i found it and he surrendered right then. i dont know why. can somebody help me with this?

I was playing a standard game against 4 cpus and before I got to tech lvl 2, they all surrendered at the same time. I tried again on a harder diff. lvl and it was fine. I think that when your score is much above their, they surrender.
 TheMadDoofer
06-11-2002, 6:16 PM
Also, if you do not have Clone Campaigns and also do not have the patch for Galactic Battlegrounds, this is more prone to happen.

:fett:
 jlp_89
06-11-2002, 6:18 PM
oh thanks
 Gaming Nut
06-11-2002, 10:00 PM
The only time they've done it to me was after I started a game tutrled my base and watched TV nearby for 3 to 4 hours they finally gave up after I deafeat dozens of attacks the kill ratio was like 2000+ of his men to about 20 of mine.

Not that comps are smart anyway.http://www.mektek.net/ikonboard/uploads/Stupid) comp.jpg
Page: 1 of 1