Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the best use of Jedi Starfighter?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMuffin
06-11-2002, 1:36 PM
Are they only effective against air and workers? They don't seems to be powerfull against troops mechs and hvy weaps...:(
 DashRendar
06-11-2002, 1:52 PM
Well I know when I play against the Gungans I use them against those annoyng Fambas.
 Dagobahn Eagle
06-13-2002, 12:14 AM
No air unit is that powerful, basically; You'll just have to group them and use them for hit-and-fade missions to get results.
 D'Blee
06-13-2002, 1:44 AM
Well, they'll do most troopers in a single hit. But their slow fire rate doesn't do them any favours.

Then again, Jedi Starfighters are not primarily combat craft; that's why you've got the much cheaper fighters. Starfighters are better used in small numbers for TL4 recon...
 Sithmaster_821
06-17-2002, 4:40 AM
I use them for spying and worker killing (but there is not much else you can do)
 simwiz2
06-17-2002, 9:21 AM
well if your opponent has air superiority and they are using air cruisers on you, you can use them to sneak up on the AC's and destroy them. The delay is short enough that unless they have A LOT of fighters right next to the starfighters, there is nothing they can do to save the air cruiser by the time the starfighters uncloak.

and T4 worker killing is the BEST use for them. You can keep that up until your opponent puts sentry posts everywhere (which most people wont until its too late)
Page: 1 of 1