Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shared internet connection

Page: 1 of 1
 tigertaz
06-11-2002, 10:30 AM
I share a cable internet connection (through a router) with another computer in my house. We both can't play in the same game room(either direct connect or throught the zone) with another player. We can play 1 v 1 just fine. . Is there anyway to fix this problem???
 Koenig
06-11-2002, 1:55 PM
I doubt it, a mate of mine has hellish problems with his router.
 WarteX
06-11-2002, 3:03 PM
wot router have u got? 2 of my friends got D-link and they can play on the zone.
 tigertaz
06-12-2002, 12:44 AM
I have a linksys router
 Cray
06-12-2002, 4:37 PM
Interesting...

I have a DSL connection that I share with 3 computers (2 PCs and a Mac) through a Linksys router. None are the computers are networked (in that they share files or anything like that). I tried (for the hell of it) to install GB on both computers the other night and try a LAN game and was shocked to see that it worked perfectly.

I was really surprised that it did.
 bossnas
06-18-2002, 11:13 PM
i'm finding it impossible to host an internet game and suspect that my firewall is the cause. does anyone know which port # i need to open to get this to work?

cheers
 riza
06-19-2002, 12:59 AM
im trying to find the port too, havint the same problem b/c im on a lan, lan games work fine but i need to open the port i think so i can play over the internet.
Page: 1 of 1