Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

download sam and max

Page: 1 of 2
 larrin
06-10-2002, 9:04 PM
Anyone know where to download the full version of Sam and Max? My CDs all scratched up and al i can find is the spanish version. :( Someone please help me!!!!!!! (Sobs uncontrolably)
 sheaday6
06-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Don't bother

1. Thats illegal
2. If you do find a full version, it won't have the speech
3. You can probably just use a file sharing program ... but you didn't hear it from me *wink wink*
 Jake
06-11-2002, 12:17 AM
If you really own the CD and it is truly scratched, I bet you can mail it to LucasArts and they'll replace it. For proof you should take a look at this (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/site/resource.php?feature=/features/micoupon/micoupon).

If you're just looking for a bootleg copy and you don't actually own it, maybe you should ask somewhere else. Heh. That or someone who isn't me will contact you in private about it and I will be bothered by it.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-11-2002, 4:27 AM
I don't understand why people actually bother asking this question. Does anyone ****ing realize that Lucas Arts still offers services concerning their older games? I mean, you can still pretty much buy everything they have from 1990 and on from Lucas Arts. How could you possibly only find the Spanish version?
 larrin
06-11-2002, 1:51 PM
I tried morpheus and winmx and I couldnt get it. I havent tried sending the CD back to them though. And I do have the CD!!!
 millclose
06-15-2002, 12:18 PM
If Lucasarts supply the older games, why dont they have X-wing, Tie-fighter in th e graphically updated version? I wish they would, I want to play them desprately
 Shmargin
06-16-2002, 8:56 AM
I might have those somewhere in the original box....I have alot of my old computer games still *looks at shelf with the floppy disc and talkie versions of Sam and Max, and Day Of The Tentical, and Fate Of Atlantis, and all the Monkey Island games*...ah...such fond memories...

Why doesnt Lucas release another point and click game? I cant be the only one that thinks thats best damn system for adventure games. I mean, they could even do fancy ass 3d graphics still, just make it point and click (anyone play Blade Runner?). THAT would rock. Like, I think I would like the latest Monkey Island game a billion times more, if it looked the same as now, only with point and click interface. Somone should try to mod it or something, heh, but I picture that being insanly hard.

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS LUCAS ARTS! AND SIERRA! DO POINT AND CLICK! DO IT IN 2D! DO IT IN 3D! JUST DO IT!
 Schmatz
06-16-2002, 10:13 AM
We all can wish. We all can sign petitions. But, in all honesty, it's not gonna do a damn thing. Lucasarts is turning slowly into another company that is just expanding their ways, i.e. going to more console gaming besides mainly PC (Just take a look at their E3 line-up...all the games coming out for PC are also coming out for consoles), and nothing is going to make them go back to point and click... considering that's not too easy to do in 3D, AND it would be incredibly hard to work with if they convert it for console games as well. We all know obviously that the new Sam and Max game won't be point and click, just because it is so much easier to do it the EMI way on the XBox. I'm just hoping that Simon Jeffrey's plans for the classic games online comes into play soon, so we won't have anymore sound problems :D , because then we can enjoy the classic point and click games whenever we want.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-16-2002, 3:10 PM
I don't know anything about Star Wars games, but they have X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter. I'm not sure about what version you want.

And I think they sell every adventure game they're ever made judging by this list:

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/windows/classics.htm)

As for the whole point and click controversy. I like Lucas Arts new keyboard system. I like it a lot in fact. I think it's very superior and more involving than just a mouse. I do like how it's used in Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island. Maybe it's because these games are more action oriented in their own ways. I'd rather run Guybrush up to a monkey, watching the camera views change, and interact with it instead of me clicking what I want to do with the monkey and wait for Guybrush to walk over there and do it. Of course... I'm not sure how this will work out with games such as Sam and Max or maybe Leisure Suit Larry. I couldn't imagine Sam running around so much other than to chase a criminal/innocent. Sam and Max was always much more slower paced than the aforementioned games because they are police doing detective work and what not. Not to say that mowing down pedestrians with the Desoto wouldn't also be fun.

I can say the only downsides of 3D are that some companies don't know how to make art with polygons (cough... Guybrush's hair) and that I'll never be able to see hand drawn backgrounds again.
 CxRx
06-17-2002, 12:55 PM
I got the whole game off kazaa. Its 8mb but it doesent have speech.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-17-2002, 4:17 PM
It's so funny. I'm watching capitalism eat itself right before my very eyes.
 iisaac
06-17-2002, 5:25 PM
No, SyntheticGerbil, this doesn't affect capitalism to the least bit. The capitalists are making a huge fuss over piracy when it's not a serious problem for them. If threatened, they will fill the market with propietory media playing devices with on-chip anti-piracy hardware. They can crush, sometimes legally, any company that does not cooperate. All of this noise over piracy is propaganda, on the one hand to look as if they have the artists' best interest, and on the other to divert our attention from the notion that the real problem is the unenforcable law. Instead, they're making more unenforcable laws. However, they seem to be catching the drift (http://www.listen.com) that the internet could be a huge radio with user-managed programming. You can be positive that capitalism is nowhere near its downfall. The market can't take down capitalism.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-18-2002, 8:08 AM
I guess I'm a victim of propaganda them. Not that I have anything against piracy, but I really wish something would hurry up and kick start the ruin of this country.
 JR2000Z
06-18-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by sheaday6
1. Thats illegal

I don't think its illegal if you actually legally have the game then download it.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-19-2002, 12:22 PM
It would still be illegal. Legality isn't a matter of opinion.
 Acrylic
06-20-2002, 9:30 AM
No, its about jo mama.
 sam&maxballa629
06-23-2002, 6:20 AM
i could burn the copy i have and mail it to you. i dont really care if u say its illegal. does anyone know where i can download at least a demo of sack mckracken? :yodaball:
*UHH.............................................. .............................................YEAH*
 YTtheMighty
06-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

True, the opinion of the law!
Example:

Officer: Sir you know why I pulled you over?
Guy: No sir...
Officer: you were doing 90 in a school zone!
Guy: We are on the Interstate...
Officer: Bull****, I said you did 90 in a school zone!
Guy: yes officer.

Guy gets a $300 ticket, Officer gets a commision...
 larrin
06-25-2002, 11:40 PM
asfasdfasdfasdf
 sheaday6
06-25-2002, 11:51 PM
hey, good idea, lets post our adress on the internet.

you could have at least e-mailed him
 YTtheMighty
06-26-2002, 12:06 AM
lets all teach him a lesson and put him on as many mailing lists as we can...
 Nigel_pk
06-27-2002, 6:36 AM
while we're at it, my social security number is *insert bogus number here*

And about legalities, screw capitalism (let it eat itself) and stick with your own convoluted sense of morality. Whatever you think is right. Get the bloody game.
 SyntheticGerbil
06-28-2002, 6:27 AM
I didn't say stealing was wrong. But let's remember that Steve does get royalties no doubt for every Sam and Max game bought. If some grimy **** was ripping off my creations I'd be a bit pissed off. This kind of theft is more of a lack of appreciation than going to a grocery store and stealing batteries.

And yeah Larrin, posting your address... you are one stupid mother ****er.
 Skinkie
06-29-2002, 1:11 AM
Ok, so I've got him signed up for some new credit cards, a fruit of the month club, and the gay and lesbian alliance using just his address.... any more suggestions?
 sheaday6
06-29-2002, 5:44 AM
stick some religious pamphlets in there
 YTtheMighty
07-01-2002, 3:05 AM
yeah get him some Quaker, oops I mean Friends of Christ and J..Iahova's Wittness Pamplets and of Course some of those cool Mormon Pamplets and videos...
 scabb
07-10-2002, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by Shmargin
GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS LUCAS ARTS! AND SIERRA! DO POINT AND CLICK! DO IT IN 2D! DO IT IN 3D! JUST DO IT!

Point and Click in 3D?
They'd have to invent a new mouse!
 scabb
07-10-2002, 5:03 PM

The law does state that you are allowed to make a backup of any software you have, and it's legal to download ROMs & Emulators as long as you don't get them from the same website (then the website would be breaking the law) and as long as you own the original game.

Did Sam & Max come out on the Amiga?
Because if it did, you could simply download an emulator and a rom.

And if I have ACTUALLY BOUGHT a game, I think I am entitled to download a copy if the original stops working - I'm not harming Lucas Arts.

I'm not saying piracy is a good thing, but I do think everybody that's complaining about it has double standards, because who hasn't downloaded an mp3 (Even just to preview a CD) or some other file illegally? And if you answer that with a claim that you haven't, then:

a) You are a liar.
b) You are spoiled, you have too much stuff.
c) You are too rich. Donate money to charity or me.

I didn't say stealing was wrong. But let's remember that Steve does get royalties no doubt for every Sam and Max game bought. If some grimy **** was ripping off my creations I'd be a bit pissed off.

Not if you already have the game.
I bet Steve doesn't really care, because he knows that every game is pirated, and probably has enough money as it is.
If he was a struggling artist, then that would be a valid point, but he's not. And he'll soon make some more money from the new Sam & Max game.
 scabb
07-10-2002, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by Skinkie
Ok, so I've got him signed up for some new credit cards, a fruit of the month club, and the gay and lesbian alliance using just his address.... any more suggestions?

PR0N

His mummy won't be happy when he get's filthy, hot steaming piles of pr0n shoved through his letterbox!
 Andrei
07-11-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by scabb

Point and Click in 3D?
They'd have to invent a new mouse!

I take it you haven't played that last Gabriel Knight game. I only played the demo, but the whole point and click in 3D thing seemed to work there.

To be honest, though, I share SyntheticGerbil's opinion on the keyboard setup.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-11-2002, 8:45 PM
The thing is... as long as this small small community has existed. We never seem to get enough of the sob stories about some individuals game messing up and that they need a free copy. I don't believe this guy has the game. Because if he had the game, he could have simply looked in the manual and find out that LucasArts could replace the CD for a lower price than new with the right amount of information supplied. I had to do this with one game and it only cost me five bucks.

But I guess if he can find the game on the internet and he does have a copy, that's great.

And when piracy occurs in any type of media, I guess the person either purchases the product after pirating or doesn't. It was bound to happen either way. As you were saying, true, Mr. Purcell probably isn't starving... but I still wouldn't appreciate such a thing if I were living off of my creativity.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-11-2002, 8:49 PM
Oh, and the Gabriel Knight game...

I guess it worked alright, but it was frustrating to me at times. I don't think it was the engine though, rather the awful landscapes and polygon trees.

But hey, it's proof that the story CAN make the game worthwhile.
 scabb
07-12-2002, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by Andrei

I take it you haven't played that last Gabriel Knight game. I only played the demo, but the whole point and click in 3D thing seemed to work there.

That's not really 3D though, you can only move the mouse pointer through 2 dimensions
 Jester
07-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Having the pointer move farther away from you might get odd.
 Skinkie
07-12-2002, 1:12 PM
Think of it this way people, no matter what the graphics look like, the screen is still a 2D environment. You could make point and click games for it still even if they are "3D" Imagine Escape From Monkey Island, only instead of moving Guybrush around with the jeyboard or whatever, they justed slapped a mouse cursor over top of it. It would have worked just as easily as it did in CMI, the style of graphics would have been the only difference.
 mxbx
07-12-2002, 6:10 PM
Eat it fancily, dog boy!! Are you so bold as to believe that noone already knew that? Again I say, eat it fancily!
 SyntheticGerbil
07-12-2002, 9:43 PM
Actually from what I can remember, almost every adventure game is in 3D anyway.

It was so cool to move Leisure Suit Larry to the front of the screen and watch him resize his pixels to give you a feeling of depth! WOW!
 Jake
03-02-2003, 2:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Steve didn't actually get royalty money from Hit The Road. I know Tim Schafer went on record at some point saying "go ahead and pirate Monkey Island, we don't see a dime from it anymore!" Sam & Max games might be different since Steve owns the characters, but who knows.
 Jim Starluck
03-13-2003, 8:13 PM
Umm...I know this isn't the best place to ask about downloads or stuff...but...

Does anybody know where I could find a copy of just the theme song from the cartoon series? It's been stuck in my head all week and it's driving me crazy...(well okay, Sam & Max in general did that, but this is especially annoying :p)
 The Dogfuchow
07-13-2003, 8:21 PM
The game is also dirt cheap, and if you're really a cheap bastard you can find it in eBay quite simply.

It's most trouble to find a place to download it than spend 3 dollars.
 Setion
07-14-2003, 6:30 AM
Dude, you just ressurrected a live post from a quite dead forum.
***That can't be backwards, because it doesn't work the other way around!!!! BWhahaha.***

You are fuxored (when someone in power actually sees and decides they should care, depending on the time of month)
 Max is my Hero
07-18-2003, 11:00 AM
i downloaded it and it had the voices and i was really sad because the voices didnt work and the original version i bought was the floppy disc version on pc. I used scumm and it works! WAYHEY
 larrin
07-18-2003, 7:51 PM
Why are people still posting here? I gave up looking a long time ago, and I still have a very scratched and unusable CD. I just tried a program to copy the CD to the computer, and it took four hours, and then said the copy was unusable, stupid program.... I did find a site that had it on an FTP, but it was slow beyond what I was ready to stand, I was lucky to get 300 bytes/sec.
 Max is my Hero
07-18-2003, 10:01 PM
get emule. theres a link for it there, get top speeds. its about 170 meg. took me a few hours. well worth it.
 mercatfat
07-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey, ever notice the rules and that we don't want you discussing pirating episodes of the show? Yeah. BANNED!
 larrin
07-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Who said anything about episodes from the show? And anyway, even if you can find the episodes, who wants to order them from some place you've never heard of?
 mercatfat
07-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Rule #1, in the stuck thread called, oddly enough, Attention all new people and regulars: New rules as of 9-20-02.

"-Don't ask for episodes of the TV show"

You should have enough common sense to know that this means not to talk about piracy of the show. Do it in PMs or AIM or whatever, just not here, because we don't advocate it.
 larrin
07-20-2003, 1:50 AM
I didn't ask for any episodes of the show, and as for the rule about asking for copies of the game, I already did paid for it, I want to get another one, because I don't want to pay $20, or buy it from some guy on eBay. I don't consider it illegal, since I already have it.
 sheaday6
07-20-2003, 4:16 AM
you're my friend, larrin.
 larrin
07-20-2003, 1:24 PM
Why are you so annoying? Some questions don't have answers.
Page: 1 of 2