Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newb

Page: 1 of 1
 GendoTheGreat
06-09-2002, 10:12 PM
Hi, new guy here. I've been registered for awhile but never made a post before. I can't really think of anything important to say, but I would like to congratulate the author of the GF Novel on a stellar job. The name meddling monk is in his email address and I saw a meddling monk posting on here, so I assume he is here? Anyway, I was a little dubious when I first started it (the novel) but I ended up liking it so much I started over from the beginning as soon as I finished it, and have read it many times since then. It's beutifully done. Anyway, like I said, I'm new here so someone is gonna have to fill me in about what goes on here, like what you guys like to talk about specifically, how many people hang around here, stuff like that. And be sure to let me know if this post is too huge or anything, and if no-one knows or cares what I'm talking about, then tell me that too. As long as I know. (very important!)

Cheers, and thanks :)
 Tall Guy
06-09-2002, 10:24 PM
ok here are the rules:

1)Welcome to the community, show how much u love us by sticking around and posting at every oportunity!:)

2)(See Rule 1)

---------------

That about wraps it up! Hello and welcome, dont be shy...JOIN US! heh
 MeddlingMonk
06-10-2002, 1:10 AM
Yep, I'm the same guy. And there are a couple of rules about me: 1) I'm weird and hard to take sometimes, 2) but don't really mean any harm. ;)

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone reading the novel more than once. It's...interesting. Not quite sure what to make of it. :cool: If you haven't yet, check out the 'new story tease' thread in Blue Casket.

And don't sweat what goes on here. We don't know, either.
 Tall Guy
06-10-2002, 12:28 PM
I first read the novel about a year ago i think, and i've just finished reading it for a second time, about 2-3 days ago. i still love it. And i still say if we cant have a sequal to GF, another novel would be just as good!
 MeddlingMonk
06-11-2002, 11:16 PM
Well, one's coming. Absolutely no promises on when.
 Tall Guy
06-13-2002, 1:15 PM
but when?..eh? when?...WHEN?!?!
 MeddlingMonk
06-13-2002, 11:18 PM
WHEN SATAN SKATES TO WORK!!!! :swear:

;)
 Tall Guy
06-14-2002, 5:18 PM
oh my word.:eek: :(
 MeddlingMonk
06-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Which word is that, then? :D

But, seriously, I have no clue when I'll be finished. Although the plot is all mapped out (has to be 'cause it's a detective story), the actual writing is full of unexpected twists and turns. Characters don't always do what you expect (which was a real **** on the novelization, trying to keep it from wandering off course). I'm having a little trouble right now because of a big blow-up between my private dick and the official DOD investigator. I like the idea of what happened, but I can't see very clearly yet how to make it work out right.
 Thrik
06-15-2002, 12:05 AM
Why hello there.
 Tall Guy
06-15-2002, 11:43 AM
Hola Thrik! :)

Glad to see you're working on another novel Monk ;) i look forward to it :P I'm sure u'll find a way around the problems u have at the moment.
 GendoTheGreat
06-16-2002, 7:40 AM
Mr MeddlingMonk sir, if anyone can shoulder the dizzying resposiblilty of a Grim continuation, it is you my friend. (and possibly, the games creators.)Remember, we are all trusting you not to turn our most beloved of all fables into a cheap gratuity. I know where you live, man. Not specifically, but I have it narrowed down to a choice of three countries. Yeah. So watch it. Now what was I talking about? Nevermind, I am going to sleep! Hurrah!
 MeddlingMonk
06-16-2002, 8:41 AM
Originally posted by GendoTheGreat
So watch it.

Who do you think you're threatening, you spotty little punk? Cross me and I'll reach down your throat and...ooooh! That dog has a puffy tail! Here puff! Here puff! Hee hee hee hee! ;P
 Schmatz
06-16-2002, 9:28 AM
You're lucky... his ADD kicked in :p
 King Andrei
06-16-2002, 6:49 PM
Welcome!
 GendoTheGreat
06-16-2002, 8:14 PM
Its not ADD, its alzheimers you stupid rock. pink fade asparagus .What? Bldsgmkllgssskzcj kjcxzzzzzzzzzz/;vz
 atinymonkey
06-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if Lucus Arts would let the licence out for GF? They let out all the Star Wars ones.

I mean, if we could get them to agree that it was possible to release the licence to a 3rd party, well, all that's needed then is a developer.

To be honest I know quite a few who would be interested. It's better than creating Generic FPS #342 for the PS2.

I'd make it myself if I wasn't lazy and comfortable with UAT/FAT testing.
 Tall Guy
06-22-2002, 2:07 AM
if LEC realeased the licence then i think its safe to say that GF would be destroyed, the new developers just wouldnt be able to produce a game that could live up to the original. I'm even doubting whether LEC could live up to themselfes right now. :(
 King Andrei
06-22-2002, 5:02 PM
Dude, welcome to the forums. It's cool here on LucasForums. Be sure to stop by EscapeMI.com or GalaticBattles.;)

Okay, here's something about me:

1) I talk to everyone about everything. (If they want of course)

2) I got an unstable personality:

I can be from extremly nice to extremly bad.
I can be from extremly serious to extremly stupid.

3) I get VERY nasty at language when I get the chance. (ex: Forum Troublemakers)

4) I'm not too young for anything.

5) I'm like this in real life too.

6) I got my pic on my avatar.
 GendoTheGreat
06-22-2002, 11:10 PM
Thank you everyone, for your warm and friendly reception! I'm so glad to find such an easy-going bunch. Many are the times I have been told I would never be accepted anywhere, that I would be despised and hated everywhere I went, that I would die cold and lonely. Well what do you have to say now Mother, Father? You were wrong! I hope its nice and hot down there!

Cheers guys, you're the greatest!:D :D *twitch, twitch*
 Gexx
06-22-2002, 11:59 PM
eep. :D
 MasterD-LayAmas
06-23-2002, 3:05 AM
Welcome, by the way I'm new too.:)
 Tall Guy
06-23-2002, 5:15 AM
well then welcome,:D its good to see lots of new people finally finding the forums again. We had a dry period for a while but i think things are pickin up again now. The downtime at Mojo hit hard i guess.

make sure u new guys stick around so we can build the GF community back up to what it once was!

great to see u all, and WELCOME!!:D
 GendoTheGreat
06-23-2002, 7:39 AM
I can't figure out how to edit my details. Can anyone tell me how? I want to add a nifty avatar and a sig. Then I will be truly l33t, and will rule much a$$! :cool:
 Gexx
06-23-2002, 9:29 AM
at the top under options click "Your Control Panel"
 GendoTheGreat
06-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Dudes, check out my sweet new avatar! (thanks for the tip Gexx buddy!) Its an Eva ava. (Get it? eva ava? Hee hee, ho ho!) It's a little rough right now, but I'll fix that when I find a program that reduces bitmaps a little better. And when I think of something memorable to say (or at least unoffensive) I'll have a sig. too! Meh, whatever.
Page: 1 of 1