Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP!!!I need good stratagies for winning multiplayer games!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 cowpigman3
06-09-2002, 7:27 PM
I mainly use the galactic empire. What should I do to start off?
 Kryllith
06-10-2002, 6:14 PM
Chop wood, farm, build houses and workers...

Militarily speaking though, you might want to play around a bit and find out if you're better at rushing or defending (I prefer defending my first couple techs then hitting people with preliminary air to mess up their economy). If you've played mainly the computer you might want to be flexible in your tactics. This is especially true in defense since the computer isn't not really known for dropping assault mechs into your base with air transports. Human players are more likely to use a basic plan of attack and then juggle when necessary instead of just throwing themselves endlessly against your walls...

Kryllith
 duder
06-11-2002, 7:33 AM
Concentrate on getting yuor economy up to speed.

Here is the build order you should follow.

With the three workers build two houses.
In your command centre use your 200 food to build four workers.
If there are nerfs/bantha, then with the three workers who built the houses, build a nursery, and place the nerfs in it.(only do this in the expansion pack, if you are referring to the normal game then eat the nerf/bantha).
Keep pumping workers out onto food until you have 10 workers all on food.
Then make 5 workers onto the carbon near by your command centre.
Next 5 on food, next 5 on carbon.
When you have 100 carbon build a carbon centre near alarge carbon area.
When you have 25 workers (10 on carbon 15 on food) and 500 food go up to tech 2.

Never have any idle workers.

Never have your command centre idle (alweays have workers being made).

Make your workers more efficient by building the relevant centre close to what they are collecting.
 jlp_89
06-11-2002, 10:22 AM
thanks that helped:band:
 Grey_Leader11
06-16-2002, 12:43 PM
advance fast and built an army 2 kill ur opp.s quick
 Kryllith
06-18-2002, 12:42 AM
Depends on what you mean by advance fast. You can royally screw yourself over if you advance too fast and don't have the workers to keep your economy flowing. No point in jumping straight to tech II or III if you can't generate the resources to take advantages of the new tech. Of course, there will be times when you feel the need to jump to a new tech fast to deal with an opponent (when an opponent hits tech III, for example, it helps to be tech III as well to better counter air/artillery).

Kryllith
Page: 1 of 1