Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Paying??

Page: 1 of 1
 TyRaNis
06-09-2002, 2:24 PM
If I have Cable ADSL Internet, can i then pay 30 - 40$ and then have unlimited play-time??

And... How can i be 100% sure that nobody takes my -bank code-??

Sorry if the words arent coorect "spelled"!!
 Gaelin Masek
06-09-2002, 2:54 PM
Man you have awful spelling :)

Unlimited play-time? What the hell are you talking about? You can play however much you want already.

Just give them the $10 a month, Ј6 for me, and you can play the game.

And they will take your bank code, thats how they get the money :p. You mean so they don't use it for anything else?

Well they are a well known company, just keep checking your bank statements etc. If they are charging you more than the written amount then... take em' to court :)

But trust me, it won't happen... well... trust them.

Besides, they will be makin' enough god-damn money out us. They don't NEED to steal it, we're givin' it to em'. :)
 TyRaNis
06-09-2002, 3:42 PM
What i mean with "Unlimited playtime" is, if i have ADSL will and i

pay 40$, will i then be able to play as long as i want without

paying no more????

Tnx for the other answers!!!! ;)
 Koffin
06-09-2002, 3:55 PM
the amount you pay for an internet connection will have nothing to do with the amount you are charge monthly to play the game.
So you will still be charged the subcription price for the game.
 TyRaNis
06-09-2002, 4:08 PM
I'm not sure i understod that!!

Listen here...... Try this Link!!!

http://www.swgalaxies.net/articles/article.php3?article_id=5)

If I remember correctly there stands

Bandwith And then : To connect to this page, and other webpages across the Internet, you must pay an Internet Service Provider a certain fee for the connection, or “bandwidth”. In most places, this fee is usually from $15-20 a month for dial-up ISPs and $30-$40 for Cable or ADSL, usually for unlimited service.

Explain to me!!!
 Gaelin Masek
06-09-2002, 4:38 PM
Tyranis it is using the idea of ADSL/Cable to show you how their servers work.

Its just an example, **** nobody would pay that much to play this game.

Don't worry about it mate, its $10 a month.
 TyRaNis
06-09-2002, 5:55 PM
NOW i think i got the point!!!:D

Okay... Don't get pissed of if i come with a stupid question now but....... Does that mean I HAVE to pay 10$ a month or can I pay 30 - 40$ and then I don't have to pay anymore??

Example 1): If i Pay 10$ a month. That will be 120$ for a year.

Example 2): I pay 30 - 40$ ONCE and then i dont have to pay anymore!!! EVER!!!!

What is right??

Don't get pissed of!! :rolleyes: :)
 setsuko
06-09-2002, 7:32 PM
No, you can't pay once for a 'lifetime subscription'. And don't worry, noone makes sense all the time. That's why living isn't boring as hell! You have to work harder than that to piss me off :)
 Gaelin Masek
06-09-2002, 8:13 PM
LoL, that goes for me too :)

Don't worry about it Tyranis, its good to find out about price things such as this. Before making any commiments.
 setsuko
06-09-2002, 9:03 PM
After all, it's not a stupid question, since there is no info on how much it will cost yet. Though, since Verant is involved, guesses that compares with EQ would be propable, and they would lose customers to all other great MMORPGs thats coming up (AC2, WoW, SB et al) if they put a too steep prize tag on their product.
 Juztyn
06-10-2002, 12:33 AM
I think you're getting confused between the cost of your ISP and the cost of the game. You already pay your ISP to connect to the internet. The cost of playing Star Wars Galaxies is above and beyond that. You'll need to buy the game, first, for about $50. After that, there's a monthly fee to actually play it. Probably about $10-$15.
 JekRendar
06-10-2002, 1:46 AM
Ok, everyone calm down!

Ty, you pay $50 for the game, right?

You pay $10-13 a month for the monthly fee (except the first month which is usually free)

You CAN NOT get a lifetime subscription!

You can play online as long as LEC is allowed to take money out of your account, understood?

Don't worry citizens, I have saved the day!!!
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 5:45 AM
i pay 25 Euro a month for my ADSL connection. and with that i can internet as much as i want.

but to play this game.. i have to first buy it for like 45 Euro.. and then pay 10 Euro a month to play it.

:D :D :D :D :D

-Wraith 8-
 TyRaNis
06-10-2002, 9:03 AM
NOW i got the point!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 9:13 AM
so just to be sure,.,... the 25 Euro i always have to pay for my internet connection....... and if i also want to play SWG .. i have to pay 10 euro a month for the game.... this is ON TOP of the 25 i have to pay... so for me th costs would be 35 Euro a month.. fo internet AND SWG.. ok? :D

-Wraith 8-
 Zenofex
06-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Guyz... i think what TyRaNiS is also trying to say is that he wants to know if he has to pay for a month at a time or you can save money if you are sure you want to play for like a year, you can save money and pay for the whole year ONCE.
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Zenofex
Guyz... i think what TyRaNiS is also trying to say is that he wants to know if he has to pay for a month at a time or you can save money if you are sure you want to play for like a year, you can save money and pay for the whole year ONCE. hmmm i dont know.. i never played a MMORPG before.. i dont know how it is.. i thiought you needed a creditcard and pay by month... that is what i thougth..
 setsuko
06-10-2002, 2:29 PM
Most companies let you pay for 1 month, 3 months, or 6 month each time. For instance, DAoC gets $1/month cheaper if you pay for 3 months at the same time, and $2/month cheaper if you pay for half a year at the same time. This is usual business in close to every MMORPG I know of.
 Gaelin Masek
06-10-2002, 2:56 PM
How much do you guys think it will be?

I hope $10, I could possibly push my parents up to $15. But any further than that I would have to get a job of my own just to play the damn game.
 setsuko
06-10-2002, 3:31 PM
Well, my guess is 13-14 bucks, since thats the high end prize of the market right now. With eventual fee deduction (paying for 3 month then. I would not pay for 6 months), it would be 12-13. Thats not too upsetting for my economy.

If we enter some weird portal, and land in HappyLand, there will be some pricemongering at the end of this year and the following months, since the second generation MMORPGs will start to fight over the people who will start leaving older games, like UO, EQ and AC. This would keep the price down a little. Think in the spirit of the recent console war, when both Xbox, ps2 and gamecube got their price tags down by as much as a third.

Don't expect the new games selling at 5 bucks a month, that is impossible, but hopefully it will keep them from daring to cross the magic $15/month border.
Page: 1 of 1