Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Twi'Lek Droid builder

Page: 1 of 1
 Legacy_Of_Sith
06-09-2002, 4:01 AM
I wanna be a criminal twilek droid builder who gets his droids to do the fighting for him. :bdroid2:
 Koffin
06-09-2002, 6:22 AM
I wonder what the droid cap will be...
 TyRaNis
06-09-2002, 7:06 AM
After what i have heard, it isnt possible to make Combat/Battle Droids!!

I'm only 55% sure about this!!!
 Gaelin Masek
06-09-2002, 7:41 AM
I think they are trying to get the setting across to us, Battle Droids are obselete. The emphasis is more on human combat, hence why the only 'Battle droid' I can think of in Episodes 4 - 6 is that Bounty hunter thing...... IG-88?
 setsuko
06-09-2002, 7:12 PM
Well, there might be a way to manufacture droids that can fight. Though, I have heard little or nothing about droids in SWG this far. Anyone heard of a list of planned droids?

Most possible IMHO would be astromechs (to do technical duties), protocols (to communicate with other languages) and those funky battery droids, oh how I love them! I challange thee, all who fancies themselves future droidmakers, to construct me a battery droid! I'll make you an offer you can't refuse! :D

Or should I have two? Decisions, decisions.

EDIT:

The battery droids rule. It's in the way they talk, a-talk talk, and in the way they walk, a-walk walk. Yes, those boxes with two legs. Yup, tortured in Jabba's Palace. They are da ****.
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 6:08 AM
uhmm.. i believ there will also be med droids.. IG-88 will be part of the game (see screens shots at lucas arts.com)
and i believe (not sure) there will be droids that can PROTECT you...
 Andrew Past
06-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
IG-88 will be part of the game.

That pain in the ass is going to be in SWG...damn...
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 11:20 AM
yep.... go here:
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/gallery.htm)

click on the "models" picture.... and i think it is pic 5 or 6 ... there you have him... IG-88
 Andrew Past
06-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Damn, I hope he is not much tougher(or smarter)than in Star Wars:Shadows of the Empire, because there is not always a corner that you can hide in, like in that game.
 Zendjir
06-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Yeah, IG-88 outsmarted Boba good ;) However, Slave I could take a beating, IG-88's ship couldn't....end of story.

And 4-LOM is a battledroid too.

But in the comics (I read alot of SW-comics) there arn't much battledroids, maybe they are forbidden by the empire?

Speaking about droids, where is dartmaxx, our PA droidbuilder?
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 12:52 PM
maybe he is making designes of his droids already :D
 RoyalGuard
06-10-2002, 2:10 PM
and those funky battery droids

The best thing about those power droids is the despairing 'gonk' sound they make when you run them through with a sabre in JK2...

On the subject of battle droids, they have fallen into disuse in the classic era (i.e. when SWG is set) not for any legal reasons, but because Stormtroopers and other organics are better than any affordable mass-produced droid. That means that there should be room for players to create very tough custom battle droids for use as bodyguards/bounty hunting partners (a la 4-Lom, IG-88etc.) That's just my take on it though, it's up to the devs whether or not they include it...
 Bobo Fart
06-22-2002, 9:38 PM
A Good 'Ol Bobo Fart Bobodate

5.16 Does the crafting system allow you to make droids?

Yes, the crafting system is designed to allow players to build droids and droid components including chassis, motivators, sensors, and electronics. Players can build their droids for one of three specific fields: service, technical, or combat.

Service droids assist players in every day tasks including serving food and drink, translating, and bearing burdens. Technical droids assist in the construction, repair and maintanence of items, vehicles and structures. Combat droids can be equipped with weapons and programmed to fight for their owner.

Taken from the Official website's FAQ
 Andrew Past
06-22-2002, 9:52 PM
Xizor from Black Sun had a bunch of battle droids in Shadows of the Empire, and at the end of this one level there was a 30' tall 'Glaiator' droid with a ranged constant laser beam, flame throwers, pulse gun, and rapid fire seeker missiles with damn tough armor to boot(it could withstand mutiple direct disruptor blasts). So I wouldn't call battledroids obsolete just yet.
 Ulic Quel Droma
06-22-2002, 9:52 PM
Droidakas are in it.
 setsuko
06-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I saw those droideka models too.
Page: 1 of 1