Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star wars humor

Page: 1 of 1
 DudEhead
06-07-2002, 6:35 PM
don't know if there's already a thread bout this but didn't see it so HERE (http://www.headdown.net/starwars.wmv) it is... it's something of the conan o'brien show, some dog interviewing sw fans at aoc premiere
 TyRaNis
06-07-2002, 8:15 PM
Hellooooo DudEhead glad your back!!!

:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:
 Jan Gaarni
06-07-2002, 9:13 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!!! http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/Bizkit/sweat.gif) http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif) http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/ruinkai/biglaugh.gif)

Oh my God!!!

That was so good. Those not yet seen this, click to watch it. I guarantee you'll love it. :D

Dog: "Star Wars Trivia, people!"
Dog: "What the substance was Han Solo frozen in?"
Crowd: "CARBONITE!!!"
Dog: "No, no, I'm sorry, very sorry. The correct answer is: Who gives a f***!" http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/Bizkit/sweat.gif)
 Lord Helmet
06-08-2002, 1:04 AM
and which one of these buttons calls your mother to pick you up?
 Koffin
06-08-2002, 3:11 AM
THATS BS!!!!!!!!

Dogs cant really talk...
Can they?
 Sonterra
06-08-2002, 3:54 AM
Funny Stuff, I cryed laughing....
 Tobrac
06-08-2002, 8:44 AM
LOL

That ruled :D
Hehe......specially that 'last bit with that Star Trek guy...:D
 Ascari
06-08-2002, 9:06 AM
Star trek roelz !!

FOR ME TO POOP ON !!!
(c) Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

moehaha :)

I've seen a lot of Triumph the insult comic dogs already, he's great :)

the StarWars one is one of hi's finest :)
 Zendjir
06-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Hilarious!

Oh, and remind me to kill myself if I ever become that much of a star-wars nerd, ok? :D
 Ascari
06-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Those same people will be playing SWG as well...

umg :)

Now I understand who's behind those Jedi Wannabees users...

:cool:
 setsuko
06-09-2002, 7:22 PM
It's cool, Zendjir. If I marry in a SW outfit, you kill me, and if you marry in a SW outfit, I kill you. Deal? And make it painful. You know I will! :)
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 6:06 AM
would you believe it?? man.. when i went to Episode one.... in Utrecht (dutch city) and there were actualy guys that were dressed up in such costumes.... and the thing i enjoyed the most... is when some IDIOT.. in a captain picard suit came in and the whole theatre started BOOOOOOOOO-ing him. :D that was cool... but please..... im not going to go dressed up to a Star Wars movie... im a huge fan.. of Star Wars,..... HUGE... since over 10 years now... but i will NEVER.... EVER.. dress up like star wars... :D

BTW... thsi was a lot of fun this movie.... hahahha i laughed so hard people at my work came by and looked with me :D
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 9:34 AM
I just saw it again :D

tell... me... do any of you do like these guys?? or know anyone who goes to the movie like this?
 Zendjir
06-10-2002, 12:25 PM
tell... me... do any of you do like these guys?? or know anyone who goes to the movie like this?

Even if they do, they will probably be too afraid to say it, and rightly so :).

It's cool, Zendjir. If I marry in a SW outfit, you kill me, and if you marry in a SW outfit, I kill you. Deal? And make it painful. You know I will!

It's a deal, I really appreciate this, I do :D
 TheMadDoofer
06-10-2002, 2:22 PM
Half of the movie theater was filled up with those kind of guys when I went for AOTC.

:fett:
 setsuko
06-10-2002, 3:05 PM
No such things where I live, really. There weren't even any real queues, on friday I could order tickets for saturday night, the weekend after the premiere, without problems.

Hmmm.. I have a darth Vader lightsaber toy that lights up the plastic saber and makes battle sounds when I swing it or hit something with it. Thats the limit on my SW nerdness, I guess.
 Wraith 8
06-11-2002, 5:15 AM
well.. my nerdness expands WAY more than that :D

i keep my Star Wars nerdness to my room.. where i have MANY star Wars Items.
Ill post some:

Almost all available Star Wars Books
If you want a list... just say :D

Almost all available Star Wars Lego
If you want a list... just say :D

4 Star Wars posters
1 with Darth Vader cut up in all sorts of little pics
1 with Anakin Skywalker with the shadow of Darth Vader (ep1)
1 The official movvie poster of Episode 2
1 A poster with the Star Wars Galaxy.

2 Star Wars caps
1 with 20 years Star Wars
1 With the official Logo and may the force be with you on the back

A cardboard Jar Jar from Pepsi, SiSi, 7-Up and Lays.

6 (empty) cans of Pepsi, SiSi, 7-Up with images of EP1 on it.

Comics of ep1 + the books how and what stuff :D about ep1

Games:
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars Rebel Assault II
Star Wars X-wing
Star Wars Tie Fighter
Star Wars X-wing vs. Tie Fighter
Star Wars X-wing Alliance
Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Galactic Battleground
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Battle for Naboo
Star Wars Behind the magic
Star Wars Behind the magic Episode 1
Star Wars Yoda Stories

2 T-shirts.
1 with mauls face on it
1 with Vader

I think my nerdness stops here :D... oh and a website ofcourse :D
Wraith Squadron (http://www.geocities.com/wraith_squadron_8/)

Now i know.. im a nerd.... but like i said... it stops once i leave my room :D
 Zendjir
06-11-2002, 6:08 AM
Almost all available Star Wars Books

I met a guy in Leeuwarden a few days back, in a comic store. He said that he had lots of Star-Wars books too. Could that be you?

Anyway, on topic:

My nerdyness:

Huge amount of SW comics from Dark-Horse
A few books
A decent amount of SW games
A model a-wing
A model At-At walker
2 posters

I guess that's it...I want quality stuff, no SW-merchandize-poodoo.
 Wraith 8
06-11-2002, 6:54 AM
hmmm :D.. no that wasnt me you were talking to :D

No i work at The Friese Pers.... i only come between there.. and the train Station :D..... i walk :D

and my books are English and Dutch :D
 setsuko
06-11-2002, 9:54 AM
Star Wars: Tie Fighter

Daaaaaaamn. I owned in that game! It's my favourite flight/space sim ever. Best SW game, too. I loved that sweet piece of gaming heaven.
 RoyalGuard
06-11-2002, 10:11 AM
TIE fighter was definitely my favourite X-wing series flight sim (imperial bias not withstanding). Even now in X-Wing alliance I rock in a TIE interceptor...

I have dressed up as a Jedi, but it was to go to a Uni fancy dress ball (movie themed). I went as a young Obi, a friend went as Qui-Gon...

but while I have almost all the released books (young jedi series not included) I can't even compete with Wraith 8 in terms of collectibles...
 Jan Gaarni
06-11-2002, 8:49 PM
ROFL @ Wraith's list :D

Hehe, you will die alone. :D j/k

Nice list there, Wraith. :)
 Wraith 8
06-12-2002, 4:39 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
ROFL @ Wraith's list :D

Hehe, you will die alone. :D j/k

Nice list there, Wraith. :) hahahahah wel. everything that DOG said about the star wars nerds..... wel lets just say it doesnt go for me :p

and i dont dress up like a frikkin Jedi :D
 DudEhead
06-12-2002, 3:01 PM
Still in exams till next week friday so i'll only come online periodicly...

my nerdness: _9 posters of star wars
_ 5 comics (read over 30)
_ 2 books (read nine)
_action figures of darth vader, luke, han, three kinds of storm troopers and following vehicles: at-st, x wing, a wing, snowspeeder, speeder bike, landspeeder, tie fighter
_miniature toys: hoth scene, tie advanced, at-at, snowspeeder, at-st, escape pod (got that one for free)
_ miniature thngies: cloud city, escape pod, Mon calamari rebel cruiser
_ books: episode 1 encyclopedia, episode 1 vehicle thingies (doorsneden) (arsefully, they're in Dutch :()
_ Star wars fact files
_ episode 1, and the special edition trilogy videos
_ Star wars ccg cards including boba fett, slave 1, darth vader, luke, han etc....
_might have forgotten some stuff

I think i'm pretty much hooked on star wars :) :fett:
 DudEhead
06-12-2002, 3:07 PM
and for the costume part, i dont have one but if i found a boba fett suit, i might put it on (I have participated with a LARPG once too so (Live Action Role Playing Game)), but i wouldn't reenact the movie like they did (with the swimming and stuff) cause that's just stupid, i might enact some scenes from the books of boba fett but only if lots of others would also particpate or if i'm certain noone can get me, making an ass of myself, on tape :D :fett:
 Wraith 8
06-13-2002, 5:01 AM
ooo...

i forgot.. i have the fact files also.. every week a new addition
and i have Ep1 on video (soon ill buy DVD) and the original trilogy special edition.

i have been trying on buying the original.. without the special effects.. but the stupid rental wont sell them.... beacaus e they arent allowed :mad:
 DudEhead
06-14-2002, 8:01 AM
er... i have the ones without special effects too... but they're not so good, only thing i can think of why it's good to have 'em is to compare the two versions..
 DarkSideYodaIAm
06-14-2002, 12:59 PM
:dozey: not bad :dozey:
 The Truthful Liar
06-14-2002, 1:12 PM
I have some Star Wars shirts and Star wars posters... that's pretty much it except for those little pez candies that I've kept and are about 20 Years old... hehehe vintage :)
 Demangel
06-17-2002, 10:54 PM
MMm vintage pez = mind altering drug... mmmmm the colors...

anyway My nerdyness is not in quantity but in quality... I have always been what some would call a "nerd." If it's meant in collecting or owning something others don't... Like suits of armor, swords, ETC...

So for me, owning a Lightsaber fromwww.ligtechindustries.com) is nerdyness enough for me... My nerdiness training in SW will be complete however when I get one from parks as well, and wear my old martial arts gear with some alterations heheh.

Hell a Jedi outfit is basically one part kimono, one part priest robe right? just gotta get the robe heheh, My sis has a nice black bath robe... maybe I can squeeze into that?

But seriously... Would I go to the opening of EPIII wearing a costume like that? Possibly... but only if I had a buddy to join me in making a fool of myself, and someone to tape it heheh.

I mean I am used to being called a freak and sticking out like a sore thumb... You know that guy with the mowhawk you see now and then? Well I'm not him... I'd be the guy next to him.... I am the rare guy wearing the long black trench coat with long black hair, a chain mail vest under it, spiked gauntlets and the rest of it is biker looking attire... I look like a gothic renegade from a mad max movie or somehting... I even wear sunglasses in the middle of the night!

you haven't lived until parents shuffle thier kids to thier other side as they pass you to keep thier kids away from you... Or when people at shopping malls actually turn around as you walk past them...

I'm 25 years old, and been doing it since I was 16... It never gets old hehehe...

So wearing a Jedi outfit, with a lightsaber that looks pretty real is only a small step over the edge into oblivion of nerdiness for me... :rolleyes:

My next project will be to have a custom sword, and armor set made for me... Know how much it will cost?

How much did you pay for your car... Probably close to that much hehehe... But hey we all got hobbies... some drink, some do drugs... some chase women....

As I used to say... the only thing cooler than guys who get chicks, are guys that scare chicks, and the only ones cooler than them are the guys who scare chicks and STILL get em... I'm working on that last part... the ones I get tend to scare ME more than I scare them... :freakout:

I won't go into details, but no they don't look ugly, and are not fat ETC... they are just uhm... freaky :( heheh

*this comedic reply was brought to you by: Bocardi 151 rum...*
 DudEhead
06-18-2002, 12:44 AM
U wouldn't happen to be from belgium would u? cause i know someone who has stuff like u describe, only thing different is he makes his own chainmail, of course maybe u wanna have plate, which would be hard to make yourself..
Page: 1 of 1