Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

haha! look at that!

Page: 1 of 1
 james_chelliah
06-07-2002, 10:44 AM
sorry for the subject of this topic, but plz i need help. How do u get the beta? They send u the CD? EXPLAIN PLZZZ!! Has anyone out of US got it?
 Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 10:59 AM
?? well i havent heard anything about Who got it and who dont... i for one subscribed in the second stage... so that my new comp could arive and all..

but sorry mate.. havent heard anything yet. and i do hop they ship it to us Euro guys aswell :D
 james_chelliah
06-07-2002, 12:45 PM
yea man bcuz i live in Asia, and like u kno when u sign up for online contests, it says like limited to so and so countries, so like, this one doesnt, and i hope they ship 2 asia.
 setsuko
06-07-2002, 3:01 PM
It's very likely to be downloaded over the net. Sure, most games are sent over with a CD when you enter a beta, but since there are a couple of hundred times as many participants in a MMORPG beta (since you have to test server issues, which needs many testers daily), it is quite uneconomic for Verant to burn and ship the CDs.

But yeah, it's a bitch if you are on modem. I can direct you to my friends who downloaded the 600 mb AO beta on dialup, only to find out that the file had become corrupted during the download.

Took him a week of downloading to finally get a working version! :D

EDIT: Oh, and the DAoC beta was downloaded over the net too. But I think you could order it from them, if you paid a small fee (covering the prize of the CD and shipping)
 derekdrygon
06-07-2002, 3:29 PM
My guess is they will send out CD's in the early phases and make it downloadable in later stress tests. Due to the sheer number of people required to stress test a game, and the cost of postage/stamped CD's/packaging etc. I think they will only send out beta CD's to the early phase beta testers.

Back when I beta tested EQ for verant, they did both. They sent out CD's for phase 2.0 and 3.0 however for phase 3.5 you had to download the client. I didnt have a cable modem back then... my friends and family thought I was dead cause the phone was busy for 3 days straight. 600 meg download over a phone modem, boy that wasnt fun... betatesting the game aftwords was though!

Hitmann_D
 Koffin
06-07-2002, 4:40 PM
There is away to convince the DEV's to be on the beta team, but this is a PG forum so I cant tell you how...
Page: 1 of 1