Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Balance of Power relating to population with in factions... Will it happen?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sonterra
06-06-2002, 3:27 AM
Interesting topic: I have just started posting on these forums ( please excuse being behind with the news) and have a question.

1.Will the balance of power between the 3 factions, (REBEL, EMPIRE, HUTT), be of actual players or AI and will they be equal? Or will they start the storyline as it was written during the time period of SW's.

2.Is there a worry that peeps will populate one faction more then another? Has there been any talk about these issues?

Sonterra :fett:
 Koffin
06-06-2002, 3:37 AM
Damn, hit us with a doozie why dont you....

Well here goes nothing.

There will be a balance as far as I know it despite continuity. this is only based on the assumption and feelings gotten from Dev chats.

I think the balance of power concerning AI will shift depending on the particular area you are in. (ex. Tatooine might have a predominate criminal AI, and Coruscant might have a predominate imperial AI.) But the overall balance of power within the galaxy will depend on the strength of players within a faction.

Onto your second question...

That is definitly a danger, but only time will tell. It appears that the majority of players are leaning toward remaining neutral however I am not aware of those particular concerns being addressed as of yet.

(takes a breath)

Nice questions though.....

What ever happened to the easy "I want to be a jedi and how can I be one?"
 Sonterra
06-06-2002, 3:43 AM
After reading some of the other posts, if you want...

What ever happened to the easy "I want to be a jedi and how can I be one?"

It appears Wraith keeps bringing up the Darn Jedi wanna be Stuff...

:atat:
 Ascari
06-06-2002, 6:30 AM
Yup, Koffin is right.

It depends on the planet what faction has a stronger presence.

:cool:
 Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 6:48 AM
well i think corellia wil have a stronger imp than rebel or hutt.

lets see them all shall we :D.. this is what i think:

Corellia: Imp, Hutt. Mainly Imp
Tattooine: Hutt, Imp. Mainly Hutt
Naboo: Rebel, Imp. Mainly rebel
Rori: Rebel. Mainly Rebel
Dathomir: Imp. Mainly Imp
Endor: Rebel, imp. Mainly Rebel
Talus: Imp, Hutt. Mainly Imp
Yavin: Rebel. Mainly Rebel.

But this is what i think... it can very well be different.

-Wraith 8-
Page: 1 of 1