Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help for a newbie!

Page: 1 of 1
 Divis
03-15-2002, 4:46 AM
Are you able to build them right away, and if not, what do I need. I had enough carbons, but the farms still wasn't lit up.

Next question has to do with filling up the animal shelters, how do you "fill them up" I've just been sending workers out and killing things and then bringing them back, how am I supposed to do it?

thanks,

-J.
 bluesoup
06-05-2002, 11:28 PM
hi all i just got this game a couple of days ago and am not doing too bad. Ive been playing a friend over tcp/ip connection and he whippin my ass but he's had the game longer.

Anyhow, what i really need help with i think is my start. Ive just been using wookies and i usually make a worker right off the start and tell one to make a shelter at once. Now from there im not too sure whether i should focus on food or carbon. Food gives me the most trouble since sometimes it is hard to find.

Can anybody help me out with the food situation and possibly give me some sort of a well rounded build order that i can start with as an opening.

I have about 4years experience playing Starcraft so i can pick this stuff up pretty easy, but im not used to all these different resources.

Please help!!!! thx. ;)
 Kryllith
06-06-2002, 2:16 PM
First thing you should do is use all your food to build workers (this assumes your starting with the usual 200-500 food). Have them all start on carbon (though you might want to have one build a prefab or two), while your scout checks out your immediate area. If you find a decent patch of food bushes or perhaps a large pack of food-providing animals, go ahead and build a food center and let the person start getting food. A lot of your strategy in regards to food will depend on the type of planet. If there's a lot of water, you might want to build a dock and use ships to get food (or if you're CC or food center is right next to water, you might fish). More often, it's a matter of the nerf/bantha population of the planet. I've gone entire games without building one farm because was able to fill 2-5 animal shelters. If there seems to be few nerfs/banthas, you'll want to put more people on food. If there seems to be a lot of nerfs/banthas, you may delay farming. Fact, if your scout picks out animals rather quickly you may end up building an animal shelter before you do a farm (I usually do).

Kryllith
 AU_Andy_Ewok
06-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Using wookies the start i use and think is the best is too. first 3 workers build 3 prefabs. then que four workers. *Always* build workers. first 12 on food so you can keep making workers. Next 12 on Carbon. then 2 on nova. Then you can think about going to tech 2. if you have less then 500 food keep building workers and share them evenly betweeen food, carbon, ore and nova. You should never go to tech 2 with less that 25 workers
 Grey_Leader11
06-16-2002, 12:46 PM
build ALOT of workers, amass huge resources, and build armies fast
 Kryllith
06-18-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by AU_Andy_Ewok
You should never go to tech 2 with less that 25 workers
This really depends. Going into tech 2 with 25 workers is excellent for jumping through the later techs, but you might want to consider jumping to tech II earlier if you're being threatened. Tech II lets you build the bigger walls, turrets, gets rid of your crappy trooper recruits, and allows for padawans which can be pretty useful at holding off early rushes. If you've time and you're not being pressured, get the 25; but if you're looking at an early rush, you might want to advance sooner.

Kryllith
 duder
06-18-2002, 1:47 AM
Originally posted by Kryllith

This really depends. Going into tech 2 with 25 workers is excellent for jumping through the later techs, but you might want to consider jumping to tech II earlier if you're being threatened. Tech II lets you build the bigger walls, turrets, gets rid of your crappy trooper recruits, and allows for padawans which can be pretty useful at holding off early rushes. If you've time and you're not being pressured, get the 25; but if you're looking at an early rush, you might want to advance sooner.

Kryllith

I'd only recommend that if you are planning on rushing. In defence you will be okay with carefully placed thinner walls, and troops.
Page: 1 of 1