Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do you want to be a Jedi to look cool, or to actualy help people?

Page: 1 of 1
 Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 11:33 AM
So the question is:
Do you want to be a Jedi to look cool and have a lightsaber and Force powers? Or,
Do you want to be a Jedi to actualy help people, and good people like the Rebels so you can help restore peace to the galaxy?
 Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 11:34 AM
You don't want to be a Jedi and you don't give a crap.
 setsuko
06-05-2002, 12:24 PM
I guess I'll have to go for the "doesn't want to be a jedi, and dont give a crap" :D
 Crazy_dog no.3
06-05-2002, 12:24 PM
I think most people are going to say they are going to help the good guys (Unless they are Dark Jedi:p ) and they might even do so, but mostly it is to be cool.

I won't be a Jedi.
 Koffin
06-05-2002, 1:14 PM
another option:

Kill Jedi.
 Lord Helmet
06-05-2002, 4:51 PM
i'd have to say to look cool with force powers....eh who doesn't ...help people my ass..well then they'll have to *help* me muhahah
 Gaelin Masek
06-05-2002, 5:11 PM
I don't wanna start being all philosophical and sh*t, but I've been in a clan for Jedi Knight and I'm still in the same one for Jedi Knight 2. We've always tried to do the right thing and help others.

I know it sounds like bullsh*t, this is just a game really, but games are supposed to simulate real life in the majority of cases.

To anybody who wants to take this game relativly seriously as an RPG then I think, yeah we will get people who genuinly want to help others.

Course we will get those who ONLY wanna look cool, they will either end up as Dark Jedi or not succeed as a Jedi at all.
 Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 7:42 PM
Good point, and I'm one of those people who wants to help others and not just sit around and let evil do whatever the hell it wants.
 Ulic Quel Droma
06-05-2002, 9:06 PM
oh boy did you pick the wrong board to post about jedis on, most of the people who browse here are going to flame the pants off you *thinks of wraith's jedi post*

in any case, im not doing it for either, well i might later on be for good but im doing it for the trials. :)
 Gaelin Masek
06-05-2002, 9:09 PM
Anybody else know what he's talking about? :)

Glad to see somebody has the right idea, good awnser Andrew. I just hope you keep that idea when the game comes out :)
 MikeC
06-05-2002, 9:13 PM
I think there's another possibility you should list.

A burning desire to get bitch slapped by Darth Vader :vadar:
 Lord Helmet
06-05-2002, 10:29 PM
well actaully, he'll probably go to darth himself..confront him and send him to a pyschotrist as darth is using using force squeeze balls....see how well he can help people then
 Koffin
06-06-2002, 2:55 AM
Originally posted by greg g
well actaully, he'll probably go to darth himself..confront him and send him to a pyschotrist as darth is using using force squeeze balls....see how well he can help people then

Wonder how long the shrink would last when he ask poor ol Darth to tell him about his mother.
 Sonterra
06-06-2002, 3:01 AM
Koffin...Nice quote!
 Koffin
06-06-2002, 3:15 AM
Ahh welcome to the forums sonterra. That quote came from Socrates I believe. Either that or I saw it on a bathroom wall.
 Quan_Jon
06-14-2002, 3:07 PM
If I came a Jedi I wouldn't help anyone because I'd be too concerened with saving my own ass remember this is the time when Jedis were hunted and killed they didn't have time to help the rebels all as they did was hide and die the way it should be done
 Gaelin Masek
06-14-2002, 7:05 PM
Well we don't *know* that exactly, I do not believe it is written anywhere.

I would imagine that the Jedi would help from the shadows, not charge onto the field with the usual snap-hiss of a lightsaber.

I do appreciate what you are saying though.
 Andrew Past
06-14-2002, 8:24 PM
Well, I will try my best to help people.
 TyrX
06-16-2002, 8:37 AM
I pretty much just want to hurt people.
:)

I plan on becoming a Jedi then "falling"

But I do truly want to become a jedi...a very powerful and strong in the dark side jedi...MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It never works out that way though...ever play Black & White? I tried so hard to be evil but I was just too good...ARG!
 Legacy_Of_Sith
06-16-2002, 11:56 PM
As cool it is to be a jedi with a saber and stuff I also want to help people out (If I actually become one, unsure if i'll try.) . However, if i'm a dark jedi I wanna be as cruel as possible as to not break character. Or maybe i'll be a friendly Dark Jedi.
 TyrX
06-17-2002, 1:11 AM
LOL Legacy, Sure I'll help you find your taunton little boy...it's over there...(mind trick the kid off a cliff)...oops, I guess not...

BWUAHAHAHHAHAA
Page: 1 of 1