Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic in = Rebels out?

Page: 2 of 2
 Sithmaster_821
06-18-2002, 1:00 AM
The gungs are good but post-cc their kinda turtle civs (cheap sheildsand forts, healing buildings, and ore bonus). Those fambas are incredibly useful and in high graphic quality they look sweet. Still like the Imps and Rebs better, but they are cool.

The a-wings are strong but they die so quickly. They do make good raiders and fighter killers (as long as the enemy doesnt have sheilds.
 D'Blee
06-18-2002, 9:17 AM
I think it's nice that the Gungans get to turtle. Kind of fits with Phantom Menace, where they hide in the swamps all the time and then finally pop out to get horribly butchered by the Federation. Plus it's cool that the game gets a more dedicated turtling civ - though the Republic gets a boost in that department with Galactic Senate Hub.

Good point about the medics. That really irritates me with all the other civs; medics who can heal each other are a big plus. Shame that Gungan air is so awful, because the ability to fix your aircraft for free is exceptionally smart.

Enough with all this talk about high detail and Fambaa shield shimmer. I'm having to run GB on my laptop with its mighty 2MB of video RAM. Has anybody else ever even seen the little Hutt icon that denotes your enormous lag? I spend all my games looking at the little green bugger... sob... wheeze... dramatic lip tremble...

More on topic, I find A-wings very traumatic to use. They look so nice, and they don't cost much, and then you lose ten in the space of three seconds and you just start wailing like a child...
Page: 2 of 2