Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Question About Luke's Sw Lightsabers.

Page: 1 of 1
 fernandotabet
05-29-2002, 10:57 PM
Well, I'm a SW fan, but when my friend asked me this question, I couldn't really answer. On episode IV, Luke receives from Ben his fathers lightsaber, and it was green. So, why his lightsaber is blue on Episode V, if he only had a green one, that Ben gave? (And he couldn't build a new lightsaber, coz he didn't have jedi skills at that time). ANSWER ME! =P
 gavor
05-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Since you used capital letters I feel obliged to answer.......

The lightsaber given to Luke by Ben was blue. Go watch SW again. If it appears green to you, adjust your television color. If it still appears green, go to the eye doc.

The blue saber is lost in Ep V(that was handy) and the green one is a saber he constructs between Ep V and VI.

bada bing bada something else
 Demangel
06-02-2002, 8:17 AM
isn't anikens saber in EPII green? I could be wrong about that one, but maybe thats what he meant by it being green?

I figure he simply loses it, and makes a blue one at some point...

But if it was blue all along (remember I haven't seen ATOC yet, and please don't burn a wookie in effigy on my front lawn for that heheh) then I would have to agree... first check the color on your TV, then see the eye doctor if the problem persists ;)
 Darth Maxx
06-02-2002, 9:33 AM
And we didn't see Episode III yet, so we can't be sure 'bout anything.
 RoyalGuard
06-02-2002, 5:39 PM
In Ep2 Anakin uses the blue lightsabre given to him by Obi-Wan at first, then he loses that one is is thrown a green light sabre by a random Jedi.

As for Luke, in ANH his sabre is indeed blue, and it is only in ROTJ that he has a green sabre.
 Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 7:35 AM
uhm.. like some of you said already...

Ep2:
Anakins lightsaber is blue. but when he gets on Geonosis his saber gets broken so it is of no use to him. when the Jedi arive they throw him a green saber wich he fights with.

Ep3:
Anakin will probably make a new lightsaber wich he throws away after he truns to the darkside. Obi wan decides that he will keep the saber and give it to Luke when he grows up. (if you rmember that Anakin does not know about Luke Skywalker until after the battle of Yavin.)

Ep4:
Obi wan give luke the saber and luke goes of to the rebbelion.

Ep5:
Lukes hand got cut of by vader. it falls down to the planet. with his hand. (according to the books the hand + saber gets picked up by the Empire and kept in storage. later on the crazy Jedi Joruus C'boath makes clone out of that hand and gives him the saber. The saber later on belongs to Mara Jade.)

Ep5:
Luke finishes his training and makes another Lightsaber.
vader: "you have contructed a new lightsaber. your skills are complete."

Is this enough info?? :D

-Wraith 8-
 MikeC
06-03-2002, 11:42 AM
As has already been mentioned, In both ANH and ESB we see Luke's lightsaber is blue. The only time he has a green one is ROTJ (when he had built his own to replace the lost blue one).
Page: 1 of 1